KingMike is offline Associate Member

How detrimental are all-u-can eat buffets?

6' 180lbs, 13-15% BF. formerly 280lbs.

Iam an endo who eats 60 grams of carbs ONLY pwo and around 300 grams of protein a day. It comes to around 18-1900 calories. How bad would it be to have an all out cheat night at a buffet every 5-7 days? I used a 4-5000 calories cheat day every Sunday to lose 100 pounds but now that I have been around 180 or so for 2 years I am scaird to have cheat days. I guees it is from reading all the posts about how bad it is for you.

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    why have u been the same weight for 2 years

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    well no offense bro but if you are still 180 after 2 years you need to work on your diet in the first place, and concentrate on getting quality calories that will help you grow...not a buffet. But if its a cheat then go ahead, but i would not in your situation...research on the bulking sticky bro

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    and why the hell are you eating 18-1900 cals???.... even cutting, you should never drop cals that low...especially if you are trying to gain mass

Quote Originally Posted by mwolffey
    and why the hell are you eating 18-1900 cals???.... even cutting, you should never drop cals that low...especially if you are trying to gain mass
    i think he is trying to stay at 180? doesnt sound like he has a problem ganing weight

chest6 is offline Banned
    all out buffets? I'd say have fun getting back to the weight you were at previously. Lack of self control.

liftin4life is offline Associate Member
    Ah, the cheaters and the anti-cheaters are at it again. Just kidding. I'm not sure why you've been at the same weight for 2 years either. However, given that your goal is to lean out, you need to lay out an effective diet to stick to when you're NOT cheating. Do that for a few weeks, see some results, then plan out when you can cheat and by how much. You said every "5-7 days". I'd stick with every 7-10 days. As far as an all-you-can-eat buffet for a cheat meal...it's only one meal so if you go too high in calories, they'll just be expelled anyway. Also, no detectable fat will be stored from one meal. I see no harm here provided you take care of the more important factors first.

Just keep in mind the amount of sodium in processed foods and ESPECIALLY buffets (sauces/gravies/etc) is extremely high and may cause water retention for a couple days following the meal...causing you to look like you've gained fat.

As far as "self control", I'm surprised anyone even mentions this. This person is referring to a meal as "cheating" indicating that it would be straying from a plan that he is dedicated to. If he is dedicated to a plan, he obviously has self control. Also, he is making a conscious (and NOW educated) decision to stray from this controlled plan/diet. This is not a binge. Since it is planned and scheduled, I see no reflection on self control whatsoever.
    Last edited by liftin4life; 07-12-2006 at 10:26 PM.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    depends on how much you eat..

cheat days are made for getting over your weekly cravings IMO....An all-you-can-eat-buffet can be dangerous because temptation is staring you at the face... I would just go to a restaurant and order what I've been dying to eat....that way you dont go overboard and won't be tortured with the temptation to do so either...

BIG_T_MC06 is offline Associate Member
    That baseline calorie count looks like that of a small child!

Use the Benedict formula to calculate your estimated calorie needs per day and start increasing your calories, having them that low cannot be good for you.

All you can eat buffets are very tempting i admit, however greed will take over and you will inevitably over eat leading to: fat gain, distended gut, lethargy and inc. b/p and cholest. Bad idea and stay away IMO.

I see no need for cheat days, by cycling your carbs on different days you can stop your metabolic rate from dropping.

T

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane
    depends on how much you eat..
    Exactly, and WHAT you eat

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I do that maybe once every 2-3 months, I would def not do it once every 5-7 days. And I'm a hardgainer

miamistar is offline Junior Member
    Definitely not every 5-7 days maybe once ever 14-17

Thread Information