Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sticker is offline New Member

Arrow lifestyle change cutting, and UPS job..

Hey everyone its been a long time since i have been on this site. the past year or so i have gone down the wrong road. Ive been ****in with alot of drugs, mainly heroin and crack. But i have gotten off of them and im ready to get my body and my life back in shape. I have been lifting on and off for the past 2 months, but now i am ready to get back into the thick of things. I have studied alot when i have read this site in the past but i have a question about cutting my weight and having this new job. I work at UPS now. i unload packages, if anyone has worked there, you will then know that it is some physical shit. Alot of lifting, well pretty much all lifting. I sweat alot and i use alot of energy for the four hours that i work. I am gona post my diet, but my question is what should i eat before during and after my job at ups, i work the twilight shift 530pm-10pm. I was curious because the job takes alot of energy out of me and being on a low carb diet i am gona have limited amount of energy. well here is my diet, please respond to any changes you think i should make, also im just gona throw it out there of what i think i should eat for my job.

7am- 50 gm protein shake, 1 cup of oatmeal.
    11 am- 50 gram protein shake, 1 orange.(before workout)
    12 pm- workout
    post workout- 50 gram protein shake, dextrose
    230pm- (one hour after pwo meal) grilled chicken green veggies, and one cup brown rice
    430 pm- tuna on whole wheat bread, and maybe an orange or strawberries.
    7 pm- (break during work) 50 gram protein shake, and some fruit
    10 pm- (after work) 50 gram protein shake, and maybe a tablespoon of natural p.b.

again its been awhile since i have been here, and my main question is what i should eat for work. so please respond help me out here. thank you
    sticker

Oh i forgot to ask, on Saturday and Sunday i don't work out, sunday is my cheat day, but on saturday should i keep the same diet schedual, or should i eat more or less carbs thank you.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    I suggest reading the diet stickies first ..

You diet is too liquid based.. You need whole foods pal...

after making changes with stickies ... repost planned diet ... goals ? stats?

brutesinme is offline Member
    yeah, WAY to many shakes. eat real food man!

bcap is offline Member
    hey dude. i'm also cutting at the moment - doing a 12 week transformation. I'll give yeah some tips. First of all, you have way too many protein shakes, you need to base your diet around the cutting sticky at the top of the diet forums. If you are exerting a lot of energy at work, I strongly suggest a higher-carb meal full of low GI carbs before you work, that way you have enough energy for work. Also, pre workout should have some carbs as well, I usually crush a bowl of oats preworkout.

Check out the cutting sticky, and as far as your day off - saturday - just get rid of your post workout meal and replace it with a pro/fat meal. Speaking of fat, I strongly suggest you invest in some flaxseed oil, if your cutting - you should be RELYING on that stuff. You need to make sure you don't mix fats and carbs.

Also since you are cutting, I strongly suggest that you do cardio when you first wake up, on an empty stomach. I do this 6 times a week - and i've dropped 13 pounds in just over 3 weeks already.

In my opinion, here is what your outline shoudl look like.

Wake up: 7am - Cardio
    Meal 1: 8am 7 egg whites, flax oil
    Meal 2: 11 am- 1 cup of oats, 4 egg whites
    12 pm- workout
    Meal 3: Post Workout - 50 gram protein shake, dextrose
    Meal 4: Post Post Workout - grilled chicken green veggies, and one cup brown rice
    Meal 5 (Pre Work) - 1 cup of oats, 1 can of tuna and a 4oz piece of chicken
    7 pm- (break during work) - 6 oz piece of chicken, veggies/salad, flax oil
    10 pm- (after work) Cassein shake, Flax oil

Good luck bro.

Bryan

vermin is offline Member
    Does "cutting" really apply when someone is a beginner, as he seems to be? A decent whole foods diet making sure to get 1g of protein per lean pound seems like the way to go for someone in the first 6 months.

thanks for all the replies. and by the way i know i might sound like a beginner for cutting but i have done a good job the past 3 summers gettin to where i want to be. Bcap thanks for your opinion, the only thing is in the early morn im on the move cuz i have school so a protein shake and flax is what i will go with ill keep the shakes to 2 a day , 1st meal and post workout. I like strawberries alot. should i eliminate them from the diet or can i fit them somewhere round my work time.>?

ok i revised my workout, i tried to use as little shakes as i could check it out ..
    7am - 50 gram protein shake, flax oil
    11 am (pre workout)- 1 cup oats, protein pudding, 5 egg whites
    130 pm (post workout) - 50 gram protein shake, dextrose
    2 30 pm- grilled chicken, brown rice, green veggies (brocoli, asparagus)
    430 pm- 1 cup oats, 1 can tuna, green veggies
    7 pm (work break) - grilled chicken, orange
    10 pm - 50 gram protein shake, bag of nuts

thumbs up or down?

Thread Information