Thot is offline New Member

Am I eating enough?

I´ve been lifting for almost 3 years, with bad results I would say. I was prety skinny when I started lifting, and now I´ve gained some bodyweight, but I see no more results and I´m asking myself if I´m really eating enough.

My diet is like follows:

1. Bread with some olive oil. Whey protein shake, with some skimmed milk. A vitamin supplement and a Vit. C capsule (1 gr).

2. Two cans of tuna fish with some bread. Sometimes I substitute this meal with a whey protein shake mixed with skimmed milk and oats.

3. Some pasta or rice, and some meat, which is usually veal or chicken.

4. Whey protein shake, with some skimmed milk and oats. If I lift this day, I don´t use oats but a shake with creatine and some isotonic drink, and a piece of fruit (usually banana).

5. Post-workout, which is a whey protein shake with some honey, a piece of fruit (usually banana again), some creatine, isotonic drink and vitamin supplement and a Vit. C capsule (1 gr).

6. My dinner, usually some meat (veal or chicken) or big plain omelette.

7. Before I go to bed, plain omelette (if it wasn´t in meal 6), salmon oil (4-5 capsules), onagra oil (insaturated fat).

And that is, tell me what u think. If u don´t understand something please don´t hesitate to ask, my first language is Spanish and I´m not used to writing English.

Thanks!

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Thot
    I´ve been lifting for almost 3 years, with bad results I would say. I was prety skinny when I started lifting, and now I´ve gained some bodyweight, but I see no more results and I´m asking myself if I´m really eating enough.

My diet is like follows:

1. Bread with some olive oil. Whey protein shake, with some skimmed milk. A vitamin supplement and a Vit. C capsule (1 gr).

2. Two cans of tuna fish with some bread. Sometimes I substitute this meal with a whey protein shake mixed with skimmed milk and oats.

4. Whey protein shake, with some skimmed milk and oats. If I lift this day, I don´t use oats but a shake with creatine and some isotonic drink, and a piece of fruit (usually banana).

5. Post-workout, which is a whey protein shake with some honey, a piece of fruit (usually banana again), some creatine, isotonic drink and vitamin supplement and a Vit. C capsule (1 gr).

7. Before I go to bed, plain omelette (if it wasn´t in meal 6), salmon oil (4-5 capsules), onagra oil (insaturated fat).

And that is, tell me what u think. If u don´t understand something please don´t hesitate to ask, my first language is Spanish and I´m not used to writing English.

Thanks!
    The first thing you need to do is sort out your diet as its pretty awful.
    Read this bro UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

I´ll take a look, thanks.

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Another good idea would be to list the totalt amounts of protein, carbs, fats and calories you get in each meal and a total for the hole day. Also you height, weight and bfp could be useful for people to give you advice.

Following the Harris Benedict Formula for Men, my Calorie needs are 2730,821.

I´m 1.77m, with 70,00kg and 23 years old.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Following the Harris Benedict Formula for Men, my Calorie needs are 2730,821.

What´s so funny?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Folow my caps. I am not the best but this is my opinion.

My diet is like follows:

YOUR FIRST MEAL IS PRETTY MUCH GARBAGE IF YOU ASK EM. YOU HAVE A SHAKE IN THERE WHCI IS GOOD BUT BREAD, OIL AND MILK? HUMM??

IF YOU HAVE SOME TIME CONSTRAINTS WHY NOT MAKE A PROTEIN SHAKE AND THROW SOME OATS IN THERE. IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY TIME ISSUES THEN EAT A DECENT BREAKFAST LIKE EGG WHITES AND A COUPLE REGULAR EGGS AND A BOWL OF OATS OR GRITS
    THE TUNA LOOKS GOOD WITH SOME REGUALR MAYO. I LIKE TOMAKE MY TUNA WITH REGUALR MAYO, DIJON MUSTARD AND SOME DICED UP JALEPENOS(SP?)
    THIS LOOKS LIKE A DECENT MEAL TO ME

THIS IS A GOOD PRE WORKOUT DRINK OR MEAL. NICE!

POST WORK OUT I LIKE TO USE DEXTROSE OR CORN SUGAR IF YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THEM THEN JUST GET SOME PIXIX STIX OR SWEET TARTS. I WOULDNT HAVE ANOTHER PIECE OF FRUIT OR THE HONEY

THIS MEAL SHOUDL HAVE THE SAME BASIC MACROS AS THE POST WORK SHALE. A NICE COMPLETE PROTEIN SOURCE AND A CLEAN CARB SOURCE

I WOULD HAVE A PRETEIN SHAKE HERE WITH SOME FLAX OIL OR WHAT EVER YOU CHOOSE
    YOUR ENGLISH IS VERY GOOD MY FRIEND! WELCOME TO THE BOARD!
    Thanks!

~ABSTRACK~
    abstrack@protonmail.com

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What´s so funny?
    You mean you really DON'T see what's funny?

Look @ your caloric total again, and tell me what it reads.

~SC~

Maybe it´s the notation. "," in Europe is a ".", and viceversa.

So, one million is written 1.000.000 here, and not 1,000,000.

Maybe is that. Same number, different notation.

gooroo is offline Associate Member
    I tell ya what I think is funny and its that swolecat avatar. Im sorry but I just gotta say something about it as its on my last nerve.

Are you posing as a marky mark wannabe rapper or something in that avatar? You look like a wigger?

Shwooo now I feel better I got that off my chest.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by gooroo
    I tell ya what I think is funny and its that swolecat avatar. Im sorry but I just gotta say something about it as its on my last nerve.

Are you posing as a marky mark wannabe rapper or something in that avatar? You look like a wigger?

I was thinking exactly the same thing!!
    I prefered the other one!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gooroo

Bummer you feel that way.

I was at a party w/friends and we were having a good time.

I won't even touch the middle-school "wigger" comment, that's sheltered thinking at it's finest. You should really get out more. My autosignature double-bi pic makes me look like a "wigger" too? What, is it just the hat?????

Just put me on "ignore" then you won't have to see it.

Problem solved.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 05-19-2005 at 12:34 PM.

diesel21 is offline Member
    if your tryin to gain, its really not that bad.. but yeah look at the stickies.. you may be a hard gainer....

hows your bodyfat w/ a diet like that?

imo you either are gaining or cutting

Hi!

I´ve read your advice and designed new diet, something near 4,000 kcal. I definitely need to eat more and that´s what I´m going to do.

This is the result:

It´s just an example, as every day I will be changing third and fifth meal (chicken instead of veil, vegetables instead of pasta or fish instead of meat). Hope this time is a little bit better

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Bummer you feel that way.

I was at a party w/friends and we were having a good time.

I won't even touch the middle-school "wigger" comment, that's sheltered thinking at it's finest. You should really get out more. My autosignature double-bi pic makes me look like a "wigger" too? What, is it just the hat?????

Just put me on "ignore" then you won't have to see it.

Problem solved.

~SC~
    Your wearing a Hat?!

yo it looks like you're eating enough calories, but maybe the protein is not in check? Because I'm only 5'6 and I need around 280 of protein per day to gain, and what did you say yours was like 320 or something? Anyway, up the protein man and if you're eating like this on a consistant basis and training frequently I can't see why youre not getting results. Youll probably gain a decent amount of fat with this diet, but you should definately get bigger

Thread Information