Thread: Wheat grass ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    stuball is offline Banned

Wheat grass ???

One of my boys in the gym, says that fresh wheat grass has so many good quilities, that i should take it at least one oz a day so i picked up a couple of boxes of frozen shot's of wheat grass, just looking for some other people's experiences... Thanks

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    well wheat sprouts are very rich in nutrients. I guess wheat grass should be aswell. It defenetly wont hurt. But its more of a health benifit. Nothing that will improve your muscle gains or fat loss.

carteblanche08865 is offline Junior Member
    Hey,
    Where do they sell them, did you get them at the local supermarket or a health food store. Been looking for them for a while, would be a big help. Thanks

DutchCowboy is offline Associate Member
    yeah and I bet anything that boy works at the local Juice Stop!
    Wheatgrass= taste like horse crap

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchCowboy
    Might tast light horse crap, but it does have tons of health benifits. Google it and you shall see. I Don't thnk it taste that bad by the way..

Quote Originally Posted by DutchCowboy
    First of all, that BOY is 43 y/o, Second, it dosent taste that bad unless your a pu$$y, and yes you can buy it in a health food store, and as much as i hate to say it, i picked it up at GNC, Six one oz shots frozen for over 10 bucks, but yeah google it, seems to have great health benifits..Im gonna see if i can buy it in bulk but being frozen thats gonna be pretty hard, but some places do sell it in slabs, so you can cut it and juice it yourself....

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    anti-oxidants and it cleanses your blood stream from what i read. sounds real good to take when your on cycle lol. i have a powdered bottle of it, you get used to the taste although fresh wheat grass is a lot better.

Question

Yea, heard that its very beneficial. Where can I get it??
    thanks

ok, yea, that does sound expensive. Thanks for the info

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    wheat grass IS good for you it is very high in nutrients BUT you have to be careful where you buy it and what kind it is. A lot of juice bar will buy "flats" of wheat grass and cut it to make the juice and then let that flat grow back and cut and juice an cut and juice. This is not a problem in nature because it is in REAL sunlight and it can grow and turn the sunlight into a healthy plant with lots of nutrients. when it grows indoors and without the real sun you get a inferior plant and they juice over and over and you don't get as much out of it.

Now if you are going to buy look for a place that sells Winter Wheat Grass. This is suppose to taste the best, been less allergenic than others and better for you.

I do know a thing or two about WG I managed a Health food store for a long while and we sold it and when we cut a flat we gave it back to the grower for him to grow outside for the best possible results.

~Old

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    wheat grass IS good for you it is very high in nutrients BUT you have to be careful where you buy it and what kind it is. A lot of juice bar will buy "flats" of wheat grass and cut it to make the juice and then let that flat grow back and cut and juice an cut and juice. This is not a problem in nature because it is in REAL sunlight and it can grow and turn the sunlight into a healthy plant with lots of nutrients. when it grows indoors and without the real sun you get a inferior plant and they juice over and over and you don't get as much out of it.

Now if you are going to buy look for a place that sells Winter Wheat Grass. This is suppose to taste the best, been less allergenic than others and better for you.

I do know a thing or two about WG I managed a Health food store for a long while and we sold it and when we cut a flat we gave it back to the grower for him to grow outside for the best possible results.

~Old
    Thanks, great info, but i would think you lose something buying it frozen ?????

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuball
    Thanks, great info, but i would think you lose something buying it frozen ?????

That is one thing I have not looked into to closely but if it is flash frozen you should be fine it actually should retain all its natural goodness this way. I know you can by on the Internet this way. I would think just like frozen veggies are the next best thing to fresh opposed to canned.

Even if you lost a little bit of nutrients you would still benefit from its use. The taste is not great but it is dense in vits/mins so can't hurt at all, unless you have strong grass allergies as I have heard of people having allergy attacks after drinking it.

~Old

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Another option I guess would be to grow wheat sprouts at home. Growin sprouts its fairly easy. For a while last spring I grew alot of alfalfa sprouts.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Another option I guess would be to grow wheat sprouts at home. Growin sprouts its fairly easy. For a while last spring I grew alot of alfalfa sprouts.
    All the nutrients come from the soil its grown in !!!!!!

Thread Information