zazi is offline New Member

Angry Urgh.... HCG & what to eat while on it.... some help please?

I have some questions about diet and HCG .

First of all i am female, 29, 5'5" and i weigh 128 lb.
    I am on HCG primarily because i have some bits of fat which are not responding to exercise.
    I weight train with a trainer 3 times a week and do about an hour of spin class each day to get some cardio.

I have been on the HCG for almost a week now and i am definetly seeing some difference, but i am a little concerned about the diet.
    I don't think it is an optimal diet for fat loss.

Without boring you with the details, the recommended diet works out at:
    500cals, split into two meals a day, where the food ratios are, 40% protein, 40%carbs, 20% fat...
    (protein is to be taken from a lean protein source and is supposed to be no more than 100gms when weighed raw)

I'm thinking three things:
    1- the diet for the hcg weight loss protocol was written in the 60's and is out of date.
    2- i've been working really hard at the gym lately and have gained some muscle and i don't want to loose it while on this diet because i am not getting enough protein.
    3- if the purpose of HCG is to allow you to burn excess stored fat then i should be on a diet that enables fat burning to happen right?

Can anyone help me out with a diet that will help me get the most out of the HCG? Like what sort of percentages i should be basing my meals on?

I have tried doing some research in the HCG dieters yahoo group but those guys are sticking to the suggested diet gram for gram and word for word.... Frankly i think that they might see better results if they tweaked the diet based on sound advice.... which is why i am here. Clearly you guys know what you are talking about.

ANyway, please reply to my post if you think you can help me out with what to eat. I am already on week 2 and would like to maximise fat reduction in the coming weeks.

Thanks!

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    dont you mean hgh?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalsux View Post
    dont you mean hgh?
    For some strange reason she thinks HCG is a diet drug

hang on hang on.....
    i have the strange reason right here.... :P
    http://www.hcgalabama.com/pounds-and-inches.pdf

its a lot to read ... it gets started with the hcg on page 13.

now don't shoot the messenger... this is just something that sounds plausible to me.... i'm open to being corrected. :P
    Last edited by zazi; 05-30-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Did some research on this and its seems to me that it is a fad thing requiring 500 calorie a day diet. No thanks !!!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    500 calories a day and HCG ? Personally I believe at your current stats you could easily drop your bf% with a reasonable diet and exercise plan.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    My girlfriend is running this system (500 cals per day) with HCG injections daily and it is working wonders. I know it would not be popular here, but the HCG makes your body think it is pregnant and allows you to then starve yourself and your body primarily eats your fat rather than muscle. (It is a little more complicated but that is the basics from my understanding.) It may be incredibly unhealthy but my girl loses about 1/2 pound of fat per day for 28 day cycles.

I would not suggest it, but I am happy as hell my girl is doing it simply because it works. If you just eat 500 cals per day you would burn up your muscle and fat together. She is losing weight in the right places and keeps it in the right places as well. It is not like her face is all emaciated like a starving person. Good Luck.

It may be out of date, but if you are going to try his system you have to run it to a "T". There are many rules and if you follow them you will lose the weight. But you can also lose weight by doing it the modern way as well that does not include HCG. But at the same time many of us choose to use AAS even though we too could be doing this naturally as well.
    Last edited by Oki-Des; 05-31-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des View Post
    It may be out of date, but if you are going to try his system you have to run it to a "T". There are many rules and if you follow them you will lose the weight. But you can also lose weight by doing it the modern way as well that does not include HCG. But at the same time many of us choose to use AAS even though we too could be doing this naturally as well.
    HI!

Thanks so much for the info. I am so glad to hear that people other than the people on the "HCG diet" newslist are using it too.

I've actually had a good loss this week and the cellulite is actually disappearing.... but i am not using the meals given by the diet as i felt that they were just too random so i am now eating meals that are all 50% protein 25% carb 25% fat. ANd the diet is working...

thanks for chiming in!

Unoid is offline Member
    I'm considering this diet myself but slightly altered becuase I'm a larger man and will exercise (500 cals isn't based on exercising individuals)

I'm 6-4 250. and I'm thinking 150IU Daily, 500-700 calories ED (chicken breast, Tuna, broccoli, salads, coffee, protein shakes.)
    Also thinking of adding Winstrol or anavar ..
    how did your dieting go zazi

Thread Information