rodosman is offline Associate Member

Too many egg whites?

Is it possible to eat too many egg whites? I eat egg whites at least 3 times a day. And that downing like 12 whites per meal. Would I be better off switching up the protein source, even though I eat chicken and beef almost daily.

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    as long as you can stand the sulfur smelling farts that comes with it, you should be fine. I was eating a few dozen a day when I was competing.
    If it is working for you , its fine.

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    dude respect if you can eat 12 a day..I am sick of eating eggs..lol...

I have come to buying cartons of egg whites and just drinking them down. Much easier and less time consuming. THe taste is almost nothing. Its all in the head.

jman98z24 is offline Junior Member
    I eat at least 15 a day.

No problems, YET

I do get strange questions from the checkout clerks at the super market when I buy 8 cartons of eggs (18 each). They ask "Do you have a big faimily?", "Are you having a party?", "Is this for a restaurant?". I just laugh and tell them "No, they are all for me, for just this week". Their jaw then begins to drop with wide eyes and they don't quite know what to say.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Eggs are a great source of protein and cheap.. Probably want to supplement with some sort of fat like Flax because egg whites are fatfree or throw in a few yolks.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodosman
    I have come to buying cartons of egg whites and just drinking them down. Much easier and less time consuming. THe taste is almost nothing. Its all in the head.

Whats the cost and what brand, I cant find them in my town just the egg beaters type crap. I cant stand the boil, peel, chew, water, swallow ritual I do every morining......

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    I use pam in the pan and crack open 10 of them, let them heat up a bit where the yolks get firm then use the egg shells to scoop out the yolks, I usually break about 2-3 yolks out of 10 so I just stir it all together. Its fast and easy. I cant find eggwhites either, I found one store had a super small carton but it was like 4 bucks, screw that, thats like 5 dozen eggs. or 10 eggwhites.

jman98z24 is offline Junior Member
    I only hardboil my eggs and then eat the whites. I just can't stand the taste of scrambled eggwhites. I don't eat any of the yolks, but I do have plenty of Natty PB and almonds in my diet to get the proper ammount of fat. I have used the liquid eggwhites before, but they are too expensive unless bought in bulk at Costco or something.

billyd is offline New Member
    I spray the pan with pam.Fry some fresh mushrooms,add 6 egg whites over the mushrooms and fry the whites till hard.Great with some oatmeal in the morning.

The Legend is offline Junior Member
    10 egg whites, few diced tomatoes and pepper and im good

kuad is offline Member
    good ideas

bigeater is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishmasterATM
    dude respect if you can eat 12 a day..I am sick of eating eggs..lol...
    dude. please change your avatar. I hate looking at ugly freaks. There are many avators that you can find.

csavage0 is offline Member
    I used to eat 20 egg whites every morning for breakfast and it would give me the worst smelling farts a person could ever imagine. It made my social life very hard.lol

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    Whats the cost and what brand, I cant find them in my town just the egg beaters type crap. I cant stand the boil, peel, chew, water, swallow ritual I do every morining......
    Just use a cooking spoon with the holes in it, for draining. Simply crack the egg into it and the yolk will stay there while the white part falls right through. They actually have specially made devices for this, I forget what they are called. I just use a regular cooking spoon/spatula and it works great. Then just throw the yolks in the trash.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    Oh and for the price, I buy 2 1/2 dozen in a big carton for around $2.50 at Kroger.

Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    My egg whites are egg beaters brand. Just wondering why you call them crap? Egg whites are egg whites. 16oz=48 grams protein!

One 16oz box is $2.07 at walmart. I actually bought them out the other night.

Yes the smell coming out of my ass is not right, but I don't care...hahaha

i love eggs, but the smell is too bad. last night i though i was gonna end up choking myself. i couldnt stop.

try prawns in scrambled eggs, the natural salt makes them great.

Thread Information