B6Reeze5 is offline New Member

Inexperienced needing help

I have this friend who just graduated from college with a degree in Health and Fitness. He only has me working out (lifting) 3 days a week. He also told me I could do cardio 30-45 min on eliptical (sp?) everyday if I want. My question is is 3 days a week not enough? It seems to me that it's not, but I don't have a degree. He is also training for bodybuilding competitions so I want to trust him in what he' s saying.

Here is one reason I am a little skeptical is because he's been bigger (pretty fat) for his whole life and I have always been the smaller one. Now that he has been dieting and working out intensely, he is way more cut than I have EVER been. I am afraid that he isn't telling me something that I need to know so he remains in better shape than me forever.

I just want a good workout routine to get me to lose some weight and SHREDDED. I am willing to do anything besides illegal steroids to do this. I am 210 lbs 5'11'' and my bf is prob like 17-20%. I really want a workout routine and a diet that would help me out here. I know in this thread its only good for diet, but ill repost/reword it again in the workout forum. Please give me a solid diet that would be great.

-Reeze

P.S. he also gave me a sample diet...which im using to the "T" I dont want to post it because i want to compare and not have it evaluated

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    if you hit all the muscles in the right amount then 3 days a week is fine. It will just take you more time per workout day than if you did 4 or 5 days.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    I already answeared this in the workout forum, and once again pretty disrespectfull.

IronAdam is offline Member
    You admit you're inexperienced, yet you doubt a friend of yours with a degree in the subject? You should be happy you have a friend that will help you out with it, because you sound like a major doubter. And if you want advice on your diet/work out routine you have to POST IT.

Here's some more advice; your friend is ripped because of years of hard work and dedication, you're at 20% bf because your diet sucks and you haven't worked hard for years (and I can say that without seeing your diet). You're willing to do anything but steroids to achieve your goals? Then start doing cardio and post your diet for a critique.

B6Reeze5 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    I already answeared this in the workout forum, and once again pretty disrespectfull.

what did you follow the post from the workout forum just to bitch at me again it was just a question didnt realize i was going to be hassled by it

Thread Information