1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty

Unhappy So sick of cutting

Just wanted to say I am tired as hell of cutting. I've been cutting on and off for the last couple of years. Came down from 318lbs and sitting at 214lb today. Just thought I'd share, because I'm worn out and felt the need to let you all know.

1buffsob

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Do a short clean bulk

I'm actually gaining size with 2300 cals a day. I'm an endomorph in every sense of the word. I just need to drop under 10% bf, then can lean bulk. Have another 10lbs to go at least, maybe more. And since your little fat joke in my other thread, a lean bulk seems to be the last thing I need.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    I'm actually gaining size with 2300 cals a day. I'm an endomorph in every sense of the word. I just need to drop under 10% bf, then can lean bulk. Have another 10lbs to go at least, maybe more. And since your little fat joke in my other thread, a lean bulk seems to be the last thing I need.

1buffsob
    ROFL...so I gave you a complex? your such a highschool cheerleader

No, I already had the complex. It's what you get from being so fat for so long. You just aggrivated my complex.

Yaaay NewKid, Give me a D..... Give me an I...... Give me a C........ Give me a ..........

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    hey bro, me and you can suck it up together...im shredding down for a comp in 5 weeks and it's hell....so you got someone right here that understands.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    hey bro, me and you can suck it up together...im shredding down for a comp in 5 weeks and it's hell....so you got someone right here that understands.
    Thanks bigsd67. It helps when reminded I'm not the only son of bitch going through this crap. 5 weeks huh? Well, good luck on that. I'm sure you'll do well.

I almost wussed out and wasn't going to do a.m. cardio. But, upon seeing this, I have the much needed motivation that I was looking for.
    Thanks everyone for hearing my little rant.

1buffsob

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    stick with it, bro. sounds like you made grreat progress already. Need motivation? whip out an old pic of yourself, stare at that for a while b4 cardio

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m
    stick with it, bro. sounds like you made grreat progress already. Need motivation? whip out an old pic of yourself, stare at that for a while b4 cardio
    How's this? 3 years ago and now.
    Last edited by 1buffsob; 08-31-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Trying a different approach with my diet these next couple of weeks. A little more in the way of protein and a little less fat than what I was running. I'm going to adjust it as needed by how I seem to be progressing from week to week in terms of weight, appearance, and measurements.

Meal 1
    ½ cup oats + 1 scoop whey + 200mcg chromium + 100mg b-complex

Meal 2
    5oz chicken breast + veggies

Meal 3
    1 can tuna + 1 oz almonds + multi Vitamin

Meal 4
    5oz chicken breast + veggies + 2 tsp flax

Meal 5
    2 scoops whey + 2 tsp flax

Workout

Meal 6: PWO
    1 ½ cups oats + 2 scoops whey + 200mcg chromium + 100mg b-complex

Meal 7
    1 can tuna + veggies + 2 tsp flax

Trying to keep it as simple as possible. I find if I go real strict, I stay on my diet better than one with more food choices and such.

1buffsob

bold

Meal 1
    ½ cup oats + 1 scoop whey Maybe a bit more protein?

Meal 2
    5oz chicken breast + veggiesI know you said less fat but I really think you need the energy source of EFAs like some olive oil etc

Meal 3
    1 can tuna + 1 oz almonds Im alergic to almonds so I dont know if thats enough etc haha

Meal 4
    5oz chicken breast + veggies + 2 tsp flaxI really like this one

Meal 5
    2 scoops whey + 2 tsp flax Might consider a whole meal...personally I get hungry with less

Workout

Meal 6: PWO
    1 ½ cups oats + 2 scoops whey + 200mcg chromium + 100mg b-complexMe too

Meal 7
    1 can tuna + veggies + 2 tsp flax

Trying to keep it as simple as possible. I find if I go real strict, I stay on my diet better than one with more food choices and such.

1buffsob
    Just some thoughts bro...keep cutting and Im right there with you...haha whenevery you feel like cheating just imagine what NewKid would think...tisk tisk

NEW_IN_THE_GAME is offline Associate Member
    Hey man stay with it, i am at 241, trying to get to 230 for summer, currently at just about 10%. Had doctor do the test. 10.3%

I know it sucks , it sucks real bad. three cardio sessions a day, 30mins when i wake, 30 mins after weights, 30 mins before bed. cardio 4-5 days a week, weights 4 days a week.

My diet is very very bland. Lots of tuna, chicken breasts, . like 400g protein, 200g carbs, 65 g fat(mostly all good) 2900 or so a day.

I am doing this until summer, then clean bulk with haladrol and orasten e, and real nolva for pct. then hopefully by oct. i can do my first cycle. test e at 500mg a week, inj 2 x a week.

Well brother sorry i took so long.

good luck

N.I.T.G

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    bold

Just some thoughts bro...keep cutting and Im right there with you...haha whenevery you feel like cheating just imagine what NewKid would think...tisk tisk
    Good suggestions NewKid. I just recently started a job that requires me to sit on my ass from 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m . This of course makes fitting in cardio and training a bitch, so cardio after lifting (while not optimal) may be my only option. Waking up last week at 3:30 a.m. to do cardio wore me down horrible. But, without much activity durring those hours, I'm not sure how much energy I'm gonna need. Kinda why I'm playing it by how I feel. Meal 1 may require more protein, I'll find that out after the first week. 1 oz almonds is about 15g fat in meal 3. Meal 5 comes in about an hour before my workout. I usually need whole foods or get hungry as well, but don't ever get hungry working out, so I think it'll work. We'll see.

You in the same boat eh NewKid? I'll stick it out then, cuz I can't have someone like you making me look bad.

1buffsob

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Just wanted to say I am tired as hell of cutting. I've been cutting on and off for the last couple of years. Came down from 318lbs and sitting at 214lb today. Just thought I'd share, because I'm worn out and felt the need to let you all know.

1buffsob

im with you there bro....cutting sucks

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    f u ck it ...cutting dont suck...not having abs like 60% of americans sucks more...keep at it.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    glad to read your post mate, jst posted a little rant of me own, am sick aswell what gets me is all the prep work jst to eat a good meal, id luv to have someone make my meals. your looking well and that arm its bigger than me!

MarkyMark is offline Member
    If your not using a cheat day .. then add one ... This will keep you sane and will benefit you in a lot of areas ... good luck pal and Stay Lean ...

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    That is a pertty good diet i might try it too.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    f u ck it ...cutting dont suck...not having abs like 60% of americans sucks more...keep at it.

True....very true...abs are the best part, my gf is loving me right now

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    the diet look great a little low in carbs my man, but also, seems to me as you could put more food in a little low on cals is what im saying

Comes to be right around 2300 cals actually. I've been lowering it every couple of weeks since I started. Carbs are my worst enemy, I have to go fairly low. But I carb up every week or two when I feel the need. Just shoved in close to 500g today in the form of low GI carbs. Tomorrow I'll weigh close to 220.

1buffsob

P.S. I've actually gained 6lbs in the last 4 weeks with my cals close to 2300-2400 per day. My waist has gone down a half an inch and arms went up another quarter. The fact that I'm a HUGE endomorph (on certain 'supplements') means I have to go a little non-conventional with my dieting. I don't think I have much of a metabolism, if any.

Comes to be right around 2300 cals actually. I've been lowering it every couple of weeks since I started. Carbs are my worst enemy, I have to go fairly low. But I carb up every week or two when I feel the need. Just shoved in close to 500g today in the form of low GI carbs. Tomorrow I'll weigh close to 220.

1buffsob

P.S. I've actually gained 6lbs in the last 4 weeks with my cals close to 2300-2400 per day. My waist has gone down a half an inch and arms went up another quarter. The fact that I'm a HUGE endomorph (on certain 'supplements') means I have to go a little non-conventional with my dieting. I don't think I have much of a metabolism, if any.
    Thats great news...keep it up buff

brutesinme is offline Member
    have you read up on r-ala? I take that with my morning carbs, plus a few slices of grapefruit. You sound a lot like me...i topped out at 278, i'm sitting at 240 ish right now, my goal is a cut 220. The ala and grapefruit are supposed to help with insulin sensitivity (like the chromium) with the added benifit that ala is a powerful anti-oxidant.

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    Thats great news...keep it up buff
    Thanks man. It's just hard for me to see any progress when the scale keeps going up while cutting. I guess I'll have to stick to measurements since the scale is grossly misleading.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by brutesinme
    have you read up on r-ala? I take that with my morning carbs, plus a few slices of grapefruit. You sound a lot like me...i topped out at 278, i'm sitting at 240 ish right now, my goal is a cut 220. The ala and grapefruit are supposed to help with insulin sensitivity (like the chromium) with the added benifit that ala is a powerful anti-oxidant.
    I've tried r-ala and it had minimal effects on me (if any). So gowing low carb is my only alternative at the moment. That or DNP Cytomel will probably be added in the next couple of weeks at a low dose.

1buffsob

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by brutesinme
    I have been cutting down from 263 (was up to 278 back in Nov or Dec) to about 240ish as well and this weekend I introduced ALA... and it has seemed to help slide some more grissle off... I was just going to run it during the weekend at a high dose but I might now carry it through the week and see how it effects the numbers. ALA with high dose Vitamin C can also be preventative medicene to keep you healthy while cutting - nothing worse than being on a tight diet and then getting ill... its a deffinite set back...

Thread Information