Jessn is offline New Member

help with bulking diet

i have been tryin to get my diet in order. so far ive made a few small gains off of it but nothing too great i think that my calories are still too low. im 5'10 190 pounds. i havent sat down and figured out my macros yet but i was hoping that u could give me some pointers and ideas about what to add or do different. Also if u have any ideas on stuff that is quicker and easier to make. its hard to make all this and eat while working and tryin to get a workout in. thanks for your help

Breakfast i fry a potato in grape seed oil and scramble 3 eggs in it and have a cup of oatmeal.

snack on my 15 minute break at work is a ham sandwich and easy mac (not the healthiest but adds some calories and carbs).

lunch chicken breast or steak with cup of brown rice

next meal is a small steak and 2 potatos topped with cottage cheese

post workout protein shake (1 scoop with a 1/3 cup powdered milk mixed with water) with i tbsp grape seed oil added

bigger steak with 2 potatos topped with cottage cheese

then a couple of rice cakes with cottage cheese before bed

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    That's 5 potatoes per day... I would completely take them out of the equation for starters. Maybe substitute some yams instead for your morning carbs.
    The snack on your 1st break should go too. Bad carbs; and ham isn't a very high quality/lean protein either.
    Bring an 8oz chicken breast cooked at an earlier time and some almonds or something. Tuna on whole wheat wouldn't be too bad.
    Lunch looks pretty good. Maybe add some steamed green leafy veggies.

I would take this info. Revise your planned diet, figure in the Macros and then re-submit.

Also what is your current cardio and workout schedule like? What are your goals for this diet?
    And most importantly, good luck and welecome to AR bro!
    Last edited by Rugger02; 07-28-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    I checked out your other posts. I kinda see what you're going for. I honestly think that you will see very similar results with a great diet as you would with gear. Eat 1.5 -2x your lean weight per day in good protein (stay away from shakes as much as yoour budget will allow) Keep your carbs where they should be and Lift weights like a freak. You'll be huge before you know it.

Thread Information