wolfstrike is offline Junior Member

Please crit my cutter

I am about 180 pounds at 5ft9.I would guesstimate 24 percent BF.I wanna add that I was doing BFL type eating at say 300kcal per meal and while my BF was lowering my actual weight was plummeting.My strength was diminishing also.I lost like 5 pounds in one week but losing muscle is not what I want.So here i have added a 1/2 scoop of protein powder to most of my meals and also bracket my workout pre/post with a scoop each.

I have also changed the diet more in step with the sticky diet up top.What do you think????

Pre-Workout--5:30am-1 scoop protein,16 oz Gatorade
    Post-Workout-6:30am-1 scoop protein,16 oz Gatorade
    Kcal-620 P-46 C-60 F-3
    --------

Meal's----2 and 3----8:00am and 11:00am
    1 turkey breast,1/2 scoop protein,7oz potatoes
    Kcal-320 P-40 C-30 F-2
    --------

Meal's 4 and 5 -----2pm,5pm
    1 turkey breast,1/2 scoop protein
    Kcal-165 P-37 C-1 F-1
    --------

Meal 6----9pm
    1 cup cottage cheese,1 box frozen string beans,15 Udo's oil blend capsules
    Kcal-420 P-25 C-21 F-20

I also wanna add that when I dont workout for awhile and come back my strength goes thru the roof first 3 months and then I just keep getting weaker.

An example is dumbell presses that in 3 months I went from 45 for 6 reps to 95 for 6 reps.I now do 60 for 6 reps and I cant even get the 95 pounds up

Anyone have any idea what is happening??

One theory I have is that being so out of shape and so insulin resistant that my body produces massive quantitys of insulin for the 6 BFL meals.This high insulin benefiting me in building muscle.

Than as I get healthier(?) and eating same diet my body stops secreting so much insulin and hence my strength starts to plummet.I am lost and wonder maybe overtraining yet when I take off for awhile I just never get that initial strength as when I havent lifted for say over 6 months.

Triple X is offline Banned
    You have way to many carbs in your diet. Every meal is pro/carb. You need to alternate some pro/fat meals in there

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Just to clarify, your eating 1733 calories a day, correct? The macro breakdown is 51% protein/35% carbs/15% fats. Is that what you were aiming for? I'm not totally sure about cutting, but I think a good ratio is 50/20/30 respectively (somebody else chime in if I'm wrong). The protein ratio is spot on, but you would want to change your daily intake of your carb and fat ratio. Two questions: Why two 16oz gatorades in the morning? Why the 4 hour gap from meal 5 to 6? With that much gatorade your taking in about 46 grams of all simple sugars and that's no good, even if your bulking. Not sure about the 4 hour gap between meal 5 and 6, but considering your cutting you should split up that second to last meal. So now you should be eating the same calories, but half at 5pm and the other half 7pm. Than have your last meal at 9pm. Remember, the more small meals you have the better. Oh yeah, you do wanna incorporate some more efa's into your diet as well. Don't worry so much about having only protein/fat or protein/carbs, there's a good thread that was posted recently that debunks the theory that fats and carbs shouldn't be eatin at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple X
    You have way to many carbs in your diet. Every meal is pro/carb. You need to alternate some pro/fat meals in there

Pre and post-workout and meals 2 and 3 are pro/carb....the rest is pro/fat.I dont know what happened to the cottage cheese meal as I thought CS was low carb.It has 12gms carbs in itself.I dont know if I will keep using it since the box of brocolli has 9 gms carbs itself.Do you think I should just eat the cottage alone or is this still to high in carbs?

Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Blome
    Just to clarify, your eating 1733 calories a day, correct?

correct

The macro breakdown is 51% protein/35% carbs/15% fats. Is that what you were aiming for? I'm not totally sure about cutting, but I think a good ratio is 50/20/30 respectively (somebody else chime in if I'm wrong).

Ill change if its wrong

The protein ratio is spot on, but you would want to change your daily intake of your carb and fat ratio. Two questions: Why two 16oz gatorades in the morning?

I found that my blood sugar is so low in morning that my workouts were terrible.One day I got a 16oz gatorade,downed it right before I walked into gym and had a great workout.The one after is to restart the rebuild stage instead of the 80gms dex I was using before.The dex always made me gain fat.

Why the 4 hour gap from meal 5 to 6? With that much gatorade your taking in about 46 grams of all simple sugars and that's no good, even if your bulking. Not sure about the 4 hour gap between meal 5 and 6, but considering your cutting you should split up that second to last meal. So now you should be eating the same calories, but half at 5pm and the other half 7pm. Than have your last meal at 9pm. Remember, the more small meals you have the better.

Ill try that out.I wasnt sure if I should just eat my last meal at 8pm giving me 9 1/2 hrs before next meal

Oh yeah, you do wanna incorporate some more efa's into your diet as well. Don't worry so much about having only protein/fat or protein/carbs, there's a good thread that was posted recently that debunks the theory that fats and carbs shouldn't be eatin at the same time.

Yes I also got in my best shape using isocaloric diet.The thing is that 30/30/30 ratio was not giving me much food at such low calorie cause I was adding fat instead
    I have a very slow metabolism and got in my best shape ever at 1200kcal per day.My job I have now has me walking for 8 hrs so I feel the extra calories is justified.Then again another 15gms of udo's oil is just 150calories more.Ill see how I look come friday.
    Last edited by wolfstrike; 11-19-2006 at 09:54 PM.

Thread Information