kansas5150 is offline New Member

Wife wieght loss please need advise

My wife is a fitness trainer, she works out all the time teaching classes, her diet is less than a 1000 cal's a day, cardio, diet, are great, but she cant loss any wieght, so i put her on clen and she lost 5 lbs in the first 14 days on and as soon as she gets off she puts the 5 lbs back on, i just dont understand whats going on, shes 5'10" and 168, im with her all the time and i know how dedicated she is with trying to loss this extra wieght, does anyone know what the problem could be, she has been on this diet for 7 weeks now, please any advise, she is on the depo shot for birth controll, could this have something to do with it

Braunstein is offline Banned
    Whats her current stats / routines..

Also post this diet w/ macros.

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    She's not eating enough. May get some retention with the depo but shouldn't change based on the T3. Make sure she has a good water intake also.
    Buff

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah she isnt eating enough but for real advice your going to have to get her to keep at least a 3 day diet journal and let us know what a "typical" day is.

Plug it in on fitday.com along with her activity levels.

Now, that you know how far or close you are nutrtionally, Have her read this.....

Dear wife of Kansas5150,

STOP WEI***NG YOURSELF! Who gives a shit how much you weigh, As a Trainier You should know that because of certain activitys your weight changes due to water/glycogen storage. Also as a women you have hormonal changes each month during menses that affects weight/water as well. Go by the mirror, your hubby's HONEST view/assesment and how your clothes fit.

BTW I live in KS too, where are you guys from???
    Last edited by MFT81; 07-03-2007 at 07:54 AM.

kansas5150 is offline New Member
    thanks for all the replys, she has it in her head that hardly eating she will be able to lose wieght, i will have her get on the diet section and someone can help her get on a correct diet, i still dont know how she can eat so little and kill her self in the gym burning tons of cal's and this is be going on for months and she still dont lose wieght, man if i done that id be a tooth pick,,,lol thanks guys

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    less than 1000 cals a day is not okay if she is as active as she sounds. That is probably most of the reason that her metabolism has hit a big brick wall--- or is even slowing down!! she definitly burns more than 1000 cals a day working out/ living so her body probably is going into panic mode and saving every last bit of food that she eats. I know that with me personally, my metabolism slows way down if i start trying to starve myself. not only does it NOT work... but it is not healthy. If I ever want to shed a few pounds i keep my cals the same--- 2,000 to 2,500/day---- but keep my diet super clean, then up the cardio a little, it works everytime.

btw--- I lost all of my pregnancy weight and am now at 5'7" 108 lbs doing this. best shape of my life!!!

Roidal is offline Associate Member
    I agree with rubix, a lot of people get on those diet and they never think of changing it. 1st does your wife trains with heavy weights or is it cardio everyday? tell her to try 1500 for a week, hopefully her body will re-adjust her metabolism to normal.

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    have you convinced her otherwise yet?

Thread Information