Ljavy17 is offline Associate Member

Please help with my Macros.

Okay, I weight 165lbs I am 5.6" tall Bf should be about 17 to 18 percent.
    I started winny today along with test. Look at my other threads for that.
    Anyway I am the kind of person who gets incredibly chubby with about 100 to 200 grams of carbs a day.
    However latelly I have been having like 50 to 100 a day and I have not had any energy at all!
    I know where my carbs and proteins should come from, I know the good fats and bad fats. I just need a safe amount of carbs I can eat a day!
    I know I can only eat about 1600 to 1700 cals a day.
    How much Protein, How many grams carbs and fats? Simple question. I am doing 45 mins of cardio on an empty stomach everyday.HELPPPPP! I spend the whoole day just starving, never satisfied.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljavy17 View Post
    Anyway I am the kind of person who gets incredibly chubby with about 100 to 200 grams of carbs a day.
    However latelly I have been having like 50 to 100 a day and I have not had any energy at all!
    I know where my carbs and proteins should come from, I know the good fats and bad fats. I just need a safe amount of carbs I can eat a day!
    How much Protein, How many grams carbs and fats? Simple question. I am doing 45 mins of cardio on an empty stomach everyday.HELPPPPP! I spend the whoole day just starving, never satisfied.
    why can you only eat 1600-1700cal per day, that will put you in starvation state, not good for fat loss

165 times 10 would that not be about 1600 to 1700 or how many shuold I be eating?

oh I also stopped T3 about a week ago, so I gotta be carefull there.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    165 times 10 would that not be about 1600 to 1700 or how many shuold I be eating?
    go look up harris-benedict formula and figure out your daily caloric needs that way, then post your results here, i would guess you are about 1000cal under where you should be

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    go look up harris-benedict formula and figure out your daily caloric needs that way, then post your results here, i would guess you are about 1000cal under where you should be
    x2^^

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    x2^^
    Also, your avatar pic looks like you're way less than 17-18% BF. I would say you're more like 10% based on the pic.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Ouch. Hunger hurts. Listen to your body is what I would do. If you're starving, then perhaps eat more? Remember to break your meals up throughout the day, 7 or 8 if you can. And do what Phate does, drink a whey shake before cardio to prevent catabolism.

okay so my BMI is 1*** ( times 1.55 ) thats 2800 cals a day!! Jesus thats crazy. I have been eating less than 1700 cals a day for so long now, my metabolism is probably soo fuked up.
    You guys dont think that if I start eating 2500 or 2800 a day now ill just gain weight?
    Whats a safe way to approach this?
    Athis is my most recent pic, Body fat?

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bro you look way leaner than 17-18%bf in your new pic. From the pic I would put you somewhere around 13-15%bf. Anyway, yeah your body has been in starvation mode for awhile now that's probably why you feel like 200g of carbs is making you fat. You are right your metabolism is working pretty slow right now so I would gradually increase the cals, in hopes you will get out of starvation mode and rev your metabolism back up. For example, week 1 - 2000 cals , week 2 - 2300 cals, week 3 - 2600 cals...2600 cals might be a good intake to keep constant for a few weeks and then see how everything is going. You will more than likely gain some weight initially but once you get your metabolism reved back up the weight will come back off. If you are carb sensitive, then limit your carbs to breakfast, pre workout, and post workout on workout days and maybe just breakfast on your off days.

okay so for this upcoming week I will do.
    For this week I will have Carbs mainly at BF and Lunch.
    I will equal out to 100c a day this week .
    I willl increase 50C per week and see how that does.
    Would Carb cycling be a safer approach? Since I am carb sensitive say maybe 150 on High carb days, about 50 to 100 on low days and less than 40 on No carb days?

sizerp is offline Banned
    I wouldn't do No Carb days, especially if you're on cycle. You're trying to get bigger, right? So eat more

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    150 s not a high carb day either work your way back to 350 carbs for a high day if you insist on carb cycling... just work your way up to that amount of carbs in the manner imola suggested, then if necessary you can try carb cycling and I agree with size that you should never have no carb days...

got it, I will start introducing carbs little by little. I just had a full cup of oats this morning and a banana I was like WOW thats nice!
    Did I mention I am cutting? lol I just want to make it down to 10 percent BF.

any other comments?

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would suggest getting your metabolism back up to par before you carb cycle. Introduce carbs back into your diet gradually. I think 200g of carbs would be ideal for lean muscle mass...it will keep you fueled for your workouts and aid in recovery. Once you come to a sticking point, increasing your cardio would be the first step. Once you reach a sticking point there, I would suggest carb cycling. I cut over the summer with carb cycling with great success. My split was high, low, no, high, low, no. Like some have said the "no carb" days can be bad for keeping or gaining size, but if your number 1 goal is to cut bf then it will work great. Next time I cut I will prob follow the same routine just maybe eat 50g of carbs for breakfast on my "no carb" days and will throw in a low dose of test to keep my body anti-catabolic.

Thread Information