Mid-Night Protein Shake?

I have been thinking about waking up mid-night to drink a protein shake. I have a man-fridge right next to my bed, so it would be convienent. Currently on a cycle of SD, so it may be worth it to have a constant flow of protein. Any input on this? It would probably be skim milk and 40g whey.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    whey and milk would cuz a spike in slin levels imo...what about casien protien or egg whites pasturized?

So maybe cassein and water or whey and water would be better? I just can't think of a downside to having a constant flow of protein. If mixed with water, is there any possibility this would increase fat retention?

precher33 is offline New Member
    personally i would eat like a high protien meal 30 min b4 bed then protien shake in the morning i would rather not be disturbed during my sleep its when your body is recovering thats just what works for me though

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EcToMoRpHiAn
    So maybe cassein and water or whey and water would be better? I just can't think of a downside to having a constant flow of protein. If mixed with water, is there any possibility this would increase fat retention?

Yea go with cassien, i was just stating whey and milk will cuz slin spikes and possibly lead to bf accumulation. so go with water and cassien

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    A Muscle Milk shake before bed could be an option.. plus it's deeelicious!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Bo Dre
    A Muscle Milk shake before bed could be an option.. plus it's deeelicious!
    Too much fat and carbs for me before bed. But yes they are very delicious, probably my favorite protein.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well...I get up at 1am and drink a protein/flax/water shake...been doing since I started getting up in size and competing....

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Well...I get up at 1am and drink a protein/flax/water shake...been doing since I started getting up in size and competing....
    I do the same thing. My shake consists of faster and slower digesting proteins. I have some soy isolate, micellar casein, casseinates and egg. Mix with water, flax and BCAA's and you're set.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    I do the same thing. My shake consists of faster and slower digesting proteins. I have some soy isolate, micellar casein, casseinates and egg. Mix with water, flax and BCAA's and you're set.
    Yep....I'm cheap and can't afford to much so I just use what I got..casien, whey, flax, and water...LOL

chest6 is offline Banned
    When I do it, I'll have 45g casein in water along with one or two Tbspoons of natty pb

Thread Information