Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CENADICT is offline Associate Member

Some help on egg whites please

Hey guys i take my eggs scrambled in the morning. I used to take 6 whites and 2 yolks and tasted very good.

Now I dropped the yolks and the texture and taste is so awful. Its like they are soggy ... i dont know just taste horrible. Am i doin sometin wrong? I cant stand hard boiled eggs and I wouldnt want to replace this meal with whey protein.

Any help please?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Why did you drop the yokes, two yokes isnt going to kill you. Thats exactly what I have for breakfast as well !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Why did you drop the yokes, two yokes isnt going to kill you. Thats exactly what I have for breakfast as well !!!
    i'm not mixing any carbs with fat bro..coz i was gaining a bit of fat while bulking..i will see how it goes like this.

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    If you whip the yolks until very frothy but not peaks. Have your pan very hot (spray pam) pour in eggs, I add 1 slice ff amer cheese. I fold over when the underside is lightly brown. Put in microwave for a 10-15 seconds. It fluffs up nicely. This makes a great texture egg white omlette.
    After my eggs are done I take the hot pan, add pam, put in several diced onions. Cook until translucent season with salt and pepper.
    (I do this because I don't season my eggs and by doing the onions, you use so much less salt )

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by LAW
    If you whip the yolks until very frothy but not peaks. Have your pan very hot (spray pam) pour in eggs, I add 1 slice ff amer cheese. I fold over when the underside is lightly brown. Put in microwave for a 10-15 seconds. It fluffs up nicely. This makes a great texture egg white omlette.
    After my eggs are done I take the hot pan, add pam, put in several diced onions. Cook until translucent season with salt and pepper.
    (I do this because I don't season my eggs and by doing the onions, you use so much less salt )
    Marry me !!!

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    a quote from johan
    Q. Whole eggs vs whites
    A. Whole eggs are a wonderfull protein/fat meal. Its packed with good fats, good protein, lots of vitamins. Whites are only protein and not quite as good as the protein from whole eggs. Don’t avoid whole eggs, but only include them in protein/fat meals. YOLKS DO NOT INCREASE CHOLESTEROL!!

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...84#post2712884

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Marry me !!!
    stand in line boyo, i was here first

Quote Originally Posted by LAW

hey thanks..thing is i wake up around 7.45 and must leave home around 8.00 and that takes like 30mins to prepare so....

Katelette81 is offline Female Member
    Just add hot sauce... it fixes everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Katelette81
    Just add hot sauce... it fixes everything...
    any particular brand Kat?

Quote Originally Posted by CENADICT
    any particular brand Kat?

Texas Petes hot sauce or some salsa baby, makes them taste so much better. And the sodium in the hot sauce or salsa is minimal, if anything it will help you out by trapping nutrients within your muscles and keep you from going flat during a restricted calorie phase.

Ps - I also take in oatmeal in the morning so i try to avoid the yolks

I go Frank's all the way. However, even better than that is traditional Portugese hot Pepper Sauce. OMG. It's a bit thicker, but it'll put hair on your chest for sure, and it's full of flavour, not just burning sensations.. haha. So if there's a portugese area in your area I would do that...

But Frank's does it for me... I put it on everything. Tuna, eggs, meat, salads, veggies... damn that's tasty.. definitely helps with eggs. Enjoy!

TinTin78 is offline Member
    just do like I do, take 6 eggwhites in a glass, pinch the nose and just swallow the shit and gurgle with some water after. That's fast, only taste little salty and you don't have to clean a pan after.

Quote Originally Posted by TinTin78
    just do like I do, take 6 eggwhites in a glass, pinch the nose and just swallow the shit and gurgle with some water after. That's fast, only taste little salty and you don't have to clean a pan after.

the only thing that concerns me is salmonella. otherwise thats what i'll
    be doin.

Aha, never thought of that, but we have very strict controls in Sweden, probably the toughest in the world, everything is ultra clean here.

I got tired of doing scramble eggs and it takes forever to eat it with oats, so that's why I rather suffer for 3 seconds and get it over with.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    You're wasting eggs. Only pasteurized egg whites can be consumed raw. Regular eggs are not absorbed raw.

1buffsob

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    You're wasting eggs. Only pasteurized egg whites can be consumed raw. Regular eggs are not absorbed raw.

1buffsob

you talking about cracking an egg and drinking it down ?

Are you sure of that?

I conquer with Buff, only pasteurized.

Besides, if you drink your egg whites are you not losing out on some of the protein you'd be getting if you cooked them?

I am talking about cracking 6 eggs in a glass with only the whites and then drink it yes. I know some other guys that done this and they are pretty big so if the protein is wasted I don't know how they grow if they do that 2 times a day. The only difference is that one guy I know of is using 1 teaspoon of icing sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by TinTin78
    I am talking about cracking 6 eggs in a glass with only the whites and then drink it yes. I know some other guys that done this and they are pretty big so if the protein is wasted I don't know how they grow if they do that 2 times a day. The only difference is that one guy I know of is using 1 teaspoon of icing sugar.
    12 egg whites only come out to be like 35g protein a day. And yeah, I'm sure. Research studies confirm it.

1buffsob

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    12 egg whites only come out to be like 35g protein a day. And yeah, I'm sure. Research studies confirm it.

1buffsob

depens on size of egg, but yes roughly around the 35-40 range for 12 i have 12 every morning...mmm

yeah if u dont cook the egg whites they are not very bioavailable due to avidin content, cooking i think breaks this down and makes the protein more bioavailable

ok, have to go back to scramble again, damn boring, I thought that was so good to just drink like that. Well, I learn something new everyday here, thank's for the correction.

Here's another tip for those cooked egg whites.. when you're heating upthe pan, quickly chop (or rip apart) some fresh dill and let it cook in the pan for a minute or so before putting your egg whites in... man that's good shvt! Then pile on teh Frank's and it's gourmet!

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    myself i go with Egg Beaters...when i need a break i do the hard boiled

see nut. facts:

cal/p/c/f

Egg Beaters 30 / 6 / 0 / 1 - serv:1/4 cup=1 egg
    Egg White Boiled 17 / 4 / 0 / 0 - serv: 1 egg white
    Egg Whole Boiled 78 / 6 / 1 / 5 - serv: 1 egg

hot sauce and or a slice of Boars Head sliced turkey (low salt) or Oven Roasted Chix does wonders...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by scerpico22
    myself i go with Egg Beaters...when i need a break i do the hard boiled

see nut. facts:

cal/p/c/f

Egg Beaters 30 / 6 / 0 / 1 - serv:1/4 cup=1 egg
    Egg White Boiled 17 / 4 / 0 / 0 - serv: 1 egg white
    Egg Whole Boiled 78 / 6 / 1 / 5 - serv: 1 egg

hot sauce and or a slice of Boars Head sliced turkey (low salt) or Oven Roasted Chix does wonders...
    too expensive for me, but they work well...

Quote Originally Posted by Katelette81
    Here's another tip for those cooked egg whites.. when you're heating upthe pan, quickly chop (or rip apart) some fresh dill and let it cook in the pan for a minute or so before putting your egg whites in... man that's good shvt! Then pile on teh Frank's and it's gourmet!
    dill is awesome with eggs...GREAT flavor...add to chicken also.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    fat free cheese works well too Cenadict...

peterj is offline Junior Member
    After ingestion of the cooked egg protein meal, a substantial quantity of nitrogen was recovered in the ileal effluent over 24 h. The calculated yield of endogenous nitrogen (i.e., 0.40 g N) was close to the yield of 0.55 g N obtained by other researchers after ingestion of 17 g of pea protein (Gausserès et al. 1994). The calculated true ileal digestibility of cooked egg protein amounted to 91%. This finding demonstrates that even cooked egg protein, which has generally been considered to be easily digestible, is malabsorbed to some extent after ingestion of a physiologic load. Incomplete assimilation of dietary protein may have important consequences not only from a nutritional point of view, but also from a gastrointestinal point of view. Indeed, some metabolites resulting from bacterial fermentation of malabsorbed proteins in the colon have been implicated in the ethiopathogenesis of diseases such as colonic cancer and ulcerative colitis (Macfarlane and Cummings 1991, Pitcher and Cummings 1994, Visek 1978). It has already been reported extensively that food processing can influence protein digestibility both beneficially and detrimentally (Öste 1991). Egg white protein is generally considered to be less digestible than heat-pretreated egg white protein. However, no data are available concerning the magnitude of this impairment in vivo. In this study, it was shown that after ingestion of 25 g of raw egg protein, almost 50% is malabsorbed over 24 h. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds. It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white (Matthews 1990). Ovomucoid is quantitatively the most important trypsin inhibitor (Gilbert 1971, Kassell 1970). Ovomucoid, however, does not react with human trypsin and, moreover, is relatively heat stable (Kasell 1970). Whether other egg trypsin inhibitors (e.g., ovoinhibitor or papain inhibitor) interfere with the digestibility of unprocessed egg white protein is unknown.

Interestingly, the yield of endogenous nitrogen after ingestion of the raw protein meal (i.e., 0.2 g N) was significantly lower compared with the cooked protein meal. This finding is in accordance with a recent study in which it was demonstrated that undigested protein, in contrast to digested protein, only weakly stimulates gallbladder emptying and pancreatic enzyme secretions (Thimister et al. 1996).

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

Quote Originally Posted by peterj
    After ingestion of the cooked egg protein meal, a substantial quantity of nitrogen was recovered in the ileal effluent over 24 h. The calculated yield of endogenous nitrogen (i.e., 0.40 g N) was close to the yield of 0.55 g N obtained by other researchers after ingestion of 17 g of pea protein (Gausserès et al. 1994). The calculated true ileal digestibility of cooked egg protein amounted to 91%. This finding demonstrates that even cooked egg protein, which has generally been considered to be easily digestible, is malabsorbed to some extent after ingestion of a physiologic load. Incomplete assimilation of dietary protein may have important consequences not only from a nutritional point of view, but also from a gastrointestinal point of view. Indeed, some metabolites resulting from bacterial fermentation of malabsorbed proteins in the colon have been implicated in the ethiopathogenesis of diseases such as colonic cancer and ulcerative colitis (Macfarlane and Cummings 1991, Pitcher and Cummings 1994, Visek 1978). It has already been reported extensively that food processing can influence protein digestibility both beneficially and detrimentally (Öste 1991). Egg white protein is generally considered to be less digestible than heat-pretreated egg white protein. However, no data are available concerning the magnitude of this impairment in vivo. In this study, it was shown that after ingestion of 25 g of raw egg protein, almost 50% is malabsorbed over 24 h. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds. It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white (Matthews 1990). Ovomucoid is quantitatively the most important trypsin inhibitor (Gilbert 1971, Kassell 1970). Ovomucoid, however, does not react with human trypsin and, moreover, is relatively heat stable (Kasell 1970). Whether other egg trypsin inhibitors (e.g., ovoinhibitor or papain inhibitor) interfere with the digestibility of unprocessed egg white protein is unknown.

Interestingly, the yield of endogenous nitrogen after ingestion of the raw protein meal (i.e., 0.2 g N) was significantly lower compared with the cooked protein meal. This finding is in accordance with a recent study in which it was demonstrated that undigested protein, in contrast to digested protein, only weakly stimulates gallbladder emptying and pancreatic enzyme secretions (Thimister et al. 1996).

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716
    Very nice. I've seen this article before. But what does it have to do with making egg whites taste better? Or did you just feel like impressing everyone with your ability to copy and paste a bunch of really big words?

1buffsob

wolfstriked is offline Associate Member
    More about avidin and raw egg whites.If you only consume egg whites you risk becoming biotin deficient.A raw whole egg on the other hand will not cause that since the yolk is loaded with biotin.

Then again if you eat other foods with biotin and considering how we eat 6 meals a day of quality food I think you could probably get away with it.

As for spiking up egg whites I use a turkish condiment called bruschetta.Its different than the Italian bruschetta which is toasted bread spread with olive oil,capers etc...

This one is just red peppers,egg plant and some spices with a small amount of oil added and its all mashed up into a paste.1 tbsp has 1gm fat and 2 gms carbs and taste amazing.I add it to every cup of rice I eat.

Very nice. I've seen this article before. But what does it have to do with making egg whites taste better? Or did you just feel like impressing everyone with your ability to copy and paste a bunch of really big words?

1buffsob

Thread Information