Aguro is offline Associate Member

Newbie Diet Part # 26031....

Here it goes again, another newbie asking for help.

Ok i did little research on forums here it goes :
    Here how i understood Tobey post on how to determine you daily caloric intake but first let start with the start
    I am 20, i have been training for 7 month i am all clean, i train 4 time a week on a 2 day x2/week to cover all the muscle. I weight around 184 lbs, body fat around 14% (dunno at all just guessing) and i am 5.10.My goal : getting to 210 lbs cut. I dont plan doing juice before 3-4 year if i get to that. I really push myself at the gym but if my nutrition is 80% of my gain then i am not distributing my effort properly. So my main goal now is to adjust my "diet".
    OK
    (note this is Tobey How to determine your daily caloric Intake chart. Big thanx to him)

A) current body weight : 184
    B)Caloric requirement per pound of body weight : 15.0( i got a job as shipper(low effort) + training 4 time a week)
    c) Typical daily caloric requirement without exercise to maintain bodyweight (a x b) = 2769
    D)Selected physical activity : strengh training=0.050
    Hockey skateing (not moderate) = ?? 0.065 ?

E)Number of exercsise session per week : 4
    F) Duration of exercise session : 90 min
    90 min
    G) Total weekly exercise time minute : (e x f) : 360 min.
    90 min.
    H) Average daily exercise time in minutes : 51 min
    12 min
    I) Caloric expenditure per pound per minute. (0.050)
    (0.065)

J) total calories burned per minute of exercise : (184 x 0.050) 9.2 cals per mins. 184 x 0.065 11.96
    K) Average daily calories burned as a result of the exercise : 469.2 cal a day.
    144 cal a day
    L) Total daily caloric requirement with exercise to maintain body weight (c + K) = 3384 cals
    M) Number of calories to subtract from daily requirement to achieve a negative caloric balance : 920 cals
    N) Target caloric intake to lose weight (L - M) 2319 cal.
    So to lose weight i need to eat up to 2464 cal a day.
    What if i want to gain weight without getting fat?
    How do i balance my protein/carbs/fats on a 6 meals diet. Ill have to get protein supplement to help insure the protein consuption is high enough. How much time before sleep should i stop eating? I am working on a night shift so here how my day goes :
    11:00 i wake up
    11:30 at gym to 13:00
    work at 14:30 to 22:30
    sleep at 2:00 - 3:00
    Ok enough for this post ill keep other question for later.
    Thanx for you time people.. loving this board.. very addictive and helping alot to keep the moral high Excellent work everyone!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Yes

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I love it when people put posts up like this and you have done really well.Its great to see you are not going to jump straight into the AS route and are obviously going to take your diet very seriously.

Spread you meals out throughout the day so you are eating approx every 2 hours

Slowly increase you cals from the basic "maintanance" amount.If you increase this rapidly it will be a higher % of fat but increase it say 150 cals extra a day until you start gaining weight.Your not going for anything crazy like 3lbs a week so check your progress.

Don,t live on the scales! Check it once a week to start off with then when the cals are right maybe once every 2-3 wks.

Remeber good gains are slow gains.The slower you increase weight the more likely it is to be muscle

As for the protein say you will consume 180g a day(Its easier to workout) you will be needing 30g of protein at every meal(6) do the same with the carbs and fat.

Good effoert bro I look forward to hearing about your progress

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Good for you Aguro! Your one of the smart ones for sure.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by dumbells101
    Your one of the smart ones for sure.
    What did you expect DB....he's Canadian

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    You Mounties stick together hey?? LOL

Originally posted by Pete235

What did you expect DB....he's Canadian
    That's just it Pete, THAT is what suprised me the most...I mean if he was say...a Chicago native then I'd kinda expect it but Canadian? Nah you know I'm just kidding! I always give kudos when I can you know!

Hi Mr. 101

Hi, i am a bit confused (Pete posted) that you need
    50% carbs 30 % protein and 20% fat
    if let say my consuption as to be to a minimum of 30 g of protein per meal then my fat is 20 g per meal and carbs 50g per meals am i correct ? Or protein need to be higher then carbs?
    Thanx for your time.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Aguro...the 50/30/20 rule apllies to caloric ratios...not grams of each.

Your daily caloric ratio should be 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat

It is important to remember the following: 1g carbs = 4 calories, 1g protein = 4 calories but 1g fat = 9 calories.

For ex. Lets take 3000 calories per day
    1500 calories carbs = 375g carbs divided by 6 meals = 63g/meal
    900 calories protein = 225g pro divided by 6 meals = 38g/meal
    600 calories fat = 67g fat divided by 6 meals = 11g/meal

Sorry for the confusion bro....BTW your plan looks awsome.

Pete

Pete's guidline is just that (a guide) and you'll have to decide based on your needs and activity when and how much you'll intake each meal. For example if you're a student in class for 6 hours you certainly won't need as much carb intake as say a landscaper installing sprinkler systems 8 hours and then going to the gym to train, well you'll pretty much need a steady intake of carbs. The idea is to plan what and when you'll need it. Take the Pete's illustration and adapt it to your everyday. Then instinctively change it as you learn what works best.

Nice thanx again, i knew i was missing something not your folt Pete, thanx for the feedback !

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Good Job Aguro

Great Job Aguro,
    You look like your off to a great start on yout diet. That rocks! The rest of the guys seemed to have summed it up. I made a post on training intensties that you may also want to take a look at in the workout section. It can tell you at what heart rate you need to maintian to burn off your b/f. It can also be a really great indicator as to when you can and can not raise your caloric intake. Dumbells made a VERY valid point here. One can not take in the same amount of protien,carbs ect that does say office work as opposed to one that does construction work. The calories are just not burned off as fast while sitting at a desk that while doing a much more physical type job for 8 hours a day. You really have to make the call here as you know what your daily activities are. I would keep Pete's post handy to. It is important to know how many calories a gram of this or a gram of that is. Good luck with your present diet and remeber it does not have to get all that boring. Pop over to the receipe section from time to time to spice up the regular diet.
    Tobey

hardasnails1973 is offline New Member
    Buddy if you really want to find exact caloric expenditure goto

www.t-mag.com
    look up article called "appetite for construction" and "massive eating plan 1,2". they will give you a strong and more accurate calucualtion of your caloric expediture. IT WILL SHOCK YOU HOW MUCH WE UNDER EAT!! I was at 3500 caloires in the offseason. I just bumped it up to 4500 calories over the past few weeks and lower my body fat and gained tons of strength as well as gained 3-4 lbs in only 8 weeks. The articles have strong scientifc backing from medical journal studies and they are not just hocus pocus !! and theyare written by one of the leading reserachers in the field today !!

Smile

Cool link, thanx alot.

djcujar is offline New Member
    pete. man i thank you so much . ive been looking for that ratio equation you posted above for like a week now. thanks bud

Thread Information