copenhagen is offline Member

Thumbs up citric acid cycle

basically i learned that in order for individuals to properly loose fat they must have an abundance of pyruvate, but pyruvate needs glucose to be present.

two questions

1. not to contradict my statement, but would supplementing pyruvate help with this process?

2. what would the minimal amount of glucose be to keep pyruvate in abundance in the citric acid cycle?

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    For one I know that Pyruvate was a hyped supplement about 10 years ago. However it never really panned out in the real world.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I think the main flaw is that the supplemented pyruvate never reach the mitochondria. So it is useless more or less.

It was a long time since I read about the citric acid cycle. But I seem to remember that Acetyl CoA is a bigger bottleneck than pyruvate and increasing levels of Acetyl CoA would maby have a effect. Atleast if carb depleted. Pantothenic acid might have a impact because it increase Acetyl CoA. But it will probably only be helpfull if you are in ketosis or close to it.

(giantz you will remember me talkin about this one )

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=8583972

Thread Information