440Charger is offline Junior Member

Fruit and cutting

Whats everyones take on fruit while cutting?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    its better than candy... plus fibers vitamins and minerals..
    i'd opt for it over fruit juice and if it fits into ur macros thats great.. i hate fruit but i dont believe there are any studies linking FRUIT to Fat Gain .. so knock ur self out.

HowIdo is offline Junior Member
    Dont see anything really wrong with fruit while cutting but, i would try to stick with the ones with lower GI ratings and higher antioxidants.

Fruit is great for staying healthy and antioxidants are very beneficial when trying to clean free radicals out of your body after lifting.

just wondering because of the sugars and the fact that it reglyconginates (sp?) the liver and what not first. I guess it would be best to eat it earlier in the day.

What do you mean by if it fits in your macros?

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Stick with fruits with a lower GI ie: blueberries, prunes, etc. This may sound disgusting but try eating prunes mixed with a little bit of splenda. Prunes have an extremely low gi, and they taste better than candy with a little splenda.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    I love fruit! helps keep me full during the day

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyd
    I love fruit! helps keep me full during the day
    bout as full as chinese food ><

goose is offline Banned
    I hear this fruit ball all the time,it is one of the more ignorant dietary theories and philosophies out there,but it does have some substance and history. The fear of fruit comes from studies suggesting 50gms or more of fructose per day can upregulate de novo lipogenesis (fat synthesis in liver), increase blood triglycerides, and induce insulin resistance. Keep in mind fruit generally contains 6-7 gms of fructose. That means it would take a bunch of fruit to get 50gms of fructose. The high consumption of fructose seen in most studies is generally due to the consumption of high levels of high fructose corn syrup (processing where varying portions of glucose are converted to fructose). Another consideration is fructose causes minimal insulin secretion. Even if fructose consumption was high enough to elevate fat synthesis lack of insulin would probably result in increased fat oxidation. Assuming calorie deficit it probably all evens itself out at the end of the day if you have good sex with your bitch that night.......

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    I hear this fruit ball all the time,it is one of the more ignorant dietary theories and philosophies out there,but it does have some substance and history. The fear of fruit comes from studies suggesting 50gms or more of fructose per day can upregulate de novo lipogenesis (fat synthesis in liver), increase blood triglycerides, and induce insulin resistance. Keep in mind fruit generally contains 6-7 gms of fructose. That means it would take a bunch of fruit to get 50gms of fructose. The high consumption of fructose seen in most studies is generally due to the consumption of high levels of high fructose corn syrup (processing where varying portions of glucose are converted to fructose). Another consideration is fructose causes minimal insulin secretion. Even if fructose consumption was high enough to elevate fat synthesis lack of insulin would probably result in increased fat oxidation. Assuming calorie deficit it probably all evens itself out at the end of the day if you have good sex with your bitch that night.......

Thanks for explaining it more. Appreciate the good ansewer.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 440Charger
    Thanks for explaining it more. Appreciate the good ansewer.

Now the sex part was a joke..in return please tell me type of girls you like???

lots of tats and piercings >:[

Short, fit and one that has direction... Let me know when you find her boss :P

brjrj0000 is offline Member
    while cutting i try to limit my fruit intake. i usually only eat it following a workout and sometimes in the morning

Perforator is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    bout as full as chinese food ><

Now that's full.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    yeah i love it, keeps me sain from eating lean turkey 3 million times a day haha

Thread Information