Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Looks pretty solid bro, just make sure you stick to it consistantly and prepare to GROW

Let us know how it goes after a month or so. You should deff see some weight gains, if you start putting on a bit of fat either bump up the cardio or simply lower the calorie intake a bit.

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks boss...how about on off days...say it was your diet...what would you change? And are your off days COMPLETEly off...no nothing? Cardio?

I have been on it for 5 weeks, weekends have been slacking in calories....I am doing 20minutes of very very low incline walk first in the am 5 days a week...Im up 12lbs....increase in strength, little chub, but I was sub 7% to start so as long as I can see two abs, I'm ok..esp. at 170lbs and 6'1.....

also 250mg test on week 6......thinking about going to 500mg for 10 weeks in 2 weeks....eq is at 300mg....keep it running

thoughts? Some water, some muscle, some fat...

250mg/wk is an extremely low dosage but you'll still see gains off of it, I'd just stick with 250mg for 10-12wks and then come off with PCT, recover... Learn how to make gains without anabolics and Train hard, then eventually run another cycle.. don't be like a lot of these guys and rely on it for gains, you'll continue to Yo-Yo in weight and get nowhere.
    Get your foundation first, Training/Diet/Rest and then AAS.
    My off days don't differ except my carb intake raises to prepar my body for the next days lift, AM cardio is what I've found best so far normally 3-4days/wk on non-training days. Keep in mind I only train 3times/wk and in a month or two might switch to 2days/wk training.

TR'05 is offline Member
    IB, i'm liking the bumping up he carbs on off days idea. By how much do you increase them by for the next lift? Also, in an off day prior to legs do you increase carbs even more so on account of legs being such a large muscle group??

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    IB, i'm liking the bumping up he carbs on off days idea. By how much do you increase them by for the next lift? Also, in an off day prior to legs do you increase carbs even more so on account of legs being such a large muscle group??

Thanks in advance.
    My high carb days as of now are around 500 carbs/day but then my protein is dropped significantly (150-175), then fats are dropped to around 40-50.
    So caloric intake for high carb days currently is around 3000-3200. I actually consume more calories on my medium carb days which I train on.
    Leg days are the same as any other IMO, I train with maximum intensity with each bodypart. Legs are no different than lets say Back or Chest/shoulders. I do a HIT style training, unlike many others who do "marathon training" lol and spend 2hrs in the gym. I am in and out, around 40mins to 1hr tops. Very low sets and high intensity and heavy weight. Shock the muscle and then get out and start recovering, seems to work much better so far.
    Hope this helped answer your questions.
    I don't train nor follow the norm, so ppl often look at me strange in the gym and/or constantly ask me about my training as I get there and leave before they are half-way through with their workouts lol.

are you taking in carbs all evening too on your off days?

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    I B D , agree with you 100% on the training method it takes me about 45-1hr max. Heavy Weights about 6 reps and rest timed 30 seconds. I have seen great results 3 inches to my chest in about 30 weeks.. ( i dont no if that is good but i'm impressed )

Columbus, No my last meal or two never have carbs.. If they do I go with more fiberous sources like spinach/greenbeans/broccli. Otherwise I utilize dairy before bed rather than taking in a shake.
    (ex. recently I've been doing this mixture, 3/4cup f/f Cott cheese, 1/2 cup egg whites, 1tbsn Flax, 2tbsn f/f s/f choc Jello pudding mix, 6-8ice cubes w/1cup water all blended together makes a great tasting prebedtime shake).
    Prot/Carbs/Fat - 35/5/12 = 250calories approx. All casien/egg protein.

Faiz - You look like you have good development, just make sure you continuously move up in weight or repititions each and every time you lift that same bodypart, if you seem to plateau quickly change the routine slightly to keep making gains Or in many cases just take a bit more rest between workouts will work wonders as well.

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Columbus, No my last meal or two never have carbs.. If they do I go with more fiberous sources like spinach/greenbeans/broccli. Otherwise I utilize dairy before bed rather than taking in a shake.
    (ex. recently I've been doing this mixture, 3/4cup f/f Cott cheese, 1/2 cup egg whites, 1tbsn Flax, 2tbsn f/f s/f choc Jello pudding mix, 6-8ice cubes w/1cup water all blended together makes a great tasting prebedtime shake).
    Prot/Carbs/Fat - 35/5/12 = 250calories approx. All casien/egg protein.

Faiz - You look like you have good development, just make sure you continuously move up in weight or repititions each and every time you lift that same bodypart, if you seem to plateau quickly change the routine slightly to keep making gains Or in many cases just take a bit more rest between workouts will work wonders as well.
    gotcha...so if I trained at 430pm and still got a bulk of carbs post, with bed around 9ish........would you nix the carbs after my 3rd meal? 4th pretrain is usually pro/fat, should I make this one my last carb meal, then have two more without?

TR'05 is offline Member
    Thanks IB. I think I'll take it for a whirl for the next few weeks to see how I'm liking it.

As for training, I wouldn't say I'm HIT or anything, but Im never hitting weights for more than 50 minutes.

I might shoot you a PM regarding your training split if that's alright, bro. I'm looking to change things up as summer has passed me by up here in Canada, which can only mean one thing- bulking.

IBF - I got a problem.....I am severly adicted to sf gum and sweetners.......splenda, stevia, etc........its wrecking my stomach, but I use em in everything.......ever heard of such a horrid thing? The bloating, trapped gas, etc is killing me....do u guys use em? Im talking like 10-15 pieces a day 20+ packets....it sux!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    IBF - I got a problem.....I am severly adicted to sf gum and sweetners.......splenda, stevia, etc........its wrecking my stomach, but I use em in everything.......ever heard of such a horrid thing? The bloating, trapped gas, etc is killing me....do u guys use em? Im talking like 10-15 pieces a day 20+ packets....it sux!
    ya, try the trident tropical twist...my favorite s/f gum!!
    I have splenda in oats, thats about it.

hmm.. sounds like a predicament lol..
    Buy a jawbreaker.. those things last for weeks

damn............it sucks man.

OK....so I am finally dialed in, diet and everything feels good...but when It comes to off day nutrition, I get confused. I know to restrict carb intake for my last two meals, but since my prew meal is pro/fat and 75% of my carbs come post workout.....I would be taking in 160g of carbs in my first 3 meals and none after (since I am not training)......is 160g too little? SHould I make my fourth meal another p/c meal? Much thanks!

6:30am - 1cup Oats + 1scp whey + 1tbsn flax + BCAA/Glutamine + 25 g of protein from liquid egg whites
    Prot(50) - Carbs(50) - Fat(10g)

9:00am – 6-8oz chicken breast + 1tb of pb +1cup oats.
    Prot(60) - Carbs(50) - Fat(15)

12:00p - 6oz Turkey or lean beef + 8ozSweetpotato (or 1 cup rice)+ Veggies
    Prot(60) - Carbs(75) - Fat(approx. 5g max)

3pmp – 6oz tuna steak or lean beef + 1tb of olive oil.
    Prot(60) - Carbs(minimal) - Fat(14)

4:45p (Train)
    BCAA's <5g>
    L-Glutamine + peptide <5g>
    CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester) <5g>

6:00p PWO - 2scp protein blend + ½ cups oats, 6-10 rice cakes
    Prot(50) - Carbs(75) - Fat(0)

7:15p PPWO - 6ozChicken or Turkey/1scp whey + 1 cup oats + 1cup Veg
    Prot(50) - Carbs(50) - Fat(0)

900p Shake – 6-8oz chicken/lean beef, 1tb of flax
    Prot(50) - Carbs(2) - Fat(15)

915 - BED

come on bro you know the routine...final macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    OK....so I am finally dialed in, diet and everything feels good...but when It comes to off day nutrition, I get confused. I know to restrict carb intake for my last two meals, but since my prew meal is pro/fat and 75% of my carbs come post workout.....I would be taking in 160g of carbs in my first 3 meals and none after (since I am not training)......is 160g too little? SHould I make my fourth meal another p/c meal? Much thanks!

6:30am - 1cup Oats + 1scp whey + 1tbsn flax + BCAA/Glutamine + 25 g of protein from liquid egg whites
    Prot(50) - Carbs(50) - Fat(10g)

9:00am – 6-8oz chicken breast + 1tb of pb +1cup oats.
    Prot(60) - Carbs(50) - Fat(15)

12:00p - 6oz Turkey or lean beef + 8ozSweetpotato (or 1 cup rice)+ Veggies
    Prot(60) - Carbs(75) - Fat(approx. 5g max)

3pmp – 6oz tuna steak or lean beef + 1tb of olive oil.
    Prot(60) - Carbs(minimal) - Fat(14)

4:45p (Train)
    BCAA's <5g>
    L-Glutamine + peptide <5g>
    CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester) <5g>

6:00p PWO - 2scp protein blend + ½ cups oats, 6-10 rice cakes
    Prot(50) - Carbs(75) - Fat(0)

7:15p PPWO - 6ozChicken or Turkey/1scp whey + 1 cup oats + 1cup Veg
    Prot(50) - Carbs(50) - Fat(0)

900p Shake – 6-8oz chicken/lean beef, 1tb of flax
    Prot(50) - Carbs(2) - Fat(15)

915 - BED
    this is my diet M-F with the exception of thursday (off day) where I only have carbs in my first 3 meals. The weekend hits and I get my first meal in, then a pf for my pre, a pw meal, a pp meal and a prebed meal, so I lack a couple.I was going smooth from 150lbs to 170 starting 8 weeks ago, now I am down 3lbs with no changes...thinking it was my body "unstarving: itself initially and now hopefully the wt I lost was water...sort of like post comp.....makes me a tad concerned.

So no final macros? lol

380p 350c 60f

I thought your diet was spot on *shrugs* at least thats what I read in another thread.

Do you want a critique or just posting the diet?

just wondering why I was gaining for the first 8 weeks at a nice pace and now reverting backwards....

Are you eating the same amount of calories each day? Do you rotate your macros? Do you eat the same meats each day etc.. Do you have a day that you jack your calories up?

These are questions I used to run through when I hit plateaus.

Good stuff. I eat this menu to the "t" M-Sunday with this exception. Thursday (my off day) I switch over to fiberous carbs only after my first three meals. So I am short about 100 carbs from starches but I increase the fats. Sat and Sunday I eat my first meal, then my second s a pro fat meal then I train....then I have my pw shake and carb meal then usually go out to dinner so it varies, then my prebed meal. So I am short another 100 or so carbs on these days. I also toss in a cheat or two on the weekends, so overall my calories are prob. about the same if not a tad higher on the weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information