flyguy7 is offline Associate Member

GI of certain foods

hey y'all, i've gone through several diets with good results generally, and cereal has always been apart of the plan, usually for bfast. Obviously I did alot of this dieting without enough research, because I was reading the latest Musclemag and an article on dieting was listing some foods as they fit into the glycemic index. I was surprised to see a couple cereals i used to consider as pretty legit for dieting listed in the high (70 and above) section of the GI---- cheerios and corn flakes. This diet I've been eating special K fairly regularly to start the day, and oats for the rest of my carbs. Should I cut out the special k altogether, are there any cereals i can eat? it also listed skim milk as a low GI carb, whereas i thought milk had a lot of processed sugars?

Angelus is offline Associate Member
    i usually just use oats and sweet potatoes for my carbs

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member
    yeah i guess the special k is def out. I'm still confused about the skim milk thing though, bump for that. Why is skim milk a low gi food?

first problem is reading Mainstreamag.

the gi theyre talking about is eating that food all by itself...like speciak k's gi would change as soon as u add milk and eat some toast with it. do some reading on the glycemic load of food and u can tell what will do what to your blood levels. imo

Thread Information