Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AnavarX is offline Associate Member

Smile I think Ive Done it! College Diet Update.

So I think I've finally come up with a pretty good diet, so Ill need some thoughts and opinions on this one.

I've started doin' around 7 small meals a day spaced 2 hours apart.
    Im eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with 4 protein shakes on days I workout and doing the same on running days only 2 or 3 protein shakes.
    I workout mon-wed-fri and run tues-thurs

1.Breakfast: 7:00am ( Scrambled eggs, toast, hasbrown that are basically raw so shreded raw potatoe)
    2.Lunch: 11:00am ( Chicken or fish with whatever vegatbles)
    3.Soy protein: 1:00pm
    4.Soy protein: 3:00pm
    5.Dinner: 6:45pm ( Chicken or Fish or A sandwhich (with wheat bread no cheese) with veggies)
    6.Soy Protein: 9:00-9:30pm
    7.Soy Protein: 11:00-11:30pm
    Bed time: ( 12:00am-12:30am) its college studies that keep me up
    *each soy protein shake is 25grams protein with skim milk
    *each meal is around a half of a plate to a plate
    *bread is wheat bread
    *I usually keep a well balanced meal with a different meat and veggie each day
    *Special K Protein Plus is my cereal of choice if I have it
    *Ive switched to skim milk this year
    *100grams protein on shakes and I'd say about 100grams protein with food
    *200grams total protein, not sure how to measure amounts of carbs and veggies

-Im working out around 2.5hrs a day then obliques on mon-wed-fri(30mins of the workout, 2hrs lift weights)
    -Im running the 2hours on tues-thursday then core abs (30mins of the workout, 2 hours running)
    -Its been workin for my friend for weightloss lol he lost almost 30lbs and hes been getting a little stronger each day, but im about to get him on protein and at least 4 meals a day

PLEASE let me know if there are anymore details you need to know because Ive covered them pretty much

What do ya think?
    Last edited by AnavarX; 04-05-2008 at 09:42 PM.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    ummm.... can you list the macros for each meal ?

also that many soy shakes you will be lucky to get off the toilet long enough to work out.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    thats not a diet

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    give him a chance maybe he will post something worth reading in a min.

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    um... doesn't really help unless you state what you're actually eating for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

BTW hows that Alli working chief?

Quote Originally Posted by No One Knows View Post
    um... doesn't really help unless you state what you're actually eating for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

BTW hows that Alli working chief?
    Not sure why most people have to be assholes on here well the "that not a diet" , maybe you should ELBORATE.

And yes its working fine. I dont eat like shit, or people wouldnt ask me for workout and diet advice every month.
    My friend lost 30lbs working out with me...gettin stronger and faster so calm the hell down.

I posted more of the stuff I eat on the page
    Also, what did you mean by soy protein would make you spend more time on the toilet...i bought it because it helps lower cholesterol and I heard it breaks down better?
    I know it doesnt have as good of quality as whey, but should I switch...I already have 8lbs of it i need to use anyways

Thats not a diet because you just say:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner with a shitload of shakes in between.

What do you eat for breakfast? a cinnamon roll? How about lunch? Probably some subway right? and dinner? a lean cuisine?

See unless we know what you're actually eating for those meals no one can give you any constructive advice

and you work your abs for an hour? wtf?

and you work your abs for an hour? wtf?
    Youre probably wonderin why Im gettin so pissed.
    No I dont eat a SUBWAY sandwhich with a lean cuisine dinner those arent that great for you anyways, dont stereotype me cuz you think Im a kid who doesnt know what hes doin.
    I eat from the cafe' at our college - chicken (no skin) fish or whatever else isnt loaded with fat
    I RARELY eat cheese on sadwhiches and if i do its cheddar

For instance todays 2 dinners were a tilapia (21 grams of protein) with half a cup of mixed veggies and a handful of brown rice to chew on- a dinner
    I had that for both dinners, which mean 2 tilapia and a cup of veggies, 2 handfuls of rice for 2 dinners. Im not goin thru the rest of the day cuz i dont want to type it out, but that was a for instance.
    If I eat cereal it has no sugar, protein plus is my cereal. I rarely eat sugar if at all.
    AND IVE UPDATED MACROS LOOK UP THEIR!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane051 View Post
    Youre probably wonderin why Im gettin so pissed.
    No I dont eat a SUBWAY sandwhich with a lean cuisine dinner those arent that great for you anyways, dont stereotype me cuz you think Im a kid who doesnt know what hes doin.
    I eat from the cafe' at our college - chicken (no skin) fish or whatever else isnt loaded with fat
    I RARELY eat cheese on sadwhiches and if i do its cheddar

For instance todays 2 dinners were a tilapia (21 grams of protein) with half a cup of mixed veggies and a handful of brown rice to chew on- a dinner
    I had that for both dinners, which mean 2 tilapia and a cup of veggies, 2 handfuls of rice for 2 dinners. Im not goin thru the rest of the day cuz i dont want to type it out, but that was a for instance.
    If I eat cereal it has no sugar, protein plus is my cereal. I rarely eat sugar if at all.
    AND IVE UPDATED MACROS LOOK UP THEIR!

I never said you ate that shit I was just saying thats what you COULD be eating because all you SAID was "Breakfast" "Lunch" "Dinner" - you didnt specify what you were actually eating for those meals.

And its pretty obvious you don't know what you're doing. Have you been reading other peoples diets here? You don't even have PWO nutrition.

And you didn't give macros you just edited it and put what you eat. its still a shitty diet.

If you're too lazy to post macros no one is going to critique your diet. but i will say it sucks.

I never said you ate that shit I was just saying thats what you COULD be eating because all you SAID was "Breakfast" "Lunch" "Dinner" - you didnt specify what you were actually eating for those meals.

And its pretty obvious you don't know what you're doing. Have you been reading other peoples diets here? You don't even have PWO nutrition.

And you didn't give macros you just edited it and put what you eat. its still a shitty diet.

If you're too lazy to post macros no one is going to critique your diet. but i will say it sucks.
    Im sorry I dont spend all my times on forums, Im writing a paper for college now. Im trying to get to pharmacy school with a pysch degree which is hard enough, I dont have that much time to improve my forum posting edicate.
    What other macros do I need?

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    We need macros!

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    sorry but the diet is not good IMO. It lacks EFAs and any good complex carb sources. It also lacks any simple pre and post WO carbs and most of your protein comes from Soy which is a poor protein source and contains phyto estogens which are not good for males. You also need to work out your cals and macros. I would suggest you spend some time reading about nutrient timing and eating for strength and muscle gain.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001 View Post
    sorry but the diet is not good IMO. It lacks EFAs and any good complex carb sources. It also lacks any simple pre and post WO carbs and most of your protein comes from Soy which is a poor protein source and contains phyto estogens which are not good for males. You also need to work out your cals and macros. I would suggest you spend some time reading about nutrient timing and eating for strength and muscle gain.
    Yeah i know about EFA...flax seeds and all that good stuff. I eat a nutrition bar with flax in them, 4g sugar, 6gprotein about 2 times a week.
    Plus doesnt fish have EFA's lol? I dont think I need to spend money on fish oil stuff when I can eat fish which is better isnt it?
    Ive known about the estrogens too, I just wanted to keep my cholesterol low so I can get a good cardiovascular response
    You got me on the pre and post workout complex carbs tho
    What would you suggest, Id like a food not so much a supplement too.
    Complex carbs? Give examples
    Last edited by AnavarX; 04-05-2008 at 09:38 PM.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane051 View Post
    Yeah i know about EFA...flax seeds and all that good stuff. I eat a nutrition bar with flax in them, 4g sugar, 6gprotein about 2 times a week.
    Plus doesnt fish have EFA's lol? I dont think I need to spend money on fish oil stuff when I can eat fish which is better isnt it?
    Ive known about the estrogens too, I just wanted to keep my cholesterol low so I can get a good cardiovascular response
    You got me on the pre and post workout complex carbs tho
    What would you suggest, Id like a food not so much a supplement too.
    Complex carbs? Give examples
    I would suggest re doing the whole diet. forget soy and use lean meats and fish. You wont get enough EFAs from the odd bit of fish your eating so add them. Complex carbs could be oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes. These are important at breakfast time and before workout. You also seem to have no simple carb sources for PWO which are proven to be essentail. Add some dextrose to your whey shake after workout. about 80g of dex will do. the meal following that should contain about 60g complex carbs.

I'm sorry I didn't realize you were such a scholar. I will say your forum etiquette does need some polishing as does your diet knowledge. Try not spending 3 hours in the gym and 1 hour working your abs and maybe you will have a little more free time to read these forums and learn how to eat.

I'm sorry I didn't realize you were such a scholar. I will say your forum etiquette does need some polishing as does your diet knowledge. Try not spending 3 hours in the gym and 1 hour working your abs and maybe you will have a little more free time to read these forums and learn how to eat.
    LOL did I mention my double major didnt include english..its Pyschology and Pre-pharmacy and I pretty much have a 4.0 so dont insult my intelligence on a forum.Ill mail you my grades if you want lol. Im just really flustered now and not spending as much times correcting the spelling, grammar, and punctuation as much as I am pounding away at the keys as fast as I can to get my message across.
    Im spending 2 hours working out and 30mins on my abs! I treat abs like anyother muscle...Im on a 2 muscle group a day workout an hour on each one then 30mins on abs!
    Im seriously tired of getting pissed and fighting...no more, lets just talk about the diet Im tryin to set up. Please.
    Sorry for offending you in the other post, your not an asshole

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    well your diet wont matter if your over training, wich you are. 2.5 hours in a gym is to long imo 1 hour max and your good to go

Quote Originally Posted by 200byjune View Post
    well your diet wont matter if your over training, wich you are. 2.5 hours in a gym is to long imo 1 hour max and your good to go
    I am? Someone help me with this then
    Spending an hour on each muscle group is too much you think?
    I do :
    Monday- Chest Bicepts 30mins abs (core)
    Tuesday-Run 2-4miles with 30mins obliques...usually about 1-1.5hrs on this day(chem labs go pretty long)
    Wednesday- Tricepts Sholders with 30mins abs
    Thursday- Run 2-4miles with 30mins obliques
    Friday -Legs
    Saturday and Sunday is all rest
    WOW idk,is it bad? Ive been doing this since football, 7th grade
    Only with football we'd workout an hour in the morning then 2.5hrs practice in evening
    Off season Id workout an hour in the morning then 1.5 after school?
    Ive been doing this forever
    You can tell if you are over training if youre heart rate is higher after you wake is up and mine seems fine?
    I seem to be getting faster when I run too? Idk overtraining is really confusing, cuz my body used to a lot of conditioning
    Last edited by AnavarX; 04-05-2008 at 10:30 PM.

rickrick55 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah man look at all the stuff you are doing..you need to simplify..and you shouldnt be basing your workouts on how long they are you know what im saying? you should have a set number of exercises and sets you will complete for each before you go to the gym..

but yeah your doing way too much imo

Alright, hmm I dont think I would qualify for over training syndrome, but im gonna get something to show my heart rate so I can take it every morning.
    I fall alsleep within 10minutes which all that means is Im not getting enough sleep, my heart rate seems fine but Ill ask this thread to be deleted later so i can post my day to day routine.
    My friends a bodybuilder and his arms have got to be around 20inches, hes a lot bigger than me lol, but Im still not too small. Id say medium, but anyways he worksout as much as me too, not running as much Im sure but the same as me.
    I might be doing too much but I dont think its over trainning cuz Ive been doing working out like this since 9th grade and Im almost out of my freshmen year of college.
    I might be over doing it tho, so idk.
    Like I said Ill post everything later, I gotta read a book today to...sucks.
    Thanks for the help
    I appriciate it

Ther Ive posted my workout on the workout section

cymruymbyth is offline Junior Member
    theres a lot of handbags in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by cymruymbyth View Post
    theres a lot of handbags in this thread
    What do u mean by handbags lol?
    And I've updated my workout routine if anyone wants to take a look

Thread Information