Godson is offline Associate Member

Grams of fat pre day

im 150, 5'5 and i intake 2,100 calories just about
    with 120-140grams of protein

mainly im not really on a cutting diet, but im trying to achieve a six pack
    and basically im a college student that cant afford a bulking diet

i was consider if i was on a cutting diet, only taking in 2k cals

how many grams of fat should i be looking at ?

30grams ?
    50grams?

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Well for starters, at your height and weight, assuming you do moderate activity, you need about 2600 cals/day to maintain your weight. I understand being in college it seems hard to get the food you need, but going to the grocery and buying the things you need in bulk saves way more money than going out or even things like subway.

That said, depending on your goals, 30 grams of fat would be roughly 10% of your calories, which is way too little. 87 grams would be 30%, 58 grams would be 20%. It really depends on what you want. I know you say you're looking for that six pack, but if it were me, I'd be taking in about 3000 clean cals a day with at least 225 grams of protein and not worry as much about the fat.

lol 225 grams of protein a day for a 150lb guy .. thats amusing

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    lol 225 grams of protein a day for a 150lb guy .. thats amusing
    Thats 1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight which is the standard ratio that most of the guys here use.

Remember, you are trying to cut. If you take in 2400 calories and are only eating around 150g of protein, thats only 600 calories from protein. Or 25% of your total calories. That means the other 75% (1800 calories) have to come from fat and carbs. Not a great ratio for cutting in my opinion

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    Thats 1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight which is the standard ratio that most of the guys here use.

Remember, you are trying to cut. If you take in 2400 calories and are only eating around 150g of protein, thats only 600 calories from protein. Or 25% of your total calories. That means the other 75% (1800 calories) have to come from fat and carbs. Not a great ratio for cutting in my opinion
    well put!!!

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post

^^ What I was trying to say. You just sound so much smarter than me lol.

interesting, reason i didnt think that many grams of protein were good is because i heard that an over consumption of protein damages your kidneys i believe it is..any idea about that?

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    interesting, reason i didnt think that many grams of protein were good is because i heard that an over consumption of protein damages your kidneys i believe it is..any idea about that?
    That is the true to an extent, but to really have an adverse affect on your kidneys, you would need to consume somewhere around 4 to 5 grams of protein per day for a very extended period of time... I happen to know an inidividual who has done this for about 15 years now and he is having serious kidney problems and will need a transplant within the next 5 years as images of his kidney's literally look like swiss cheese!

If this is something you're still worried about, take a kidney support...

gettingBIGGERfast is offline Associate Member
    poppy cock.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    If you're drinking enough water (1-2 gallons) per day you have nothing to worry about.

Thread Information