Thread: My diet

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

My diet

My immediate goals arent to specificly cut, or to specificly gain, i weigh about 193 lbs and my overall goal is about 205 but very lean/cut, heres the diet i put together

Weight lifting days(monday-wed-friday-sat

meal 1:
    3 eggs,2 egg whites
    2 piece if wheat toast
    16oz of orange juice

Meal 2
    1 can of tuna (1 scooop of mayo)on wheat

Meal 3
    3 grilled chk breasts with melted american cheese ontop
    a side salad(alittle low carb dressing)

meal 4
    1 can of tuna, 1 little scoop of mayo on wheat

WORKOUT

Meal 5- wondering what a good shake or meal would be here

Meal 6
    2 8oz steaks(really only about 8oz of meat i but the cheap angus steaks theres alof of bone n fat, its only about 60 grams of protein)

My diet for tues-thurs-sunday goes liek this, ill abbreviate it

breakfast 2 eggs 1 piece of wheat toast n 16 oz of orange juice

lunch 3 chk breasts with melted cheese n a side salad

weight 3 hours then do cardio n abs

then eat either a few pieves of chicken or steak, thats it for my cardio days, am i going overboard on my cardio days??

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    To avoid spinning your wheels, choose a focus (bulk or cut) and apply the appropriate dietary principles.

~SC~

juicerm is offline Junior Member
    You should def read the bulking and cutting sticky and pick one. Your meal 1,2, and 3 contain protein, fat, and carbs. Try to seperate them into pro/fat and pro/carb. What I would do is DL a copy of harris-elliot.xls from the bulking thread and figure what amounts of pro fat and carbs you want to total at the end of the day. Then make a meal plan to fit it.

yea im kinda stuck in the middle, i mean i dont wanna put on 20 lbs, and i dont wanna lose 20 lbs, i wanna gain about 8-10 pounds of muscle, n in the process lose some bodyfat, hahah if it wasnt summer id focus on just bulkng to get to my weight, but i dont wanna pack on pounds and lose definition, i weigh about 193 right now , bye the end of june id like to weigh 200-205 n be cut, could someone who knows what their doing but a meal plan together for me, not foods just something like

Meal 1
    g protein/carbs fat
    meal 2- protein meals fat

Thanx alot guys i really apprecaite it

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    To avoid spinning your wheels, choose a focus (bulk or cut) and apply the appropriate dietary principles.

~SC~

This is the lesson it took me years to learn. I second this.

If you want to gain weight, you are bulking, so bulk up.

Use the bulking sticky by Leanmeout and Rambo as a skeleton. If you keep your calories just right and do cardio, you can maintain or lose fat (with AAS) and gain muscle.
    Last edited by inheritmylife; 04-06-2005 at 04:26 PM.

niXon)( is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    yea im kinda stuck in the middle, i mean i dont wanna put on 20 lbs, and i dont wanna lose 20 lbs, i wanna gain about 8-10 pounds of muscle, n in the process lose some bodyfat, hahah if it wasnt summer id focus on just bulkng to get to my weight, but i dont wanna pack on pounds and lose definition, i weigh about 193 right now , bye the end of june id like to weigh 200-205 n be cut, could someone who knows what their doing but a meal plan together for me, not foods just something like

Meal 1
    g protein/carbs fat
    meal 2- protein meals fat

Thanx alot guys i really apprecaite it
    This is nearly impossible without juice, and hard with juice...especially in that amount of time...pick one, bulking or cutting. sorry to burst your bubble.

try and make the diet on your own after reading the bulking and cutting sticky, you'll learn more...

i would just liek to thank everyone for ruining my day, and for that matter my next few months, hahahah im joking, i think im gonna focus on cutting, i mean if im getting 250 grams of protein n about 100 grams of carbs im sure i can keep my bodyweight now, about 195 n get defined(losing fat n gaining alittle muscle) i mean atleast thats my theory, im sure it completly wrong, but only time will tell

this is the exact diet taken from the cutting sticky, im just adding what foods im gonna use for each meal, hows it look(im assuming oatmeal is carbs )

Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 can of tuna, 1 tbl spoon low fat mayo. on a piece of wheat

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax
    egg n cheese omelette

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein
    alittle salad, n grillled chicken

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition ( what should i do here, and what should my carb/protein/fat intake be?

Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.
    either steak or chicken, salad

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax (should this be a whey shake, or can i just buy ne old shake that has protein n little to no carbs?
    this is pretty much the same as the one ive poste, not sure how it doesnt follow the guidelines, ne one wanna give advice, what u would change, or nething that neeeds adding.
    also was wondering if my diet should be the same on cardio days? I cant do it in the morn so was wondering if after meal 3 id wait about 3 hours, ten do cardio n only have a shake afterwards, or is this counter productive for muscle? one last question i swear, what type of liquids whould io be having, strictly water, can i have oj with breakfast, gatorade post workout?
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 04-07-2005 at 05:12 PM.

Think of your diet in terms of cutting. Eat like that, only add carbs to a PPWO meal, do less cardio while still doing some, and increase your calories to 250-500 calories over your total calorie requirements.

Don't overtrain, and I think you could reach that goal if you were using gear.

Even if you don't use AAS, your not getting in any better shape talking bro. Get on it.

Even without gear, I bet I could get 8-9 lbs in three months while maintaing bodyfat. I'm also intermediate. Some of these monsters probably couldn't get 2 lbs in that time. But the lbs come a little harder when you already weigh 280.

yea ive been in the gym and following the diet i posted above, i noticed at breakfast theres suposed to be carbs, but not at meal 2. what im gonna do is have the tuna on whole wheat for breakfast, then just have an egg n cheese omelte for my second meal, so i am following what the thread said, with the exception of alittle mayo in the tuna. i feel my 3rd meal is ok, its lean protein n veggies. Still not sure what my pwo shake, or meal should be??? then steak of chicken for dinner, and a shake befor ei go to sleep, just wondering how much protein should be in my shake,theres tons of protein shakes out there, just wondering a good amount of protein/carbs should be in the shake. I feel like this matches what they said to do, if ne one sees ne probs with the diet feel free to intervene, also what the hell is flaxoil?
    (i edited my above post to the revised diet i am going to use)
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 04-07-2005 at 05:14 PM.

yea ive been in the gym and following the diet i posted above, i noticed at breakfast theres suposed to be carbs, but not at meal 2. what im gonna do is have the tuna on whole wheat for breakfast, then just have an egg n cheese omelte for my second meal, so i am following what the thread said, with the exception of alittle mayo in the tuna. i feel my 3rd meal is ok, its lean protein n veggies. Still not sure what my pwo shake, or meal should be??? then steak of chicken for dinner, and a shake befor ei go to sleep, just wondering how much protein should be in my shake,theres tons of protein shakes out there, just wondering a good amount of protein/carbs should be in the shake. I feel like this matches what they said to do, if ne one sees ne probs with the diet feel free to intervene, also what the hell is flaxoil?
    (i edited my above post to the revised diet i am going to use)

Buy dextrose at a supplement shop or online. Whey isolate by any major manufacturer is fine. So, just find the best deal.

For the PWO shake, at your BW, I would suggest 50g whey and 80-100g dextrose.

PPWO meal should be void of fat, and the general goal is to consume the same amount of protein from your PWO shake, only this time it is lean meat. Consume 40-60 g of complex carbs.

I cheat a little here and eat "not-so-simple carbs" in the form of noodles. Since gaining BF is not an option for you, I stick to brown rice, oatmeal, or yams.

I would also stay on the 40g side of your carb consumption during this meal because you may want to get a jumpstart on morning cardio.

hey man thanx alot i appreciate it. Now a quik question, i was reading this articel in a mens fitness magazine that had this hudge articel on abs n carbs. Most of the guye they interviewed(who had good abs) said they shyd away from carbs after a certain time, or event try to stay as low as 30 carbs a day(all before workout) is there any validity to this, and if my main goal is to lose fat of my stomach(its horrible right now) should i cut down the carbs

also was wondering if my diet should be the same on cardio days? I cant do it in the morn so was wondering if after meal 3 id wait about 3 hours, ten do cardio n only have a shake afterwards, or is this counter productive for muscle? one last question i swear, what type of liquids whould io be having, strictly water, can i have oj with breakfast, gatorade post workout?

On cardio days, you can take carbs out of meal 1.

Cardio on an empty stomach is the ideal. If you can't do it that way, I would suggest not doing any, and instead be stricter with your carb and calorie intake. If you can only do cardio on an empty stomach 1 day/week, you need to adjust your total caloric intake and macros.

I would suggest water or skim milk for breakfast. Gatorade can be fitted in PWO but adjust your dextrose to account for the sports drink.

hey man thanx alot i appreciate it. Now a quik question, i was reading this articel in a mens fitness magazine that had this hudge articel on abs n carbs. Most of the guye they interviewed(who had good abs) said they shyd away from carbs after a certain time, or event try to stay as low as 30 carbs a day(all before workout) is there any validity to this, and if my main goal is to lose fat of my stomach(its horrible right now) should i cut down the carbs

If your main goal is to get rid of the fat on your stomach, then you need to cut. It's either cut or bulk, so we are cutting.

This changes things.

The diet you have only needs to be adjusted slightly.

Drop carbs from meal 1.

If you can't train earlier than 4:00 pm, you may want to consider dropping carbs from PPWO. Some don't eat carbs in PPWO while cutting reguardless of the time they train.

Drop total caloric intake to maintainence levels.

Cardio on an empty stomach, 1st thing in the morning is STRONGLY advised.

Be very vigilant about watching your training volume and caloric intake. You don't want to lose muscle.

i gotc ya man very informative, on my strictly cardio days(tues,thurs) i eat meal 3 at about 3, then run at like 6, then only eat steak for dinner , on the other 2 days i do cardio(mon.wed) i go by the diet posted above becasue i lift beore my cardio,heres the bottom line, and what im going to do. I am def cutting right now , heres my diet on workout days

Meal 1:

egg n cheese omelet -25 grams of protein

Meal 2:

1 can tuna, low fat mayo,piece of wheat-45 grams of protein-15 carbs

Meal 3:

alittle salad, n grillled chicken-45 grams of protein

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition: protein shake and dextrose- 30 grams of protein
    Meal 5:

either steak or chicken, salad-60 grams of protein

Meal 6:
    Shake - 20 grams of protein, 4 carbs
    and on cardio days ill do the exact diet but just with no shakes(pwo n meal 6)
    hey man thanx for all ur help i really appreciate it, will be starting this diet on monday, hows it look?

i gotc ya man very informative, on my strictly cardio days(tues,thurs) i eat meal 3 at about 3, then run at like 6, then only eat steak for dinner , on the other 2 days i do cardio(mon.wed) i go by the diet posted above becasue i lift beore my cardio,heres the bottom line, and what im going to do. I am def cutting right now , heres my diet on workout days

Meal 1:

egg n cheese omelet -25 grams of protein

Meal 2:

1 can tuna, low fat mayo,piece of wheat-45 grams of protein-15 carbs

Meal 3:

alittle salad, n grillled chicken-45 grams of protein

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition: protein shake and dextrose- 30 grams of protein
    Meal 5:

either steak or chicken, salad-60 grams of protein

Meal 6:
    Shake - 20 grams of protein, 4 carbs
    and on cardio days ill do the exact diet but just with no shakes(pwo n meal 6)
    hey man thanx for all ur help i really appreciate it, will be starting this diet on monday, hows it look?

Carbs are better suited for meal 3 than 2.

40-50g protein in PWO

At first glance it looks light on protein and calories for a 192lb guy. I won't do the math for you, but the cutting sticky has all you need.

On a day when you only do cardio, but cannot do it 1st thing in the morning, I suggest not eating any carbs until after you have done cardio. These days are going to be in the range of 50-75g carbs. Low.

On a day when you lift but do cardio later I suggest eating carbs prior to lifting and in PWO. Don't eat carbs after this and don't eat carbs after you have done cardio that night.

Seven meals would be better. The more feeds you have per day, the more effectively you can place your meals to suit your energy needs.

thanx alot man i appreciate it

thanx alot man i appreciate it

Anytime, I'm liking this forum. Seems like people have more than a shred of knowlege before they post.

Thread Information