jane smith is offline Female Member

my diet, it sucks! need help so much.

hey you gurus, i'm going to post to maybe get some help on my diet, it so awful. i need expert advice and all of you seem so helpful and knowledgeable i would appreciate so much any info. just want to pick some people's brains a little bit...

ok so things you should know about me.

height:5'4
    weight:125

i have no problem exercising. in fact i think i do it too much. i'm pretty strong but my cardio sucks! i also started on a cycle of liquid anavar yesterday. i'm taking 2.5 mg in the morn and 2.5 mg at night.

i train in martial arts every evening for 1.5 to 2 hours. it is really tough training and a mixture of different types. i also lift weights in the a.m. i lift at 5 a.m. so my body has time to recover for training in the evening. i usually lift one day and then go train and then the next i rest and then train. soemtimes i take saturdays completly off.

i actually love to eat healthy i just am so busy with school during the day that i lose focus.
    heere's the funny part...i feel liek i work out alot. and i still have this tiny layer of chub on me! i dont understand it. i mean i dont run (i should) but you would think i get enough exercise.

ok here's my diet today:

breakfast:10 almonds. have a cup OJ
    snack:half evvergy drink and coffe with sugar.
    lunch: queso dip, tortilla strips, and a little bit of mexican chimicahngas enchaladas and rice and beans. (i know, terrible)
    dinner: one egg fried in olive oil no salt.

there you have it. also i drink water and teas throughout the day. i am goign to post pictures soon.

so thanks anyone who took the time to read this, and help me.

sorry about the condition of my tyoing, i hate to do it and i fly through my post. also, i forgot to say, i'm 24.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    well i'm asuming you're female from this post lol, i'd register as a female member and that'd def be beneficial for you. the problem is that your metabolism is probably shot from basically eating nothing. i mean 10 almonds for breakfast? your diet definitely needs work, i don't know much about diets for females, but there are a bunch of people on here who do, and a whole female section of the forum if that is more appealing. good luck with whatever you choose

well last tiem i checked we at ethe same things as you guys... just pickin on you

um, i dont know how to register as female i can't find the option. i must have missed it when i joined.

and the almond thing was just because i was late. not in any effort to eat a small amount. it just happened like that..

Quote Originally Posted by jane smith
    well last tiem i checked we at ethe same things as you guys... just pickin on you

um, i dont know how to register as female i can't find the option. i must have missed it when i joined.
    lol i realize. i just don't know proportions/macros etc for your daily needs. and imo the anavar needs to wait until your diet is in check. var isn't a miracle worker, i think you could obtain the results without it with a solid diet/cardio plan.

and about the female registering, go here

http://forums.steroid.com/new-female-members/

welcome to AR jane

thanks for your concern, that means alot to me. when you say its not a miricle worker, do you mean to say you dont see the effects of it much? that's discouraging.

i am goign to check my diet, that's part of wanting to go on here. i saw other people doing diet journals and i thought it might help. and if i got lucky someone would care enough to respond (thank you!)

i have made my descision to start the anavar and i'm going to finish it out. i'm just so damn curious as to what the effects will be like.

what i'm saying is steroids should be your last result. yes, the var is going to work, but why use it if you don't have to? you don't even have your diet in check, no flame whatsoever. you started the var yesterday-i'd cut it off and save it, one day isn't going to be substantial. get a solid diet going first. it sounds like you're cardio is great. start doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. i promise you'll start seeing results once your food in take is good.

as far as being busy with school during the day i hear ya on that. aint it a pain the ass? precook your meals at night and bring them with you. this is a MUCH better option than not eting or just grabbing a bite somewhere

yup you right.

im actually applying for a job that i want really bad that has a very difficult physical/strength, agility test. its very important to me. ergo, the juice. i feel liek any little bit of help will work, you know. maybe if i keep posting my results everyday in this thread you can check in on me every now and then and steer me in the right direction?

oh no flame taken haha. i've seen people flame (losers) its bad.

whoa, did i just flame on flamers?

i'd love to check the thread and see how you're doing. gotta get you a solid diet first. i'll be interested to see the real diet gurus come in here and help you, I**mfker is ridiculous when it comes to diet knowledge. gonna have to wait til the morning though, board kinda dies at night lol

something tells me i will get scolded for the 'var and the diet. but that's ok, i respect people opinions. on that note all this diet talk has made me hungry, i'm gonna go eat and go to sleep

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    i have no problem exercising. in fact i think i do it too much. i'm pretty strong but my cardio sucks! You need to keep your THR (target heart rate) at a reasonable mark, do not go over 130-140beats per minute while doing cardio otherwise you will not lose much fat.
    i also started on a cycle of liquid anavar yesterday. i'm taking 2.5 mg in the morn and 2.5 mg at night. I'd discontinue this ASAP.. you have little to no knowledge on correct dieting and I doubt your training is any better so drugs should be your last concern after you get these two things in order. Save it for later, also do you have any idea of the side effects anabolics can cause on the female endocrine system?

i train in martial arts every evening for 1.5 to 2 hours. it is really tough training and a mixture of different types. i also lift weights in the a.m. i lift at 5 a.m. so my body has time to recover for training in the evening. i usually lift one day and then go train and then the next i rest and then train. soemtimes i take saturdays completly off.
    You're probably overtraining, I'm not sure how intense your training is so it's hard to say.

i actually love to eat healthy i just am so busy with school during the day that i lose focus. Well nows the time to stop making excuses and make the time and stay focused.
    heere's the funny part...i feel liek i work out alot. and i still have this tiny layer of chub on me! i dont understand it. i mean i dont run (i should) but you would think i get enough exercise. Actually running is not beneficial to fatloss. The chub is from your lack of nutritious foods which hopefully we can help fix.
    ok here's my diet today:

breakfast:10 almonds. have a cup OJ
    snack:half evvergy drink and coffe with sugar.
    lunch: queso dip, tortilla strips, and a little bit of mexican chimicahngas enchaladas and rice and beans. (i know, terrible)
    dinner: one egg fried in olive oil no salt.
    What the hell is this? Seriously you expect to be in good shape and fit looking eating like the average american? I'm not sure how to critique, I don't like one thing about it. Spend your time researching healthy foods and put together a proposed diet that someone healthy would actually eat, pick foods that you enjoy but are good choices and try to make 5 balanced meals.

there you have it. also i drink water and teas throughout the day. i am goign to post pictures soon.

so thanks anyone who took the time to read this, and help me.
    I'm not trying to be harsh but I just don't get how ppl think they can be in good shape when they literally eat crap. Focus all your attention on your diet until you get something good on paper, then we'll focus on training and lastly drugs. (which aren't even needed if you just got the first two in order).
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

i would die, if i went on that diet. 1 egg for dinner. christ on a bike.
    how long have you been eating like that.
    how long have you been lifting / training etc.
    you should figure out your macros for each meal and then check out what you should be looking to eat.
    what are your goals, slim or muscle mass.
    check out the diets of other members, see what they eat, when and why.

acciaio is offline Associate Member

no good

Sorry if i have to say, but you need a little more reading, anyway i want to help a little so here is what i think for you:
    first of all i don't think you have to loose too much weight, the proportions seems right so i don't think you should set up a too strict diet.
    I guess your basal matabolism shoul be around 1300 k/cal a day, so if you want to loose weight you have to go down that much.
    Probably, due to your diet and your strong aerobic activity you lowered your metabolism even more so i suggest to try to raise it a little. To do the above i think you should start taking a good amount of carbs early in the morning, before your training, a cup of coffee or green tea would be appreciated due to their thermogenic properties. As soon as you finish your lifting session you should have a proteic intake, the cleaner the better: egg whites, tuna, non fat beef or fish. Lunch should be the last meal containing carbs in the day, so you are sure to burn them as energy and you don't store them as fat.In the afternoon have another cup of green tea and as soon as you end your Martal arts training a little meal containing prot and a little source of essential/good fats can be usefull to stimulate your thyroid. Dinner should be definitively a pro meal almost carb & fat free and before you go to sleep another little clean proteic intake have to be made(ex: a can of natural tuna). Your daily intake should range around 1050-1150 K/cal of witch 550-650 must come from proteins.
    Hope it helps

ok wow you guys are great. thank you.

that last post really helped alot. i am listening with open and respectful ears about the anavar and i promise i will think about it.

ok last night i got real hungry so i ate some hamburger helper around 1:00 am. but when i make it i replace the regular noodles with high protein high fiber ***** enriched noodles and i use ground turkey instead of hamburger. no milk, no butter, no salt just herbs for flavoring and the little sauce packet. i know i'll have to cut that shit out but i was really hungry.

ok this morning about 7:00 am i had one egg fried in olive oil and wrapped in one piece of high fiber high protein wheat bread, with one cup of green tea. i am feeling a little run down so i did not train this morning, but i think i will go do a light cardio workout on the machines for 30 minutes here soon and then i am goign to the gym for about 3 hours tonight. the problem with jiu-jitsu is that its not a true 'cardio' workout out its kind of a weird endurance type...i really dont know how to explain it but its not like running.

so what did the above poster mean by 'running doesn't burn fat?" i'm confused on that one.

ok so its 1:15 pm right now, i am about to cook a turkey breast, and eat it with a half cup of boiled wheat pasta (barilla encriched) and maybe a half an advocado? any comments on that?

i know i must sound pretty dumb, but i have read up on diets, and i chose to come on here b/c i can get several opinions at once....

so once again thanks. and my goals are not to lose weight at all. i am a very happy 120-something (fluctuates) and i really dont care how much i weigh as long as i am strong. my first goal is strength, while the aesthetic concerns come in at a distant second. is this where i would post my progress pics, or am i in the wrong forum? sorry, dont know how to navigate here.

First one egg in the morning isn't going to cut it, that isn't even 10grams of protein.

Let me give you a small lesson on nutrition.
    This is copied from another thread I posted in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibdmfkr
    You want to eat a balanced meal for each of your 4-6meals during the day.
    So if you are shooting for lets say 1500 calories within 5 meals, lets break it down real quick.

Here's an EX:
    So if 1gram Protein = 4 calories
    1gram Carbs = 4 calories AND
    1gream Fat = 9 calories
    THEN

125g Protein = 500 calories
    150g Carbs = 600 calories
    50g Fat = 450 calories

Total calories for the day would be 1550! (See how we came up with that?)

Now if you eat 5 meals then just divide everything by "5".
    So each meal you'll want to get:
    25g Protein x 5 = 125g total
    30g Carbs x 5 = 150g total
    10g Fat x 5 = 50g total

So an example of a balanced breakfast would be something like this:
    Meal 1: 5egg whites + 1/2 bagel w/fat free Cream Cheese + 1/4 cup almonds or 2 tbsn Peanut Butter.

Meal 2 (3hrs later): 4oz Chicken breast + 1/2 Potato + 1 cup vegetables of your choice.

Meal 3 (3hrs later): 3oz Steak + 1/2cup whole wheat Pasta + 1/4cup sauce + 1cup vegetable if you choose.

Meal 4: ETC...

Get the idea?
    Here are some useful sites:
    http://www.calorieking.com/
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/stella9.htm - healthy foods
    The Glycemic Index is something you may want to look into, it tells how different carbs rate and which ones should and should not be eaten.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa5.htm - Glycemic Index page

Things like this should really be Stickied on the top of the Diet Forum because apparently people don't know where to start when researching and trying to find out how to eat properly.

I may make a thread later this week with all this info and more if I find time.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 02-09-2007 at 01:35 PM.

ok that helps more then you know. i'm going to read everything.

but there is no way in hell i could eat all that food in one sitting. if i eat one piece of bread and one egg i'm so stuffed.

acciaio is offline Associate Member
    'running doesn't burn fat"
    Well you body react in different ways to stimulation,
    if you do an exercise at high intensity (high heart rate, heavy breathing) you force your body to use your carb and glicogen as fuel, if you keep your
    heart rate low you make your body burn the stored fat, thats why
    it is even better doing it first thing in the morning in an empty stomach, so
    you don't have glycogen to use and your body is forced to burn stored fat...
    It is a little semplicistic but at least it's understandable...
    If you cannot eat much in a single meal, you have to do more meals during the day, 6 are common among bbers but if you need more they are wellcome, thay will help you to look even more in shape!
    Finally if you want to become strong you have to take real care to your lifting training and your proten intake, muscles are made of proteins.
    By the way, when i feel a little tired and don't have the will to train i take a teaspoon of honey and a coffee, they help to give to your body a little boost

ok that helps more then you know. i'm going to read everything.

but there is no way in hell i could eat all that food in one sitting. if i eat one piece of bread and one egg i'm so stuffed.
    You've got to retrain your body to ingest the proper portions, women usually fall into one of two categories. They either eat way too much causing them to be overweight or they skip meals and deprive themselves of food which is almost equally as bad (it causes your metabolism to slow and you still gain fat while losing lean muscle tissue).

Start small and slowly raise the amount you eat in each meal until you can eat 5 solid meals spaced evenly throughout the day. It may take a few weeks or more but your body will adjust and your metabolism will love you for it.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

ok so here we go yesterday i had

one piece wheat bread, one egg

one turkey breast, half cup wheat pasta, one half advocado, 30 blueberries

one bowl miso soup, 30 edamame beans, 5 pieces sashimi tuna and salmon, and fourpieces of scallop, salmon, and advocado sushi.

o....and...um and large sake.

i did not lift weights, but i did some muay thai kickboxing and some jiujitsu and some calesethinics (sp)

today i am going to force myself to eat five meals. that's my goal.

Thread Information