Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    marty6674 is offline Junior Member

hello again pls check out my diet let me know id it needs help

i been looking over this site for a week got some good feed back like i said before i 34 6'2 240lbs i started at 297lbs 6 months agi i mostly just did cardio but when i started lifting i just did light weight alot of reps im def lacking muscle and also need to lose more body fat/weight but this is what my weekly routine is please critque

5am 30-45 min cardio on efx

6am metrix meal replacment shake

8am 3 bolied eggs just eat one whole the rest just whites

10am turkey sandwich on wheat bread granol bar or fruit

12pm tuna on wheat either fruit or granola bar

3pm fruit or sandwich or meal replacment shake

5pm boneless chick with brown rice/baked potatoe

7pm usually fruit or low fat cottage cheese or meal replacement shake

8pm sometimes another 30min of cardio

thats pretty much the break down do i need to add something or subtract and oh yeah thats how i eat mon thru saturday sunday i cheat all day long this method worked to get the 50-60lbs let me know what you this i def want to add weights into my program thanks again

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    This should be in the Diet forum, a mod would move it for you.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    you should get more protein from food, not 3 shakes a day. granola bars and fruit have a lot of sugar so you might want to switch them out for more complex carbs like potatoes or sweet potatoes.

thanks T OWN you always one of the first to comment on my threads. do you think thats enough protien to build muscle while still losing fat should i add alot more protien or just tweak it a little like you mentioned

and on Sunday, allow yourself a cheat MEAL, not a cheat DAY. No use bustin your ass all week just to lose a lot of your progress in one day. ...IMO

well you didn't mention portions or how much of everything so i can't guess how much you're getting now. i would say you can use a shake post workout and maybe one other time a day if you're short for time or something. but i'd aim for AT LEAST 200g a day, 300 would be better for your size.

my portion size for protien is usually the size of my hand and the carb is usually the size of my fist id say thats the thing i never really count how many grams of protien i am getting or weighing my food in onces just kinda winging it while i was losing that weight but now i wanna take more of a serious approach and get the best results im pretty much going into this blind and the info on here is really overwhelming yet good just alot of diffrent opinions i have no prob following a diet or eating shcedule i just need it to be there right in front of me im not very good at making it up myself

in the diet section there are a few stickies that would work for you. the hand metaphor doesn't work that well lol. some people have tiny hands, some have huge hands. 5-8 oz is a good size for a meal generally

should i post a picture to give an i dea what we are working with here i mean by no means am i proud but i gotta start somewhere right lol

i mean you know your outta shape when you lose 50-60kbs and your still pretty damn fat lol

lol yeah i guess

ok last question of night i think T OWN i checked out the diet forum what kinda diet should i follow the cutting building lean mass type diet im sorry i keep asking the question pretty soon your gonna tell me just go to weight watchers or jenny craig lol

UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

This is the link to the cutting sticky, which is what you want. Formulate a diet that will work for you as a starting point, post it up and we'll be happy to critique it for you from there.

Oh yah, and welecome to AR bro, best of luck on reaching your goals!

Thread Information