Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    aero83 is offline New Member

just starting out,mostly clueless and a bit depressed

Hi guys, im just starting out with the whole building thing. i have read as much as i can on the subject but some 1st hand advice would be really useful. Im 25, 150lbs and im 6"2. I find it incredibly difficult to gain weight with just diet alone and as you can imagine i look like a freakin walking stick. my aerobic fitness is good as i ride my mountanbike every day but i want to join the army in august and i need to build my frame up for the job. The problem i have is that my body just doesnt seem to like putting weight on, possibly a testosterone defficiency, still cant grow a full beard A friend of mine does MMA and has limited knowledge of steroid use but what i need is a general idea of what i should be using and at what stages. Anything i do will be based around daily workouts. Im tired of being referred to as the skinny one but i didnt want to jump blindly into this.

any advice would be really appreciated

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Basically, you are not eating enough, as you are not eating enough then steroids will not help.
    If you want to gain weight, cut back on the aerobics, increase your calories and work hard in the gym and get enough rest to allow your body to recover and grow.
    If you want to weigh 200lbs then eat like a 200lb man.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    Basically, you are not eating enough, as you are not eating enough then steroids will not help.
    If you want to gain weight, cut back on the aerobics, increase your calories and work hard in the gym and get enough rest to allow your body to recover and grow.
    If you want to weigh 200lbs then eat like a 200lb man.
    first off you need to calculate your daily caloric expenditure

this formula will give you your basal metabolic rate, which is basically a measure of the amount of calories your body would burn if you stayed in bed all day and did nothing

Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

once you have that number, you can multiply it by an activity number to figure out your daily caloric expenditure, be honest here as this is the very cornerstone of your diet, if you are between two of the below activity levels then just multiply by a number in between them

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9
    Last edited by Phate; 03-13-2009 at 07:21 AM.

FortKnox36 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aero83 View Post
    Hi guys, im just starting out with the whole building thing. i have read as much as i can on the subject but some 1st hand advice would be really useful. Im 25, 150lbs and im 6"2. I find it incredibly difficult to gain weight with just diet alone and as you can imagine i look like a freakin walking stick. my aerobic fitness is good as i ride my mountanbike every day but i want to join the army in august and i need to build my frame up for the job. The problem i have is that my body just doesnt seem to like putting weight on, possibly a testosterone defficiency, still cant grow a full beard A friend of mine does MMA and has limited knowledge of steroid use but what i need is a general idea of what i should be using and at what stages. Anything i do will be based around daily workouts. Im tired of being referred to as the skinny one but i didnt want to jump blindly into this.

any advice would be really appreciated

Look man..I actually have low testosterone . No excuse! Just means you have to work harder...which is good! Every challenge presents a chance! Steroids are not the answer for you.

This is what you do....get your head outta your ass! Open your eyes and from this point on keep your chin up! You can make a skinny frame look very defined and muscular. You may not be a bulky guy or be able to become a body builder but you sure as hell can make your body look good!

First and foremost you have to be happy with yourself! Without the right attitude you wont be able to make yourself into anything. Keep your goals realistic and obtainable.
    Next start researching. Research till your brain hurts! Books, articles, websites. This one is pretty good, I learn new stuff all the time. Main thing to gain weight you need to be eating a lot. Work on that!
    Force yourself to have a good/positive attitude! One day it will all become natural.

PM me if you like.

C
    Last edited by FortKnox36; 03-13-2009 at 07:37 AM.

cshibbyr is offline Junior Member
    If you eat 6-8 high protein/high carb meals a day you will gain weight. Oatmeal is your friend. Try a weight gainer to after workouts.

Thread Information