Lach01 is offline Associate Member

been away for 7 months need help for push into right direction

hey guys,

been a long time away got laid off in work and mum got really ill over summer so had to take care of her and trainign didnt come into picture, bit of history before going straight into question
    went from a small 141lbs when i first found this site and with all the help and advice i had from everyone which i thank a lot i went up to 170lbs at 10%bf was in the best shape and felt the best i every had i had to cut cycle short due to reasons above and went straight onto PCT kept some good decent gains and went down to 160lbs but stuck at 10% bf. the only prob i have now is i neglected training well still had the odd run and whenever i could get to gym but now my mum is better back into the gym and staying away from the gear as advised until i feel i am at potential.

My Current Stats:
    Still - 5'6"
    weight - 165lbs
    BF - 15%

this is the most BF i have ever had and had to get it checked 3 times just to make sure. I am now trying to get BF down to 10% again in 4weeks so far i have started cycling to work and swiming in the morning on a empty stomach to help buring calories and then gym at night followed by a cycle home. nothing crazy in gym 3times a week just to get back into it then start back hard again.

Current diet just off to bed so no macros yet will add them tomorrow when i get back from work just looking for a quick oversite until i get them on if poss.

Breakfast
    Oatmeal - 50g
    6eggs - 2whole and 4white

meal 1
    125g deli meat
    2 slices whole meal bread

meal 2
    cup of veg
    6oz chicken breast or steak
    half sweet potatoe

meal 3
    250g low fat yougurt
    (this needs work)

Pre-work
    protein shake
    apple/banana

post workout
    protein shake - 40-50gprotein i think.
    gatorade
    banana

meal 4
    Chicken breat
    veg

meal 5
    casein protein shake

I have left the carbs out/to a min as i'm trying to lose the bf and as this is past 6/7pm and carbs are hard to burn from that time on not wanting to add any more bf on. as ased does this look ok to loose the bf and keep/add muscle for time being what would you add/change and will get the macros up please dont flame.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Nothing here to flame at all bro, good to hear your mom's doin well and you're back to work.
    You got a solid start here, my question is where does work fall into this? (Which meals do you take at work) and which meal(s) are pre / post-cardio?

And I'll reserve further critiquing till tomorrow when you get them macros posted.
    Best of luck man and welcome back.

Rugger cheers buddy. Heres macros as promised and have marked work next to the ones i have in work and a breif description of day to day training and work.

Breakfast(work)
    Oatmeal - P5.4g C22.4g F2.1g CA129
    6eggs - P39.1g C2.9g F11g CA281

Meal 1(work)
    125g deli meat - P21.3g C5.3g F2.1g CA130
    2 bread - P6g C58g F1g CA260

Meal2(work)
    Cup Of veg - P2g C16g F0 CA80
    Chicken Breast6oz - P53.4g C0g F6.1g CA284
    sweet potato - P2.1g C26.8g F0.2g CA115

Meal 3(work)
    yogurt - P7.4g C16.2g F0g CA88
    Tin Tuna - P42.1g C0g F1.4g CA191
    small mayo

Pre-workout(work)
    Apple - P0.4g C19.1g F0.2g CA72
    Protein Shake p50g c3.6g F4.2g CA236

Post workout
    Protein shake p50g c3.6g F4.2g CA236
    Gatorade p0g C17g F0g CA 70
    Banana p1.3g C27g F0.4g CA105

meal4
    Chicken Breast P53.4g C0g F6.1g CA284
    Veg P2g C16g F0 CA80

Meal 5
    Casein Shake p50g c2.8g F1.6g CA220

Total: Protein(p): 385.9g Carbs(c): 236g Fat(f): 40.6g Calories(ca): 2861cal

Day:
    Wake 7:15
    Cycle to pool
    pool 7:30/35-8:15
    go to work 8:20 - 17:00
    Breakfast: when i get into work
    meal1: 2hrs after breakfast
    meal2: 2hrs after meal1
    meal3: 2hrs after meal2
    pre-workout: 2hrs after meal3
    gym 17:10-18:00(roughly 1hr-1.5hr)
    cycle home(15mins)
    Postworkout as soon as i get in house
    meal4: 2hrs after post-workout
    meal5: 2hrs after meal4

that is roughly my day from mon-sun, sat can vary as i have rugby during the afternoon, all comments on where i can improve or change greatly appreciatedas i have been out for a while and training hasnt even come into thought, once i take BF again on the 27-10 i will start a new diary on both training and diet to keep track of my progress.
    cheers bros.
    Last edited by Lach01; 10-15-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: forgot to add in.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good to see another Rugby player on the board!

How long have you been on this diet and what kind of results have you seen so far?
    I'd like to bump this for Big Texan, Novastepp, or Narkissos to take a look at. For the most part I think it looks pretty solid, but these guys know their stuff and have been around the block longer than me.
    I'm particularly interested in their take on your pre and post WO meals, as they're the ones I'm wondering about just because of the fast digesting proteins and carbs.
    I won't give any definate answers unless I know, and honestly you're looking good as far as my limited knowledge goes.

Well only just getting back into it, had 7years off started playing again about 2months ago but so far going alright need to get my speed back and agilty to be able to use my height better and gain strength again lol.

put the fast digesting stuff in Pre and post WO meals as this is where i feel the body will need access to them quickly to feed the muscles which in turn avoids them being used as fuel once the workout has been completed but if i have got this wrong please correct me and will change it around.

Been on diet for about 3-4weeksstaying away from the scale until the 27or30October thats 4weeks after i had it taken along with BF, but from what the mirrors are saying so far im looking good to hitting 10% again as i can now start seeing lower abs and obliques once more thought they had run off at one stage but not to sure how much muscle i am sacrificing but will soon find i guess.

Starting to think about gear again even though i said im going to stay away from it but want to see what i achieve myself and decide from there once i get bf checked again will post pics once more and start a fresh.
    if i was to go on course would be 12-14wks sus eod at 0.75ml with nolva and clomid as pct and hcg during course to keep everything in check and at reletive size every 3week or so. and of course amirdex on hand if required. will keep you posted on this, but any more help on diet would be great.
    Cheers for words of encourgment rugger.

Thread Information