Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tom_k_999 is offline Junior Member

Help with bulking diet!

Bulking Diet
    21 years old, 5 foot 7, 157 pounds. 11.87% bodyfat, Bulking diet

Meal 1 7:00am
    Calcium Enriched OJ, 6 boiled eggs, 1 cup oatmeal,

Meal 2 10:00am
    1 soy milk with 2 scoop whey protein, 1 cup broccoli cuts, 1/2 cup brown rice, Bannana

Meal 3 12:00pm
    1 Soy milk, Spaghetti Bolenese, Apple, 2 boiled eggs

Meal 4 3:00pm
    1 small can Tuna Salad, Orange,

Meal 5 6:00pm
    Sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup carrots, chicken breast

Meal 6 9:00pm
    1 soy milk with 1 scoop whey, Ice cream,

I am a begiunner at this so can anyone comment on this diet, and what I can do to improve. I am lactose intolereant, the onlydairy I can eat is icecream. I dont eat much meat because I throw up from most meats.

the more oatmeal the better.also need some vegs.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Drop the icecream fist of all, it is doing nothing for you to help in muscle growth or repairing tissue. Figure out how many macrosnutrients you're getting each day (protein/carbohydrates/fats) otherwise you'll just spin your wheels not knowing what you're taking in. Then worry about replacing some of your meals with better choices.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Just curious as to why you want to bulk up when are you currently @ 12% bodyfat?

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    12% is FINE to bulk, why would you question that???

That's on the fat side IMO.. no reason you should go over 10% if your diet is in check.. at 12%, 14, 16, 18% is just around the corner.. you can gain just as much LBM sitting under 10% than you can at 12% so why be fat in the offseason?

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    That's on the fat side IMO.. no reason you should go over 10% if your diet is in check.. at 12%, 14, 16, 18% is just around the corner.. you can gain just as much LBM sitting under 10% than you can at 12% so why be fat in the offseason?
    LOL hardly the FAT side for anyone aside from a competitve bodybuilder bro....come on.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    exactly.

I know many healthy males who don't compete who stay under 10%.. Personally with regular excercise and a precise diet it's hard to get over 10% depending on metabolism etc..

What I consider fat is obviously different than what you do. Over 10% is a sloppy look IMO, around 8-10% is a great look whether offseason or just staying in shape, not to mention easy to maintain.

I must have done the body fat% calculator wrong. I am lean, I am just muscle and bone. I do cardio 5 days a week when Im not bulking.

A question about diet, Is your diet on a cycle different to when you are off?
    If so How much different? If you eat like that all the time dosent seem healthy all the cholestrol.

The only time my diet changes is whether I'm bulking or cutting.. whether I'm on cycle makes no difference, people think because they're on cycle they should take in an excessive amount of nutrients which just isn't true and they most likely become fat, if you have your diet down all year around the cycles really just act as a supplement IMO.

How do I find out how much macrosnutrients?, Look on the labels of what Im eating, or is their a website that can add it up for me. cheers

www.calorieking.com is the best I've found so far..

Thread Information