M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member

EFA’s Before Bed

Can you overdue it and consume too much EFA’s before bed? My normal before bed shake includes: 1 cup of lowfat cottage cheese, 2 scoops of whey protein, 2 tablespoons of natty peanut butter, and a little water. I also take a teaspoon of fish oil with the shake. Am I overdoing it? Should I reduce the peanut butter to 1 tablespoon. My goal is a “lean” bulk just wondering if the peanut butter is adding to many cals to this last meal?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    that would be ok, depending on the rest of your diet. if the rest of your diet allows for those macros that isn't a bad meal at all. maybe eat more cottage cheese and forget the whey.

looking at my daily macros I believe only adding one tablespoon of natty peanut butter to this shake would be preferable. So my question is, will one tablespoon of natty peanut butter and 1 teaspoon of fish oil be enough fat to slow down absorption or should I add maybe a tablespoon of fish oil instead of a teaspoon? Novastepp I thought about dropping the whey but this shake is taken normally about 10:30 pm, in which the meal prior is consumed at 7:30. That is a period of three hours and I figured that I might need the fast absorption of the whey, seeing that the casein in the cottage cheese will not release until about 4 hours after consumption. Is my assumption correct?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    you would be fine without the whey, but use it if you'd like. the casein is more beneficial because you want as many nutrients as possible throughout the night, casein + fat being the best way to accomplish that.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    i take 3900mg of efas, plus some from smart balance oil at nighttime. i shoot for 10g throughout the day. im usually a little under that.

sounds good guys thanks for the suggestions!

jojo2002 is offline Associate Member
    if your worried about fast absorbing protien try probolic 12 hour release its a from of casien protien... its good..

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2002 View Post
    if your worried about fast absorbing protien try probolic 12 hour release its a from of casien protien... its good..
    I have heard of that, thanks...might give it a try.

Thread Information