rd53 is offline Junior Member

needing help with my girls diet

SO my girl is 28, 5'6" about 135-140 lbs, nice thick girl! (just how I like 'em!!) she wants to tone up some and lose some body fat and she works out regularly, 4-5 times a week. I'm trying to convince her that if she let me tweak her diet she would have great results. she does weight watcher's and I think it's a joke personally, but it works for some people, she will hold all of her points til dinner so she can eat a regular meal, ie eating 1/4 cup oatmeal in morning and veggies only for lunch, then go to town for supper(been doing this for at least a year). I think she's taught her metabolism to be in constant starvation mode so when she does finally eat it just stores it as fat for throughout the day.
    Q#1.anyone else agree about the metabolism theory?

Q#2. anyone have any ideas on a different approach I could use to help convince her to let me help her? (she rebuttles me with "when I follow weight watcher's it works good",)

I finally got her to let me change her workout and she got down to 135lbs in a matter of 2.5weeks from 147, it took her 6months to go from 154 to 138 (her previous all time low). I just feel she bust's her ass off in the gym but doesn't see the results she should, also she puts weight one easy, like two weeks of half a$$ed workouts and crappy diet she'll put on 5-6 lbs and she's not a "big" girl nor has she ever been just carried a little extra weight on hips/breast/lil on tummy. I think it's all with that metabolism being stuck in a rut. comments and suggestions welcome and appreciated.

rd53 is offline Junior Member
    anyone?

mariana is offline Banned
    She should eat more balanced meals daily and not "gorge" in one meal because you can only use so much fuel at once. She is storing the excess, yes, and her metabolism is probably crawling for most of the day because of the lack of proper nutrition. It works for me anyhow.

Thread Information