endgreed is offline New Member

How many calories????

I've read so many different books and used online calculators and everything but I still can't figure how many calories I'm supossed to eat. One says multiply your weight by 7 and thats how many calories you should eat for your diet. More complex ones like the calculators ask for your height, weight and other info. Sometimes I get 1500, 1800, 2400, or 2800, etc. I'm confused.

Here are my sats and goals:
    Height: 6'4'' Weight: 212
    BMI: I think 26.5

- I've been running 2-3 miles EOD and power walking sometimes everyday and skateboard and do other light activities.

- I lift weights about 3-4 times a week.

Goal: I want to lose 2 pounds a week or more and then do a cycle of OT and Mega-zol. I actually want to weigh 200 without sacrificing muscles. The main reason is because I'm skinny everywhere except for this damn fat on my belly. I have like a 3 pack of fat. It sucks.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Google the harris benedict formula. How old are you?

I'm 25. I think I may have done that formula, but other ones give me different numbers. I think I'm just going to eat 2000 calories because I don't want to lose muscle. When I start my next AAS oral cycle, I'm going to eat around 2500 calories, but most from protein.

uh dude, your going to lose muscle with that little of cals/not gain any weight on AAS.

For 1 thing you need to figure out your maintenance cals then subract 500 cals from your main. to lose 1 lbs. per week etc. etc.
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...mr-formula.php
    Once you plug your #'s into the equation, click the 'daily calorie needs.'

As far as AAS, don't do it...your BF% is way to high and you don't even have a proper diet to obtain weight gain.

How is my fat% way too high. It's 26.2 based on this calculator that only takes my weight and height. I'm around 6'3.5'' tall and weigh 215. I know someone who is the same height but weighs 240 but has barely any fat and just thick muscles. The calculator doesn't take into consideration the weight of muscles.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    If your body fat is 26.2% that is VERY high. At your height and weight you should be at around 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by endgreed
    How is my fat% way too high. It's 26.2 based on this calculator that only takes my weight and height. I'm around 6'3.5'' tall and weigh 215. I know someone who is the same height but weighs 240 but has barely any fat and just thick muscles. The calculator doesn't take into consideration the weight of muscles.
    oh, don't go by the calculator...post a pic and I could make a pretty good guess.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Another good tool is fitday.com...sign up and you can enter your ingo and log your daily food intake..it calculates your BMR + activity level + Sports... I really liked it...helped me track my weight loss and took away a lot of guesswork...for example, I thought I was eating only 2200 cals when this site calculated it as 2700...thats because all the little calories here and there do add up!

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    i was eating 1000 more cals than you when i started cutting last year. Im 5'9". There is no way your going to keep or gain muscle on 2000-2500 cals. And that BF% sounds incorrect. Post a pic and post your diet too.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    i think its more trial and error and getting to know your body...just like training, something that works great for someone else might not work for you... you just got to find what works for ya

Thanks guys for responding. When I do the BMI calculator, it's 26.2 I think. Is that the body fat percentage? I'll see if I can find a pic. I'm actually pretty skinny everywhere except for the fact that you can't see any 6-pack on my belly.

I pressed the paperclip and added this picture of my arm. It's the only one I have witout my face. I'll get my sister (who's more computer savy) to take a pic and get it on here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many calories????-picture-006.jpg  

Thread Information