Thread: Diet Question

BNK89 is offline Junior Member

Diet Question

So I'm trying to cut about 10 pounds right now. I weigh somewhere between 180-184 on a given day. I don't have a specific diet that I follow everyday, but I try to get somewhere around 5 meals in. Heres a list of the foods that I eat

-Flax Whole Wheat Bread

-Egg Whites / made with fat free cooking spray

-Apples

-Banana's

-Grilled Chicken

-Whey Isolate Protein Shakes

-Tuna straight out of the can with mustard

That's pretty much all I'm gonna eat for the next month while trying to cut and was just wondering if this is good/bad? I try to get at least 200 grams of protein per day. Just wondering if I'm screwing myself over with this kind of diet.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would say break this down into meals specifically (mind your post workout nutrition) get a count on your Macros, maybe bring some old fashioned oats into the equation and maybe some more lean meats (real food to replace shakes as much as possible) Anyone else??

The only time I really drink the shakes is before and after my workouts. Like today roughly an hour before I lifted I took 1 scoop of protein, 110 cals, 25 grams of protein. Then right after my lift I took about 1 1/2 scoops and rested for about 15 mins before I hit the treadmill. I ran for 44 minutes at 7 MPH (8:30 mile pace) and bumped it up to 10 MPH (6 Mile Pace) for the last minute. I just hear its good to get protein within an hour of a lift and I don't want to eat right before I run.

Just curious, have you read the UNofficial "how to cut" sticky? I think thats one of the better templates that you could follow to achieve the results you're looking for.

just did.. are fruits really bad for u? He said something about glycogen in the liver = /. I was kinda using fruits as a carb intake along with the flax bread

Quote Originally Posted by BNK89 View Post
    just did.. are fruits really bad for u? He said something about glycogen in the liver = /. I was kinda using fruits as a carb intake along with the flax bread
    There are a lot better carbs out there. Fruits are not BAD just you could do without them on a cutting diet. Oats for example and brown rice is where i get most of my carbs. (Morning and post work out)

Hmmm I see, I really just use em as a healthy snack, Like if I'm hungry I might go grab an apple or somethin in between meals

sam_sneed is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    There are a lot better carbs out there. Fruits are not BAD just you could do without them on a cutting diet. Oats for example and brown rice is where i get most of my carbs. (Morning and post work out)
    Nothing wrong with fruit at all just don't gorge yourself on it in the morning or around your workout is probably the best times to eat fruit. It's mostly low GI especially berries not to mention fibre, vitamins & anti-oxidants. Avoid bananas though while cutting. JMO

Lol damn I just bought like 12 banana's to.. ehh i'll just eat em before cardio

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Lol damn I just bought like 12 banana's to.. ehh i'll just eat em before cardio
    That would be absolute worst time to eat them, lol. Just cut them in half and eat them that way, there just kind of high calorie as compared to some other fruits. If your doing cardio in the morning, eat them after cardio NOT before. Or eat them PWO.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmmm I see, I really just use em as a healthy snack, Like if I'm hungry I might go grab an apple or somethin in between meals
    You shouldnt be "snacking," between meals. You need to space your meals out evenly throughout the day and not eat in-between. You should be eating 6-8 times a day, every 2-3 hours.

Thread Information