NaturalMass is offline Banned

NaturalMass' Diet- Please Critique

Hi guys... I've been attempting to bulk for quite some time now but have just gotten serious about a diet that's going to add Lean Muscle Mass, not much fat, and not give much bloat. Please tell me what you guys think.

All meats are cooked In George Forman Lean Grilling Machine
    3 liters of water a day
    Written in Calories/Proteins/Carbs/Fats

That comes out to a total of

What can i reduce or add to my diet to help optimize Lean Fat free muscle gains while i continue my clean bulk you guys? i'm looking to add as much as possible, but at the same time stay away from adding too much fat or bloating too much (considering i model, i know, flame on ) I would like to add about 15 pounds of lean muscle for the summer, and not be a fat ass.

I weigh about 171.5 at 5'11" with about a 9% b/f as of right now. I'm 22, and run 3 times a week for about 40 minutes at high entinsity, and lift about 4 days out of the week. I'm not cycling anything because i'm a firm believer in "if you can't do it naturally, don't do it at all". I'm not even cycling supplements, so with that being said....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated for optimal lean fat free gains, THANKS!!

-Natty
    Last edited by NaturalMass; 04-25-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    You have any relation to Naturalsux?

No but seriously, you have to post your macros. Off the bat, I can tell you're a consuming too many shakes and not enough quality food. Post your macros per meal.

Not embarking on AAS right now is a sage decision, good for you.

ok, when i get back to work, i'll definately fill in with nutritional facts.

updates coming soon to a theatre near you!

Ok, I Edited It With Nutrition Facts, Please Go Back And Check It!!
    Last edited by NaturalMass; 04-18-2007 at 12:49 PM.

i would also like to add that i've been on this diet for 2 weeks now and have gained approx 5 pounds. Doesn't look like it's in fat or water either... maybe it's gonna work....?! PLEASE CRITIQUE ME SOMEONE... lol, where is IBDmfkr when i need him? Prada, come back to me!
    Last edited by NaturalMass; 04-18-2007 at 01:09 PM.

Swole Cat? Anyone?

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMass
    i would also like to add that i've been on this diet for 2 weeks now and have gained approx 5 pounds. Doesn't look like it's in fat or water either... maybe it's gonna work....?! PLEASE CRITIQUE ME SOMEONE... lol, where is IBDmfkr when i need him? Prada, come back to me!

if your gaining 2.5 lbs a week your doing something right, especially with all that running.

you diet looks good except for those shakes, replace with whole food meals.
    also drink more than 3 liters of water. meal 4 could use some veggies.

i think i'll throw some veggies in perhaps... i HATE veggies, lol. I've gotten to the point where i eat what i have to when i have to.... lots of nasty stuff goes into my mouth nowadays, know what i mean? The shakes are because i can't afford the time or money to constantly eat more chicken or beef. I already eat 3 8oz. portions a day. SO MUCH MEAT, LOL!!!! i will try subbing in some tuna or something though.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMass
    i think i'll throw some veggies in perhaps... i HATE veggies, lol. I've gotten to the point where i eat what i have to when i have to.... lots of nasty stuff goes into my mouth nowadays, know what i mean? The shakes are because i can't afford the time or money to constantly eat more chicken or beef. I already eat 3 8oz. portions a day. SO MUCH MEAT, LOL!!!! i will try subbing in some tuna or something though.
    like i said if it works for you then keep doing it. i know what you mean about the meat. i love it, but eating it 5-6 times a day is a lot.

NM, taking you level of activity into consideration you should be getting around.

CALS/PRO/CARB/FAT
    3600/350/350/100

Hence according to your calculations you are totally overconsumimg everything except FAT which is under. Forget about the shakes, keep things simple and consistant.(i.e 100 grams of protein in one meal is overkill).
    Use brown rice,oats, ww pasta. ww bread for carbs.
    Use Chicken breast, fish, lean beef/steak, tuna, eggs for Protein
    Use flax,fish, PB,etc for fat.

Read these, you will see they are somewhat repetitive and similar in idealogy
    Suggestions by IBD
    Sample diets by BD (Lean bulking + cutting)

A sample diet by PB
    New bulking Diet

Read the bulking sticky to help you and redo the diet. Goodluck

ok, i've decided to take in a few less shakes, and sub them for chicken, and have also decided to throw in some form of EFA into meal 4. Hopefully this oughta work. P.S. i have read all of those threads, lol. I have probably to be honest read every thread in this forum, TWICE! Anyways, will be re-evaluating my diet and keeping this as a log perhaps.

Thanks guys.

Yeah just redo the diet and post here, of course youll need to adjust here and there as you go along. Goodluck

was wondering, should i intake carbs on days i don't train? How should i cycle them? Only in the morning perhaps?

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    NM - Time out...you were on my ass for muscle milk (which I dont take, but it's something like it and the sugar is 1g as is muscle milk) and you drink cytogainer??? Same company, yet more sugar and crap IMO.......cmon......

dude, there's hardly any sugars or fat in cytogainer.... hardly any at all!!! Same company, but far from same product...

CYTOGAINER
    3.25 Lbs. Chocolate Malt
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size4Scoops(150g)
    Servings Per Container10

Calories 570
    Calories From Fat 60

Amount Per Serving % Daily Values**
    Total Fat 6g 10%
    Saturated Fat 3.5g 17%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 140mg 46%
    Sodium 370mg 15%
    Potassium 1130mg 32%
    Total Carbohydrate 75g 25%
    Dietary Fiber 4g 17%
    Sugars 7g
    Protein 54g 108%

MUSCLE MILK:

Total Calories: 350
    Calories From Fat: 160
    Total Fat: 18 g 28%
    Saturated Fat: 4 g 40%
    Cholesterol: 5 mg 2%
    Sodium: 200 mg 8%
    Potassium: 600 mg 17%
    Total Carbohydrates: 12 g 4%
    Dietary Fiber: 0 g 0%
    Sugars: 6 g
    Protein: 32 g 64%

Except for the fat, it looks to me like mm has less sugar, less junk carbs, and more vitamins..........not that it matters, as I agree MM is not an ideal product, however I think cytogainer is pure candy too.....but hell, if it works, it works...keep at it....I just want you to try max muscle's when you have a chance........friggn taste is sensational, and ingredients are awesome........esp. flax over mcts...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Too many calories for someone with your LBM.

Here's a few suggestions:
    Meal1: Drop the cytogainer and add something like 8-10eggwhites.
    Meal2: You're trying to grow, take in approx 50-75carbs in this meal.
    Meal3: What is this meal? 96g protein? Eat more even portions (prot/carbs/fat) and drop the liquid meals.
    Meal4: Again why no carbs? Eat something like a Yam or Potato here.
    Meal5: Once again, same comment as Meal 3.
    Meal6: PWO, this is cool but I'd cut the cytogainer down to "2scoops" instead of all 4.
    Meal7: Make sure you eat a low GI carb here, not just veggies. Brown rice or Yams would be great.
    Meal 8: Cool.

This diet needs TONS of work, without the shakes etc you wouldn't even break 3000calories. Rewrite it with 90% whole foods, I'd shoot for around 3500 calories which for someone your size is plenty for a Lean bulk.
    I'm 225 with the same bodyfat and I eat 4200calories while bulking, no reason you need that many especially chugging all that protein powder.

Goodluck bro.

thanks you guys... i'll be creating a new diet and letting you guys check it out soon! I'm gonna try and say screw all the shakes and go with some good foods instead... i'll keep you guys updated!

TRU MAX MUSCLE VERSION or Muscle Milk LIGHT......

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Too many calories for someone with your LBM.

Here's a few suggestions:
    Meal1: Drop the cytogainer and add something like 8-10eggwhites.
    Meal2: You're trying to grow, take in approx 50-75carbs in this meal.
    Meal3: What is this meal? 96g protein? Eat more even portions (prot/carbs/fat) and drop the liquid meals.
    Meal4: Again why no carbs? Eat something like a Yam or Potato here.
    Meal5: Once again, same comment as Meal 3.
    Meal6: PWO, this is cool but I'd cut the cytogainer down to "2scoops" instead of all 4.
    Meal7: Make sure you eat a low GI carb here, not just veggies. Brown rice or Yams would be great.
    Meal 8: Cool.

This diet needs TONS of work, without the shakes etc you wouldn't even break 3000calories. Rewrite it with 90% whole foods, I'd shoot for around 3500 calories which for someone your size is plenty for a Lean bulk.
    I'm 225 with the same bodyfat and I eat 4200calories while bulking, no reason you need that many especially chugging all that protein powder.

Goodluck bro.
    CYTOGAINER? Intesting product......you subscibe to it IBF? NM - Did you take it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    CYTOGAINER? Intesting product......you subscibe to it IBF? NM - Did you take it out?
    how is it going?

Hey columbus! I quit taking cytogainer... i only take it now PWO. I stopped taking in A LOT of the shakes because i'm taking in whole foods now... It's going REALLY good!! My weight is going up slowly, but my arms/chest/delts are noticably bigger. I jog about 4-5 days a week now too and am trying to make this as clean as possible... I can still see my 8 pack even though i'm bulking... let's just see how long this will last
    Last edited by NaturalMass; 05-11-2007 at 09:28 AM.

Thread Information