toneloc85 is offline Associate Member

nuts while trying to get lean

i am currently trying to lean out a little before bulking again. i eat only fast digesting carbs in the morning before my workout then again after for pwo,other than that i dont eat any through the day. cut rests back to 45 sec-1min between sets and do cardio after. keep protein intake high. that out of the way i like soy nuts and a lot and was wondering if these are ok as a snack while trying to lean out a little,not really trying to get ripped.

EatLiftGrow is offline Associate Member
    IMO Nuts are a no go when cutting. 197.7 calories from fat per serving. (23.6g fat). If you HAVE to have nuts i would recommend a healthier option such as almonds. 120.2 Calories from fat (14.4g fat) but try to rule them out period.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know if I agree, your body needs fats in order to lose fat. Essential fatty acids are a must even in a cutting diet. I'm cutting right now and take Fish oil with my second meal (after cardio). And almonds or cashews before bed.

I feel it also depends on how much. If you are snacking on them all day, then i would say no. But i agree with Rugger on essential fatty acids and nuts being ok, but IMO in small amounts. I personally wouldnt have them in my cutting diet, everyones diefferent. Although I think Rugger may have a little more knowledge on this then myself.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Never ever totally cut out the nuts (pun intended).

On a serious note i would try and cut down on them while cutting.

Sorry for the HiJack. Why dont you completely eliminate nuts? Dont you get enough essential fats from other foods? Perhaps in very small mounts, but never the less, still get some.

toneloc85 is offline Associate Member
    yea besides liking nuts(no pun intended) i was also using the needed EFA thing as a good excuse for eating them. i think i will just moderate the amount i am eating.word.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toneloc85 View Post
    yea besides liking nuts(no pun intended) i was also using the needed EFA thing as a good excuse for eating them. i think i will just moderate the amount i am eating.word.
    Good call, This is a funny thread

Thread Information