DesiBoy is offline Associate Member

Critique Please!!!

Hi, just wanted to share my new diet with you guys so you can critique it. Here are some stats:
    25 years old
    225 lbs
    14% bf
    active life, work late, workout 5 days, 2 days moderate rate cardio, multi vitamins and minerals twice a day, o mega 3 with first meal, flax seed oil - with last meal;

Meal 1(9.30): 1 cup egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup oat meal, 2 slice of bacon;

Meal 2(12.00): 150g chicken, 300g sweet potato, salad;

Workout(2.30)

PWO Meal - 2 scoops of protein with 1 cup of oats;

"AT WORK"Meal 3(6.00) 150g chicken, 300g sweet potato, salad;

"AT WORK:Meal 4(9.00) 1 can tuna fish, salad, 1 cup oats;

Meal 5(12.00) 200g cottage cheese w/ 1% milkfat, 25g kosher whole wheet crackers

TOTAL: protein - 250g, carbs - 400g, fats - 50g-60g(not sure)

My goal is to burn some bodyfat and put on a few lbs back on, 6 months ago I was at 255lbs. Recently I tried a low carb diet(about 60g per day) for 10 days and lost 6lbs but now look wayyyy too flat. So the diet that I posted here is going to be my new diet. Do you think I should do low carbs/ high carbs diet, I've never tried it. Let me know what do you think. Will post some pics later on. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by DesiBoy; 10-02-2008 at 08:37 AM.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Why do you care if you are flat or not? Low carb is the way to go if you want to burn fat.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    Why do you care if you are flat or not? Low carb is the way to go if you want to burn fat.
    Well, that's the thing, I don't want to keep loosing weight like crazy, I started at 255 and looked pretty much the same. Plus I think that if I just do low carb diet is not as good as low/high carb. I heard that it will help you save some muscle. Will post some pics so you can see.

Anyone else?? What do you think about my diet? Any suggestions?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    That diet needs alot of work....try low to no carbs and every 3rd day have carbs but stay within 100-300g for that day....plus I'd bump up the cardio....hell when I'm off-season I'm doing cardio 3 days a week....

if you keep ur diet in check, and are taking in some good fats, then you will hardly lose any muscle at all, believe me it is mostly MENTAL. Healthy fats are your friend right now; not carbs. You want your body to become a fat burner, not a sugar burner, so load up on the fats, and keep the carbs low low low. When i get paranoid about muscle loss, i just measure my arms, and then sometimes am surprised to see that they have actually gotten bigger. The seven pounds you lost is probably food and water weight, because everyone knows that it would take you a full week at least of hardly eating anything to actually lose an entire pound of muscle.

Here's what my precontest diet looks like right now

Meal 1
    10 egg whites
    4oz chicken breast
    1/2 grapefruit

Meal 2
    1 can tuna
    2 cup veggie

Meal 3
    8oz chicken breast
    2 cup veggie

Meal 4
    1 can tuna
    2 cup veggie

Meal 5
    PWO shake 40g whey/water/glutamine/bcaa's

Meal 6
    8oz fish
    2 cups veggie

Meal 7
    6oz fish
    2 cup veggie

Mondays and thursdays I get 1 cup oats with meal 1 and 3 and 6oz yams with meal 5....that's it...so stay calm, get in your healthy fats and watch the carbs, bump up cardio and happy fat burning...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN View Post
    Here's what my precontest diet looks like right now

Meal 1
    10 egg whites
    4oz chicken breast
    1/2 grapefruit

Meal 2
    1 can tuna
    2 cup veggie

Meal 3
    8oz chicken breast
    2 cup veggie

Meal 4
    1 can tuna
    2 cup veggie

Meal 5
    PWO shake 40g whey/water/glutamine/bcaa's

Meal 6
    8oz fish
    2 cups veggie

Meal 7
    6oz fish
    2 cup veggie

Mondays and thursdays I get 1 cup oats with meal 1 and 3 and 6oz yams with meal 5....that's it...so stay calm, get in your healthy fats and watch the carbs, bump up cardio and happy fat burning...
    where are YOUR healthy fats in this diet? This diet looks like a great way to crash and burn all your muscle.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    says who?
    I eat mod-higher carbs while cutting

where are YOUR healthy fats in this diet? This diet looks like a great way to crash and burn all your muscle.
    In all the tuna steaks, salmon, cod and what other fish I eat, along with my EFA's I take eveyrday....crash and burn...I've gone from 240ish at 11% to 225 5% with 4 weeks to go till my show. So no crash and burning here....sorry to dissapoint ya....that was just my diet not the supps I'm on bro...so dropping 15.37 lbs of fat and only losing 1.63 lbs of muscle is crash and burning?? Not likely my friend.

In all the tuna steaks, salmon, cod and what other fish I eat, along with my EFA's I take eveyrday....crash and burn...I've gone from 240ish at 11% to 225 5% with 4 weeks to go till my show. So no crash and burning here....sorry to dissapoint ya....that was just my diet not the supps I'm on bro...so dropping 15.37 lbs of fat and only losing 1.63 lbs of muscle is crash and burning?? Not likely my friend.
    oh okay you didn't say anything about salmon, and i'm definitely not dissapointed that you are not losing muscle. i am happy for you.

oh okay you didn't say anything about salmon, and i'm definitely not dissapointed that you are not losing muscle. i am happy for you.
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound snappy...4 weeks out and moody as hell. LOL...I just want cheesecake....and nacho's....donuts....pizza....LOL

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound snappy...4 weeks out and moody as hell. LOL...I just want cheesecake....and nacho's....donuts....pizza....LOL
    LOL you're killin me man!

sizerp is offline Banned
    mmm... ice cream....

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    LOL you're killin me man!
    I don't normally crave crap like that but everytime I get within 4-6 weeks of my show all I can think about is junk food....kills me. But I sure do love my cheat meal right after the shows....

Thanks for sharing your opinion with me guys, I will take some carbs out of my diet, will only take carbs before and after workout and will keep em at 30g before and 30g after workout. Also will add cardio 5 days a week(30 min) at night after come back from work and before my last meal. I think that will be it. Thanks one more time. Feel free to post any comments here.
    Last edited by DesiBoy; 11-13-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Thread Information