Eagle088 is offline Junior Member

PWN after cardio?

What kind of post workout nutrition do I need after cardio if any? I am all about PWN after resistance training but I am unsure about after cardio. Would it make a difference if I were bulking or cutting? If so what would be the best for both phases? Thanks

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle088 View Post
    What kind of post workout nutrition do I need after cardio if any? I am all about PWN after resistance training but I am unsure about after cardio. Would it make a difference if I were bulking or cutting? If so what would be the best for both phases? Thanks
    when and how are you doing your cardio?

what is your PWN after workouts?

what type of diet are you running?

Usually playing basketball for cardio around noon, so I eat a few eegs and oatmeal about an hour and a half before but I am getting ready to start PCT soon. I really didnt need anything specific, I was asking more in a generality for both cutting and bulking. Just assume I am on a proper diet for each phase respectively.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Respectively always use like 3g Vitamin C and 400IU Vitamin E PWO along with your fast acting Protein (Whey) and some simple carbs to refill glycogen. Stay away from ingesting fats or EFAs immediately PWO. Then, soon afterwards (maybe 45mins-1.5hours later) get some complex carbs and real protein in your system.

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Respectively always use like 3g Vitamin C and 400IU Vitamin E PWO along with your fast acting Protein (Whey) and some simple carbs to refill glycogen. Stay away from ingesting fats or EFAs immediately PWO. Then, soon afterwards (maybe 45mins-1.5hours later) get some complex carbs and real protein in your system.
    And this is for cardio workouts correct, not weights. On the days that I do cardio I split up my weights and cardio by at least 6 hours so they are always two seperate workouts.

binder is offline Member
    is PWN like PWN3D but in present tense? is there a reason to abbreviate everything that has to do with bodybuilding?

bigcal01 is offline New Member
    For a low intensity cardio session I usually have a single protein scoop right after I shower at the gym (about 15 mins post cardio), then have a balanced meal 30 mins later when I get home. It's always worked for me. If the session was high intensity than I will have a PWO shake closer to that of a weight workout, but with less simple sugars.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle088 View Post
    And this is for cardio workouts correct, not weights. On the days that I do cardio I split up my weights and cardio by at least 6 hours so they are always two seperate workouts.
    If you're cutting, then incorporate less carbohydrate PWO, however I'd definitely include a good amount of Whey + Water soon after (like 15 mins). Also, the Vitamin C and E should definitely be used, maybe on days you lift, take them after lifting rather than the cardio. I don't really need to do much cardio so I've always kept my Post-workout nutrition pretty standard.

When I run in the AM, I take I ingest whey + water, then run... then when I get back home I eat breakfast.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    is PWN like PWN3D but in present tense? is there a reason to abbreviate everything that has to do with bodybuilding?
    I abbreviate for expedience in delivery of information, and or convenience whilst typing out explanations, or repeated phrases, such as post-workout. PWO is so much easier. You do it too I am sure! Come on! I bet you even say them sometimes, such as BA - Bachelor of Arts, BS - (Bullshit) or Bachelor of Science, NBA - National Basketball Association, NHL - National Hockey League. etc. etc.

binder is offline Member
    I abbreviate for expedience in delivery of information, and or convenience whilst typing out explanations, or repeated phrases, such as post-workout. PWO is so much easier. You do it too I am sure! Come on! I bet you even say them sometimes, such as BA - Bachelor of Arts, BS - (Bullshit) or Bachelor of Science, NBA - National Basketball Association, NHL - National Hockey League. etc. etc.
    it was a joke howdy

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    it was a joke howdy
    Lol my bad.

binder is offline Member
    Lol my bad.
    haha, it happens. i'm not much of a smiley user so it can be confusing.

Thread Information