kingpin8399 is offline New Member

College student needs help with a diet!!

hey,

ive decided that i need to lose some pounds, so for the past 2 weeks i cut out all the cheeseburgers and french fries, and sodas......the lack of caffenine was killing me so i had to start drinking tea, but usually only w/ a meal.......the thing is i only eat TWICE a day, and if im lucky 3 times........i have a horrible sleeping schedule like all other college students, but i usually do my cardio whenever i wake up (12:00)....except when i have my 8am class, i usually do it when im done w/ classes at 5, then i lift weights right after the cardio.......im also taking multivitamins....and i think ive lost a few pounds by doing all of this........now im ready to speed up the process, i think its because of my diet, i think it needs to be cleaned up.......i hear you are suppose to eat 6 times a day?? i dont even know how i could fit all of that in........and how big are the meals suppose to be.......lately all ive been eating is chicken and fish........alot of its been fried, but i know ive gotta cut the FRIED part out.......i eat alot of oranges, and i keep one of those vegetable trays in the fridge and snack on that....and i always eat chinese food atleast once a week.......does rice have too many carbs? i have no clue on how my diet should be formed, and with me being a picky eater i think its going to be tough......is there anybody that can help?

thanks

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Read some of the posts on the boards, particularly the stickies. Also, the chinese food, if you get it via takeout, is usually cooked in a rendered fat. It's really bad for you. There probably are some decent menu choices however.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    buy some tuna

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    tuna 4 life

kingpin8399 is offline New Member
    im a picky eater......i hate tuna....ive been eating so much chicken lately i think im gonna turn into one

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    when i was in college i lived off of tuna/grilled chicken when they had it in the cafe, cottage cheese, the salad bar and the deli, which has cold cuts...i managed to drop 50lbs and managed to eat 6 - 7 times a day..it is very doable.

smegs is offline Member
    i am in college, all i eat is tuna, grilled chicken, cottage cheese, protein shakes (these are my sources of protein), oatmeal in the morning, and brown rice for PPWO, and then lots of veggies
    stick around and read a little bit more man

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Try the POVERTY DIET..............it's the one I was on in college.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    aint no excuse that your in school...im in school and bought a freezer and stored tons of steaks and chicken to last me until next year.

Prepare yourself in advance and plan everything out..it will become much easyer

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    If you fail to plan you're planning to fail.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin8399
    hey,

ive decided that i need to lose some pounds, so for the past 2 weeks i cut out all the cheeseburgers and french fries, and sodas ALWAYS A gOOD IDEA......the lack of caffenine was killing me so i had to start drinking tea, but usually only w/ a meal YOU CAN SUPLLEMENT WITH CAFFFEINE PILLS.......the thing is i only eat TWICE a day, and if im lucky 3 times YOU HAVE TO EAT AT LEAST 5 TIMES A DAY........i have a horrible sleeping schedule like all other college students, AS LONg AS YOU SLEEP FOR 8 HOURS ITS COOL but i usually do my cardio whenever i wake up (12:00)....FINE except when i have my 8am class, i usually do it when im done w/ classes at 5, then i lift weights right after the cardio ALWAYS SPLIT UP YOUR CARDIO AND WEIgHTS.......im also taking multivitamins....and i think ive lost a few pounds by doing all of this........now im ready to speed up the process, i think its because of my diet, i think it needs to be cleaned up.......i hear you are suppose to eat 6 times a day?? i dont even know how i could fit all of that in........and how big are the meals suppose to be SMALL BUT FREQUENT.......lately all ive been eating is chicken and fish........alot of its been fried, but i know ive gotta cut the FRIED part out TRUE.......i eat alot of oranges, and i keep one of those vegetable trays in the fridge and snack on that....and i always eat chinese food atleast once a week ITS MOSTLY FRIED, SO TRY TO AVOID IT.......does rice have too many carbs? YES BUT THE COMPLEX KIND i have no clue on how my diet should be formed, and with me being a picky eater i think its going to be tough......is there anybody that can help?

CHECK OUT THE CUT STICKY AND gO FROM THERE

thanks
    CAPS

Thread Information