jch3131 is offline Associate Member

Tell me what you think

Recovering from an ankle surgery and getting back into shape again. I didnt really gain any BF on my injury just lost alot of mass so I'm just trying to bulk it back up. Any advice on my diet is appreciated. I think I have the Macros decently in check.

6' 5" 205lbs 24 years old, Dont know the BF anymore.

7:00am-7 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 scoop whey, 1 cup oatmeal

9:00 am- 8 oz lean beef, 1 slice cheese, 1 cup vegetables

11:00am- 8 oz chicken breast, 1.5 cups cooked brown rice

1:00- 6.5oz Tuna, 1 Tbsp Mayo, 1 cup vegetable

WORKOUT

3:00pm- 2 scoops whey, 1 banana, 1 apple

5:00pm- 8oz chicken breast, 1.5 cups cooked brown rice

8:00pm- 8oz Lean ground Turkey, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

Before Bed- 3 scoops of whey or Casein

3726 CAL, 454g protein, 282g Carbs, 84 g Fat

I feel the Protein is too high, and the CAL need to be increased a little. What does everyone think?

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    More call for sure, if you can add those calls needed, the protein can stand at 400.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    More call for sure
    What are you basing this on? The OP didn't even give us an idea of his BF%. How could you possibly know whether he's eating too much or too little without knowing that and/or seeing pics?

OP - food choices look decent to me for the most part. I'd change the 1pm meal to a protein/carb meal and fuel your workout. I'd also eat a more substantial carb PWO than just a banana and apple. Something like oats (yes, complex carb) + a banana would be great IMO.

As stated above, we need SOME idea of your BF% to comment further. However, I can say without seeing anything else that protein is way high. You can stand to make your meat portions 6oz and still will have PLENTY of protein. You're 205lbs, i'm 195 and i'm taking in 250g which is plenty. You'd be fine at 300, and I wouldn't go over 350. My .02

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    What are you basing this on? The OP didn't even give us an idea of his BF%. How could you possibly know whether he's eating too much or too little without knowing that and/or seeing pics?

OP - food choices look decent to me for the most part. I'd change the 1pm meal to a protein/carb meal and fuel your workout. I'd also eat a more substantial carb PWO than just a banana and apple. Something like oats (yes, complex carb) + a banana would be great IMO.

As stated above, we need SOME idea of your BF% to comment further. However, I can say without seeing anything else that protein is way high. You can stand to make your meat portions 6oz and still will have PLENTY of protein. You're 205lbs, i'm 195 and i'm taking in 250g which is plenty. You'd be fine at 300, and I wouldn't go over 350. My .02
    Sorry, I forgot there is only one here that know all about diet.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

OP - food choices look decent to me for the most part. I'd change the 1pm meal to a protein/carb meal and fuel your workout.(youre right, I over looked that) I'd also eat a more substantial carb PWO than just a banana and apple. Something like oats (yes, complex carb) + a banana would be great IMO.Ok I will add a complex in there.
    Guessing my body fat I would say 12-13%, I'm a tall and lean guy. I will cut the portions down to 6 oz for all the meats. that should take the protein down almost 100g. How about the CAL? I feel I need to be eating more CAL but I'm not really looking for a dirty bulk. What ya think?

Scratch that, cutting the portions down on the beef, chicken and turkey took 46g off. If I cut the portions down any more then I will be loosing too many CAL. Whats the downside to having my protein at 400? Wont I just pass what I dont use?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    Sorry, I forgot there is only one here that know all about diet.
    Bro, are you seriously offended? What's up with you? Do you really think my statement warranted a snide remark like this? You told the OP he needed more cals for sure; I asked you what you're basing that on seeing as we haven't been provided all the pieces of the puzzle. I wasn't calling you out or being a smart ass, I really wanted to know. In fact, i'm still waiting for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by jch3131 View Post
    Guessing my body fat I would say 12-13%, I'm a tall and lean guy. I will cut the portions down to 6 oz for all the meats. that should take the protein down almost 100g. How about the CAL? I feel I need to be eating more CAL but I'm not really looking for a dirty bulk. What ya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by jch3131 View Post
    Scratch that, cutting the portions down on the beef, chicken and turkey took 46g off. If I cut the portions down any more then I will be loosing too many CAL. Whats the downside to having my protein at 400? Wont I just pass what I dont use?
    Not necessarily, but the point here is the extra protein isn't going to bring you any closer to your goal. If you truly want to bulk, i'd drop the protein down to 350g max and up your carbs considerably. Dirty vs. clean has nothing to do with X amount of calories, but rather where those calories are coming from. Keep your foods clean and natural and you won't have to worry about eating dirty.

Gotcha, thanks bro!

Thread Information