Godson is offline Associate Member

favorite lunches for cutting diet?

im on a cutting diet

and my lunches would be something like

Pasta, traditional ragu sauce and cottage cheese
    ( any opinions on what type of sauce to use for pasta, any healther ones?)

tuna fish about 4 days a week

and i was eating turkey sub sandwhiches with some mustard until i was told on these forums that bread and cutting isnt the best idea ..

i need opinions on my sauce for pasta, on bread for turkey sub sandwich and more ideas for lunches because its where i seem to struggle the most on my cutting diet

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    bigmacs

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    ummm bigmacs, i got some buy one get one coupons im struggling with not to use...

ok i take chicken grilled chicken to work, or turkey bbq, or hamburger steaks and eat that for lunch and when i need carbs i eat half cup oats in a cup of water, easy if you prepair your meals. they say preperation is key and i believe it....

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    At the beginning of the week I take a big pan and put in 2lbs of burger (I use venison but lean beef works)
    Throw in a small chopped onion and some fresh garlic and pepper
    Cook on high and crumble the burger till its browned.
    Then lower heat to Med and add 2 C brown rice, 1 C water and 1/2 C Skim milk
    Cook for about 10 mins stirring occasionally.
    Then add your choice of veggies (I use broccoli, black beans, celery mushrooms asparagus peas and green beans) and 1 can of 98% FF Cream of mushroom or celery soup
    Stir and cook till rice is soft and veggies are tender
    I also add some lemon or lime juice to add to the flavor (Teryaki or soy works too)

I take 2 servings of this to work everyday. If it starts to get boring just switch up the veggies

thanks for these ideas but they sound more like dinners than a lunch
    for example i use brown rice for my dinners almost every night

and you guys recommend eating lean beef and hamburger steaks for a cutting diet ? and bbq has lots of carbs so i cut that out by the way

grilled chicken i also eat for my dinners too and alternate it with fish, so if you guys are eating that for your lunches what does your dinner look like?

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    my dinner is the same but usually beef not chicken with vegis no carbs

thats crazy to eat brown rice twice a day

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've heard of crazier things...

Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    bigmacs
    like that for a cutting diet ?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Godson, post up your "cutting diet"

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    I think most will agree with me when I say that we eat the same at "lunch" as we do at "dinner." Those terms are really meaningless... They're just a societal trend in my opinion... When you eat for muscle growth and overall health, you're generally not doing it for the taste, you're doing it for the nutrients and the results they bring about.

If you think eating brown rice 2x per day is crazy, you definately need some diet help...

Post your diet to get some good feedback...

Breakfast =
    Instant oatmeal with raseberrys
    eggs... 2 with yolk and i just began using egg whites mixed in with the 2 yolks
    Kashi cereal with fat free milk

for breakfast i usually pick 2 out of those 3 and alternate them so i dont get too bored

Lunch =
    Whole wheat pasta with no sauce, i just boil it then mix fat free cottage cheese in it which i think taste pretty good actually .. i sometimes do use red sauce though
    about 4 days out of 7 i will eat tuna fish out of the can , i try not to eat it every day due to mercury levels.
    and i was eating turkey subs or on wheat bread with mustard but somebody told me bread isnt too good for a cutting diet ..

Dinners =
    Brown rice with veggies and my choice of either fish like Tilpilia or chicken breast, or salmon..and i use soy sauce on the rice, and sometimes cajun sauce for the fish which is pretty good.. i dropped BBQ sauce which was my favorite because it was recommended to me on the forums

i snack on kashi bars, pineapple chucks, pickles, lots of water, and an occasional subway would be the only type of fast food i eat...and of course my protein shake,

and im on creatine which might be counter productive but it gives me some type of edge not sure if it really works or if its just an mental edge, but definitely assist in the gym either way ..

i just recently gained access to a gym and im 100% ready and willing to do whatever it takes to maximize my expectations.. so any advice on better diet foods would be excellent ..i was told to use olive oil so im definitely getting that

i would hate to eat brown rice twice a day though lol, but like for example my breakfast i give myself 2 outta 3 to mix and match, my lunches i dont really have that pleasure since i got rid of turkey subs.. so thats why i was looking for ideas for lunches...is bread that bad for cuttin?
    Last edited by Godson; 09-25-2008 at 02:43 PM.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    To get a solid guesstimate of how many calories you should be taking in, caluclate your BMR.

http://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/

Take that number and either keep use it or drop about 200 calories and use that as a baseline for the calories you should take in per day...

The macro break down I use when cutting is roughly 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fat... That's just me and everyone is different, so you'll have to fine tune your diet yourself.

Lose the instant oatmeal in the morning and switch to old fashioned oats.

http://www.glycemicindex.com/newsrelease.htm

Here's a study about the benefits of lower GI carb sources. What it boils down to is this: Is a few slices of wheat bread going to ruin your diet? No. Could you be making better food selection choices? Yes. It's up to you what you choose, but without eating the same things everyday (At least the same macros) how are you going to know what's working and fine tune your diet from there? (Rugger02)

Also to give us an even better idea how to help you, post your stats:

BF%
    years training
    weight
    height
    Last edited by fit4ever180; 09-25-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Thread Information