edgarr is offline Member

Diet on SD cycle...

I am about to start a SD cycle on Monday 20/20/20/20. I started taking milk thistle, FF Niacin and Hawthorn Berry this week and will continue it throughout the cycle. I also take multi-vitamin, V-c, calcium and gultamine. I am ending a 2 week on/off cycle of clen and plan on running clen my first 2 weeks with SD and then off the last 2 weeks of SD and back on for the first 2 weeks of PCT. I am 5'9, 185, 15% BF. Here is my current diet, what do you think of this diet while on SD and should it change during PCT??? Thanks.

6:00
    5 egg whites
    20gm oatmeal
    15gm whey protein
    Cal 201.88 Protein 32 Carbs 19.5 Fat 1.5

9:00
    1 can tuna
    10ml of Flaxseed oil
    Cal 386 Protein 65 Carbs 0 Fat 11.8

12:00
    8oz chicken breast
    15gm whey protein
    10ml Flaxseed oil
    Cal 356 Protein 58 Carbs 3 Fat 12

3:00
    1 can tuna
    10ml of Flaxseed oil

6:00 Pre-Work out
    28gm whey protein
    5ml flaxseed oil
    Cal 143.2 Protein 23 Carbs 2 Fat 4.6

6:45-7:45 WorkOut

8:00
    45gm whey protein
    80g dextrose
    1 banana
    Cal 555 Protein 36 Carbs 110 Fat 0

9:30
    170gm of cottage cheese
    5ml Flaxseed oil
    Cal 163 Protein 19.5 Carbs 6 Fat 6.1

Total
    Cal 2191 Protein 298.5 Carbs 140.5 Fat 47.8

rissinite is offline Associate Member
    This to me looks like a cutting diet. I followed a clean bulk with a ton of clean calories and put on 13lbs of solid muscle. You will not gain fat on Superdrol if you eat clean. My advice to you would be to up the calories another 1000-1200 with the foods you already have listed....just more of them

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by rissinite
    This to me looks like a cutting diet. I followed a clean bulk with a ton of clean calories and put on 13lbs of solid muscle. You will not gain fat on Superdrol if you eat clean. My advice to you would be to up the calories another 1000-1200 with the foods you already have listed....just more of them
    That's debatable. Extremely debatable.

1buffsob

lc1987 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob

1buffsob
    agree. i read a lot of sd log and some people gain about 3-4 of fat during cycle but some look "leaner" after cycle. depends on the diet i beleive.

You can still gain fat on any compound, whether it be SD or 1g of test and 500mg tren . Just because the food you eat is clean, doesn't mean you won't put on fat. If it did, I wouldn't be in my 7th week of cutting.

1buffsob

lc1987 is offline Associate Member
    You can still gain fat on any compound, whether it be SD or 1g of test and 500mg tren . Just because the food you eat is clean, doesn't mean you won't put on fat. If it did, I wouldn't be in my 7th week of cutting.

1buffsob
    i have a question though. how come some people on this board said that they are leaner after coming off sd cycle.

edgarr is offline Member
    What I am trying to get done here is to lose some BF while keeping muscle. I would be happy if I put on 5-6lbs of muscle and went down a few points of BF. I understand that SD can have some diuretic effects in the first couple of weeks/cycle. I know someone that ran SD for 4 weeks and looks like he only put on water weight (although a lot). I am thinking that by controlling my diet I can put on muscle instead. But I have been told not to think so much!

Some people come leaner off any type of cycle, not just SD. It depends on the diet.

1buffsob

abokeef is offline Associate Member
    Some people come leaner off any type of cycle, not just SD. It depends on the diet.

1buffsob
    So, You mean if you are on AAS and you are doing a cutting cycle, would youkeep ur cals low. Lets say bodywieght X 15. and keep the protine intake high about 1.5X bodywight.

Umm, no. Where did you get these figures?

I base all my macros off of LBM, not bodyweight. 1.35g protein per lb of LBM is my standard. Fats and carbs depend upon time frame and goals. Also, I don't think aas would warrant a different approach to cutting.

1buffsob

crash187ct is offline Senior Member

1buffsob

i agree

crash187ct is offline Senior Member

1buffsob
    and genetics

Quote Originally Posted by crash187ct
    and genetics
    Yeah, but that doesn't count since I don't have them.

1buffsob

Venum is offline Member
    if someone wants to up their calories alot without adding too much fat to their diet, how do you do it? You only need so much protein per day, so what is left just eat alot of carbs to up calories?

Venum's got it. I'm all for pushing the protein 'envelope' when bulking. But if your carbs aren't adequate enough to provide continious energy, your body turns on protein for a fuel source, and that's just a waste of protein. Gotta have those carbs.

1buffsob

All I was saying is that based on what he is eating in his diet, along with the timing, he will not put on fat. Granted, if he goes 1000 cals above maintenance it could be an issue, but he could go 300-500 above maintenace and have EXTREMELY MINIMAL fat gain at most. He's got a solid diet, solid approach, my advice was to use the SD with the same approach, just more calories of the already listed foods.

edgarr is offline Member
    so where should I add cals. Should I add more carbs, I could double the oatmeal in the meal 1, or add some in my pre work out, or find a protein that has some carbs or.....?????? I don't think that adding 1000 more cals would help. Knowing my body I would put on unwanted weight. thanks.

Edgar

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    add more oatmeal to meal 1...and if you can add another pro/complex carb meal after your post wokout shake...like tuna or chicken, and some brown rice????that would bump up carbs to a better level....and be sure to get those carbs on SD, it depletes carbs pretty well from what i hear, so the more, the better....but what bob says is truem the more protein...the better....good luck bro

Here's what I'd do... in caps. And feel free to look at my SD log in the supplement forum...good shit there.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarr

6:00
    5 egg whites
    20gm oatmeal
    15gm whey protein
    Cal 201.88 Protein 32 Carbs 19.5 Fat 1.5
    MAKE IT 10 EGG WHITES, LOSE THE WHEY, AND DOUBLE THE OATS

9:00
    1 can tuna
    10ml of Flaxseed oil
    GOOD

12:00
    8oz chicken breast
    15gm whey protein
    10ml Flaxseed oil
    Cal 356 Protein 58 Carbs 3 Fat 12
    NO NEED TO SUPPLEMENT WITH WHEY HERE, JUST GET A BREAST AND A HALF... FOOD IS MORE OPTIMAL IF YOU CAN GET IT...WHICH YOU CAN

3:00
    1 can tuna
    10ml of Flaxseed oil
    GOOD....MAN YOU'RE GONNA GET SICK OF FLAX THOUGH

6:00 Pre-Work out
    28gm whey protein
    5ml flaxseed oil
    Cal 143.2 Protein 23 Carbs 2 Fat 4.6
    I ALWAYS LIKE A SMALL PRO/CARB MEAL BEFORE WEIGHTS, B/C I HATE FEELING FULL WHILE WORKING OUT (FROM THE FAT); WHEY WITH GROUND OATS WORKS WELL

6:45-7:45 WorkOut

8:00
    45gm whey protein
    80g dextrose
    1 banana
    Cal 555 Protein 36 Carbs 110 Fat 0
    GOOD

9:30
    170gm of cottage cheese
    5ml Flaxseed oil
    Cal 163 Protein 19.5 Carbs 6 Fat 6.1
    I WOULD RECOMMEND A BETTER PROTEIN SOURCE FOR PPWO THAN COTTAGE CHEESE. SHOULD BE CHICKEN, EGG WHITES OR TUNA HERE
    Total
    Cal 2191 Protein 298.5 Carbs 140.5 Fat 47.8
    Remember, just because your goal is to gain a little mass while maintaining a "hard" look doesn't mean that you should restrict your carbs while on SD. Do some research as many on this board will say carbs should be elevated while running SD. I think you could get away with substituting your meals 2 and 4 with PRO/CARB instead of PRO/FAT, but that's just from my experience with SD.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rissinite
    Here's what I'd do... in caps. And feel free to look at my SD log in the supplement forum...good shit there.

Remember, just because your goal is to gain a little mass while maintaining a "hard" look doesn't mean that you should restrict your carbs while on SD. Do some research as many on this board will say carbs should be elevated while running SD. I think you could get away with substituting your meals 2 and 4 with PRO/CARB instead of PRO/FAT, but that's just from my experience with SD.

ditto...from what i hear, carbs are best with SD

Thread Information