snoogans is offline Banned

My diet, plz critique!

8am: 1/2 protein shake = 700-800 calories/35-40g protein/9g fat.... 1 piece of fruit, 3 slices of multigrain bread, 4-5 egg whites/ 2-3 yolks, 1 multivitamen, 5 fishoil caps, 1 vitamen c

11am: "seroius mass protein shake"= 1600 calories/74g protein/19g fat/150g carbs

2pm: steamed vegies or salad with 2 tablespoons of olive virgin oil, 150grams brown rice, chiken breast or steak (tuna if i don't have chiken or steak)

5pm: "seroius mass protein shake"= ^ same

8pm: steamed veggies, brown rice, chiken/steak or tuna, with beans or potatoes...

before bed: protein shake= ^ same ... and 2 tablespoons of macadamia nut oil or flaxseed oil...

total intake: atleast 300g protein, 4000+ calories
    Last edited by snoogans; 10-18-2007 at 02:16 PM.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by snoogans
    8am: protein shake, 1 piece of fruit, 3 slices of multigrain bread, 4-5 egg whites/ 2-3 yolks, 1 multivitamen, 5 fishoil caps, 1 vitamen c

11am: "seroius mass protein shake"

2pm: steamed vegies or salad with 2 tablespoons of olive virgin oil, 150grams brown rice, chiken breast or steak (tuna if i don't have chiken or steak)

5pm: "seroius mass protein shake"

8pm: steamed veggies, brown rice, chiken/steak or tuna, with beans or potatoes...

before bed: protein shake... and 2 tablespoons of macadamia nut oil or flaxseed oil...

total intake: atleast 300g protein, 4000+ calories
    Way too many shakes... if you could total up protein/fat/carb counts for each meal it would help a lot. Complex carb and protein sources from real foods would benefit you greater than the "serious mass" shakes.

Which is your postworkout meal?

malidfa is offline Member
    the math doesn't look like it adds up dont think its 4000+cals,like Aand said try calculate the protein/carbs/fat
    this is my diet and it only adds up to 3365

bulking diet please comment

I edited the shakes because that's the only thing i know how much of everything it has... I don't really know about the meals im gonna guess maybe 45g+ protein, 500+ calories, and 30-40g fat= each meal... that's just a guess i could be wrong...

Everything you eat has protein/fat/carbs on the label doesn't it?

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    yeah your calories dont add up on any of your meals, theres 500 calories that come from no where in your second meal. Also you put 140grams of carbs in your first shake of the day along with fruit and bread? Thats a lot of carbs for a meal

3 1600 calorie shakes= 4800, 74g protein x 3= 222g protein, 19g fat x 3= 57g fat... + the 1/2 shake in the morning another 800 calories and another 40g protein, about 10g fat etc etc.... thats like 5000+ calories and 300+g protein how does it not add up??? that's not counting meals... Damn i just reolized im eating ALOT lol... but im only drinking that many shakes and eating so much because i had another diet and it didn't work so well, i was eating 4000 calories, 280g protein, 100g fat, and 280+g of carbs... i barely gained anything so a good friend prepared the diet above for me... by the way yes he knows what he's doing, He's ginormous himself and a bodybuilder just in case you guys think i got it from someone who doesn't know anything...

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    and way to many shakes.

read the stickies and copy one of those into your own..then post it
    Last edited by xlxBigSexyxlx; 10-18-2007 at 07:26 PM.

No like i said i weigh 148lbs, im trying to go up before i start my cycle, beleive what you want...

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    No like i said i weigh 148lbs, im trying to go up before i start my cycle, beleive what you want...

way to make shakes.

read the bulking sticky and make one into that

3 1600 calorie shakes= 4800, 74g protein x 3= 222g protein, 19g fat x 3= 57g fat... + the 1/2 shake in the morning another 800 calories and another 40g protein, about 10g fat etc etc.... thats like 5000+ calories and 300+g protein how does it not add up??? that's not counting meals... Damn i just reolized im eating ALOT lol... but im only drinking that many shakes and eating so much because i had another diet and it didn't work so well, i was eating 4000 calories, 280g protein, 100g fat, and 280+g of carbs... i barely gained anything so a good friend prepared the diet above for me... by the way yes he knows what he's doing, He's ginormous himself and a bodybuilder just in case you guys think i got it from someone who doesn't know anything...
    So your getting about 990 grams of carbs from just shakes alone? How many carbs are in your shakes.

also if you ate 280g of pro/100g fat/280g of carbs like you said you did in your last diet, then thats only 3,140 calories, not 4,000 like you thought.

damn your really good at calculating this stuff lol but still i shoulda gained something... carbs in my shakes are like 242g i think if i remember correctly.

Those shakes are garbage IMO... real food is much better.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    agreed, way too many shakes.
    I use a program called Fitday to record the nutritional values of my diet, you may want to look into it.

Why are the shakes garbage?? and what does IMO mean?? lol

he means real food/real protein is better then shakes and in most cases thats true. The best time for shakes is right after your workout. IMO is In My Opinion

Why are the shakes garbage?? and what does IMO mean?? lol
    The carbohydrates in those shakes are not high quality and will not build quality muscle. I took cytogainer for awhile and it made me fat... crappy quality carbs. Real foods are much better.

Anaboxa34 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx
    and way to many shakes.

read the stickies and copy one of those into your own..then post it

Dude don't be a wiseass dik and poke fun at this kid

I believe I recently read one of your threads stating that you spent (wasted) $460 dollars on otc supps, prohormone bullshit etc., I'm suprised your not condoning his protein shake intake

As for the rest of whats stated in this thread I def. agree with the above comments about replacing the shake with real foods

Snoogans: there are websites that contain the nutritional information of foods so you can look all this stuff up (pro/carb/fat)

one such site is calorieking.com

good luck kid

Thread Information