Slaiv is offline Banned

Very Important Diet Question

ok well to begin, we all know that to diet correctly, whether it is to bulk or to lean up, we all must watch what we eat. We must know our macros, when to intake the food, how much, how frequent, so on and so forth....

but no here is my question.....

lets say my daily intake of pro carb and fat are

255g protein
    210g carb
    39g fat

this is a moderate day...... i have my highs (+20%) and my low (-20%) days

but anways besides that, i need to eat 255g of protein ED. Egg whites and tuna is gettin pretty tough!!

NO NO NO WAIT !! im getting off topic here, what my real question is...

can i eat any kind of lean protein any time of the day? or does it have to be a specific kind of protein according to the time period?

for example....

for breakfast i eat

1 whole egg 6g pro <1 carb
    6 egg whites 24g pro <1 carb
    2 slices of ham (97% fat free) 12g pro 1g carb
    2 scoop of whey protein 31g pro 14g carb
    1 cup of oatmeal 3g pro 42g carb
    2 tblsp of flax seed 4g pro 8g carb

we looking at 80g pro 67g carb

ok so now u guys know what im working with here, now here is what caused me to ask this question. Seeing as how i have to eat ALOT to make up that count, i thought it would be easier to do this...

2 (4oz) or 1 (8oz) chicken breast 86g pro
    1 WW Bagel toasted 6g pro 47g carb
    1/2c Oatmeal 1.5g pro 21g carb

we looking at 93.5g pro 68g carb

not only is it more than the above mentioned foods to eat, its ALOT LESS FOOD!!!

but seeing as how its breakfast, my question is

does it matter what time of day i eat my foods? can i eat chicken breast for breakfast? or does it have to be 20eggs whites and 10 slices of ham and yatta yatta??

i always thought that when eating breakfast and other meals throughout the day, as you progress, you start eating hard foods

Chicken breast>turkey/ham slices>Tuna>Egg Whites

do see what im getting at?

or i can eat WHATEVER i want WHENEVER i want as long as it fits my macros?

so if i want to eat nothing but chicken breasts all day long until it meets my 255g pro daily intake and eat nothing but pasta all day long until it meets my 210g carb intake, can i do that?

Or do i have to be sensible and eat light (eggs) to medium (tuna, turkey, ham) to heavy (chicken, fish) throughout the day?

thank you very much for all you help in advance, and thank you for taking time to read such a long post, but i need to see what are my options so that i can start taking them. Id love to have some chicken for breakfast and not the same old 8egg whites and 1cup oatmeal everyday if im allowed to of course, if i cant, trust me, i wont mind eating the eggs and oats forever!!

THANKS!!! Looking forward to some good replies !!!!

Slaiv is offline Banned
    btw here is what i was back in 4-08-07 and the newer picture is from 8-17-07 (3 days ago)

what do you guys think?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Very Important Diet Question-4-8-07-1-copy.jpg   Very Important Diet Question-sososexy-copy.jpg  

Slaiv is offline Banned
    nothing?

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    thats a long read just to ask if its alright to switch up your meal plan abit imo a lean protein source is a lean protein source. egg whites chicken, tuna, i dont think it matters really.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    The most important thing is to first consume the needed macros. Secondly it is nutrient timing, your body digests and needs certain macros at different times. For example it is best to consume the leanest protein in your PWO to avoid blunting GH release. Also avoid fat because it will slow digestion, yet taking in fat at night is preferable because it does that exact same thing, yet now it is beneficial. Those are just some examples but it is important just not as much as achieving your macronutrient needs.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    .... well lean skinless chicken BREAST has 0g of fat....

so its ok for breakfast?

i understand that i must know when to have my foods at what time of day, with the more fat foods being at end of day and the more leaner ones in the morning to mid day...

but can i still eat chicken breast for breakfast? some tilapia maybe?

im running out of breakfast options, its either oatmeal or eggs or turkey and ham slices

i liked the second post from that guy, but i still would like to know a bit more and for someone to elaborate more on this

the 3rd post was more factual, and thats what i like!! but it still didnt quite answer my question

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    So for example, yes a chicken breast would be okay. As long as you get your lets say 40g of protein you will be okay. Just make sure they are from complete protein sources and lean. For breakfast actually I take some whey and eggwhites because I want to feed the body asap, avoid steaks or fat protein sources.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    yea yea !!! Chicken has only 40g of protein and 0 fat and 0 sat !!!!

so that as lean as it can get !!!

yay!!! gonna start making some chicken breakfast burritos !!! cant wait !!!!

Thread Information