lil hulk is offline Associate Member

Cutting diet please help

I do know that there is alot of talk about should or shouldnt you eat noodles and whole wheat bread as a carbs source for a cutting diet and that i do have 2 to any shakes in my diet and ur body does better with whole food but its the only thing i can work around with work and on the go all the time.....what do you guys think will it work or is the complex carbs goin to keep me from losing BF...thanks

Cutting Diet 218lbs / 13%bf / 6’1” / 21

8:00a.m – 2 protein shakes / ½ cup oatmeal
    53g protein / 33g carbs / 5g fat / 390 cal

10:00a.m – Creatine / workout
    4 calories / 1g carbs

12:00p.m – 2 protein shakes / ½ cup oatmeal
    53g protein / 33g carbs / 5g fat / 390 cal

3:00p.m – 4oz chicken breast / 4oz 97% hamburger meat / ¼cup sauce / 2oz dry or/ 4oz cooked noodles
    54g protein / 50g carbs / 11g fat / 550 cal

6:00p.m – 4oz 97% hamburger meat / 6 egg whites / 2 slice wheat bread
    50g protein / 26g carbs / 11g fat / 422 cal

9:00p.m – 4oz 97% hamburger meat / 1/4cup sauce / 2oz dry or/ 4oz cooked noodles
    31g protein / 50g carbs / 11g fat / 440 cal

Total = 241g protein / 192g carbs / 43g fat / 2196 cal

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    id do a prot shake PWO, thats it, put real food for your first two meals(some sort lean meat) .u might also take one of your meals and make it a prot/fat meal and drop the carbs for that meal, id have around 60-80gms of fat in your diet as you need good fats in your system to lose fat for example do your lean meat and 3tbsp of natty peanut butter, its like 24 gms fats and do veggies as well in that meal, in fact u need at least 2 meals with healthy servings of veggies, you gotta have the fiber bro

ya the fiber part i do know ....i just dont put them down becuase i eat them periodically throughtout the day......and they dont change ur c/p/cal intake so i just dont mess with it LOL.......and u do have a point of putting whole food in the moring so my body has something to work with when working out....and FLAX SEED is what i have but ive had it for a while form the last cutting diet it did.....how long do u think it stays good in the freezer ive had it for a while now!!!! just a stuiped ? i know lol

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    I'd try to make them pro/fat and pro/carb meals... you don't wanna mix carbs and fat together. Add more veggies. And for your PWO shake add more carbs, it should be a 2:1 carb/pro ratio. Example 100grams dextrose 50grams protein. You need to cut down on the carbs. Too much fat in each meal, i guess its from the hamburger meat and eggs, cut some of the eggs and hamburger and add more lean chicken and tuna. Then add flax seed oil (for your fat source) with protein at night

hmmm...then what do you think the fat should be around for a meal then......ive cut down from around 25%bf to 12%bf last time i cut and i had bout the same in each meal.......its just the complex carbs that im worried bout this time.........hamburger meat is lean as i can get it....and as for chickn its expensive as hell for a college student LMAO..but u do what u got to do i guess

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    If you're uneasy about downing 100g of sugar for your pwo, you can make it a ratio of 50g maltodextrin and 50g dextrose, or even 70/30. Maltodextrin is a complex carbohydrate powder.

Isn't hamburger meat about the same price as chicken, around $2/lb? Check out tuna too. It's a very portable protein source.

also from my experience the best ratio is 42-45% pro /30-33% carb / and 25-28% fat

i guess not in ks the hamburger meat here is cheaper then chickn dont ask y ......and as for the malodextrose and the dextrose...im lost i really dont know what it is really....never really messed with it from the knowledge that i have...of nutrition

dextrose is a form or sugar, it is one of the fastest acting sugars, as in it spikes your insulin levels the fastest which is what you want immediately following a workout. Take this with your protein and the protein will be shuttled quicker to your muscles thus promoting muscle growth

and i consider and meal with more then 7-8grams of fat is considered a "fat" meal.

ok i gotcha...where do you get dexstrose from then.....food...powder...

Quote Originally Posted by lil hulk
    ok i gotcha...where do you get dexstrose from then.....food...powder...
    powder, it looks like regular sugar. I get it from b u l k n u t r i t i o n . c o m $3 for 2 pounds

ok i gotcha thanks man appreciate it!!!!

ight another question.....how may servings do you do at a time 4g of sugar per serving so what do you want to hit

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    1 tbsb is 10g

Thread Information