Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diet help

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    this is it
    come on now, your gonna have to work harder then that..

how much oats do you eat?? a cup, 1/2 a cup??

how many oz of chicken do you eat?

what's in your salad???

what kind of dressing and how much do you use??

this is what i mean by exact

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Its cool if you don't have a detailed diet, most people don't

but we can make the fat loss come off if we get you more of detailed diet

more frequent meals with macros tweaked toward you goals and weight....

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    when you were on the doc monitored diet, how did your activity level compare to now, and how many calories were you on then?
    I was taking Bontril which is a synthetic amphetamine and the calories were under 1000 daily. But only protein and the only carbs I had were from veggies. I dropped 50lbs in 6 months and I was doing cardio and circuit training 5 days a week.

you need to be more detailed
    Last edited by jamyjamjr; 03-30-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    I was taking Bontril which is a synthetic amphetamine and the calories were under 1000 daily. But only protein and the only carbs I had were from veggies. I dropped 50lbs in 6 months and I was doing cardio and circuit training 5 days a week.
    so what did you eat? i feel sorry for your body, i would seriously bitchslap that doc if i ever met him

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    you need to be more detailed

how much oats do you eat?? a cup? 1/2 a cup??

how many oz's of chicken do you eat?? at what frequency??

what kinda dressing do you use in your salad?? how much of it??

how many times a day do you eat, and when do you eat these meals?? be specific
    ok, sorry

i eat a packet if instant oatmeal however much that is.

In my salads I eat one chicken breast I don't know how many ounces that is either, but it's grilled.

The salad dressing is a vinaigrette I use 2 tablespoons which equals 100calories.

When do I eat? Well I work night shift so Like today I didn't wake up today until 4pm, so I went to the gym first, did my cardio, then came home and ate my chicken salad, I skipped breakfast, and to be honest I haven't eaten another meal so far.

I've almost gotten to the point where I'm scared to eat in fear that I might gain another pound

ok, sorry

i eat a packet if instant oatmeal however much that is.

In my salads I eat one chicken breast I don't know how many ounces that is either, but it's grilled.

The salad dressing is a vinaigrette I use 2 tablespoons which equals 100calories.

When do I eat? Well I work night shift so Like today I didn't wake up today until 4pm, so I went to the gym first, did my cardio, then came home and ate my chicken salad, I skipped breakfast, and to be honest I haven't eaten another meal so far.

I've almost gotten to the point where I'm scared to eat in fear that I might gain another pound

thats exactly what would cause you to gain weight, your body is in starvation mode as we speak.... i need you to find out how many oz your eating, or at least be able to tell how many oz your gonna eat so you can follow the diet correctly

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    thats exactly what would cause you to gain weight, your body is in starvation mode as we speak.... i need you to find out how many oz your eating, or at least be able to tell how many oz your gonna eat so you can follow the diet correctly
    exactly what i said, lol

kat, you need to get a little food scale and measure out your food tom or the next day and tell us so we can make adjustments, and get a pretty scale cause it's about to become your best friends

yup... most important tool for a diet

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    i have one, after doing it long enough I eye it out now... won't be doing that when dieting down for the contest though

Kat you have to become more detailed with your diet, the guys are spot on and if you want to achieve a high level of fitness, show off a truly hot body, you have to use the right tools and do the right things

I have a food scale, how many oz should i eat?

^^^ agreed

first tell me how much u usualy are eating.. post up a DETAILED diet

OK, I can't post details because I haven't been detailed, I'm asking for a NEW diet that will work, screw the old one.

i need to know how much your eating right now, i put you up to quickly, you'll just put weight on

I eat around 1000-1200 calories per day

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok Kats,
    I read thru this whole thing and there were a few different numbers tossed around. Let's start you off at 1,400 calories daily. This probably sounds like a lot to you, but trust me, if the calories come from the right foods, your body will turn into a fat burning machine. Since we're not cutting the calories down dangerously from your bmr, you're not going to lose much if any of your existing muscle. We're going for a little below maintenance and we'll let the cardio take care of a lot of the fat burning.

So here it is:

1,400 calories total that we'll break down into a 45 - 35 - 20 split.
    That's:

Protein
    45% of your daily calories
    157.5 grams = 630 calories total

Carbs
    35% of your daily calories
    122.5 grams = 490 calories

Fats
    20% of your daily calories
    31 grams = 280 calories

Here's a list of some good food choices

Carbs - Sweet potatoes, red potatoes, oats (No sugar added), brown rice, wild rice, barley, Steel cut oats, aktivated barley, Green leafy vegetables, Ezekiel bread, Whole wheat bread (sparingly)

Protein - Steak, lean ground beef, chicken breast, tuna, salmon or other fish, egg whites or whole eggs, beef jerkey (if you don't mind the sodium) and whey protein (I have one shake after working out, try to stick with real food as much as you can). Casein (Fat free cottage cheese is a good choice before bed) Any lean wild game (Venison, bison, elk etc.)

Fats - Flax, Fish or olive oil, casein or dairy products, avacadoes, nuts, egg yolks , all natural peanut butter.

Now, take some of these foods, (As well as whatever else you may eat in a given day) and put together 5 meals.

Try to keep the carbs mostly toward the morning and PWO.

Then I'll figure what you ended up with as far as macros and tweak it from there.

You said that you work nights right? What time do you go in and when are your breaks?

Also do you always do your lifting and cardio in the mornings, or does the time change?

Like I said, you're probably thinking this is too much food. And most people think that the less you eat, the more weight you lose. This is simply not true. That's why you see on TV, people always saying "I've tried every diet in the world, and I can't lose weight!" That's because they're generally not eating enough and basically killing their metabolism.

Put those meals together and we'll get you set up.
    Last edited by Rugger02; 03-31-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    Ok Kats,
    I read thru this whole thing and there were a few different numbers tossed around. Let's start you off at 1,750 calories daily. This probably sounds like a lot to you, but trust me, if the calories come from the right foods, your body will turn into a fat burning machine. Since we're not cutting the calories down dangerously from your bmr, you're not going to lose much if any of your existing muscle. We're going for a little below maintenance and we'll let the cardio take care of a lot of the fat burning.

So here it is:

1,750 calories total that we'll break down into a 45 - 35 - 20 split.
    That's:

Protein
    197 grams = 787.5 calories total

Carbs
    153 grams = 612.5 calories

Fats
    39 grams = 350 calories

Carbs - Sweet potatoes, red potatoes, oats (No sugar added), brown rice, wild rice, barley, Steel cut oats, aktivated barley, Green leafy vegetables, Ezekiel bread, Whole wheat bread (sparingly)

Protein - Steak, lean ground beef, chicken breast, tuna, salmon or other fish, egg whites or whole eggs, beef jerkey (if you don't mind the sodium) and whey protein (I have one shake after working out, try to stick with real food as much as you can). Casein (Fat free cottage cheese is a good choice before bed) Any lean wild game (Venison, bison, elk etc.)

Fats - Flax, Fish or olive oil, casein or dairy products, avacadoes, nuts, egg yolks , all natural peanut butter.

Now, take some of these foods, (As well as whatever else you may eat in a given day) and put together 5 meals.

Then I'll figure what you ended up with as far as macros and tweak it from there.

You said that you work nights right? What time do you go in and when are your breaks?

Also do you always do your lifting and cardio in the mornings, or does the time change?

Like I said, you're probably thinking this is too much food. And most people think that the less you eat, the more weight you lose. This is simply not true. That's why you see on TV, people always saying "I've tried every diet in the world, and I can't lose weight!" That's because they're generally not eating enough and basically killing their metabolism.

hey rugger, great post, except i have one issue with it...

she's barely eating 1000-1200 kcal a day right now, prob less then that, based upon what she's written so far...

i would say she should slowly get up to 1750kal at 200kcal/day progression... what do you think????

she would need at least 1hr cardio x 5days a week also to stay at 1750..

Think we should start off at 1400 - 1500?

I didn't really see that you guys came to an exact answer on BMR.

she did it on a website that used the same formula we do for female bmr... im just saying we should do a steady rise in kcal.. if she starts to gain weight immediatly, it'll just bum her out

LOL definately. It'd bum me out too.

I'm just trying to get a baseline to start with so as to create her macro split.

1400 would be a good launching point don't you think? At least to start,

absolutly... we can start it up there for sure...

OK edited formula for adjusted calories.
    Good catch 3J

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    Ok Kats,
    I read thru this whole thing and there were a few different numbers tossed around. Let's start you off at 1,400 calories daily. This probably sounds like a lot to you, but trust me, if the calories come from the right foods, your body will turn into a fat burning machine. Since we're not cutting the calories down dangerously from your bmr, you're not going to lose much if any of your existing muscle. We're going for a little below maintenance and we'll let the cardio take care of a lot of the fat burning.

So here it is:

1,400 calories total that we'll break down into a 45 - 35 - 20 split.
    That's:

Protein
    157.5 grams = 630 calories total

Carbs
    122.5 grams = 490 calories

Fats
    31 grams = 280 calories

Wow Rugger, thanks for all of the information, and yes 1400 calories does sound like an awful lot to me but Ill give it a shot. As for your questions, I only work 2 nights a week but I typically just keep the same schedule for the rest of the week where I sleep during the day and wake up in the afternoon, the first thing I do is go to the gym for my cardio which ends up being around 4:30pm lately I havent been eating any breakfast which I know isnt good.

I understand your breakdown in percentages but I'm scared that I'm not going to be able to translate them into meals correctly, so I'm going to work on that some more and see what else I can come up with.

Thank you so much!

I sent Rugger the list of foods that I like, that's what he was asking for. I just need some serious help, I'm to the point that I can't stand my body anymore. In fact I had it, it's bringing me down, I'm in the gym working out a lot now I need this to help and it should all come together. I know I want it to come off fast but I'll take it slow if I need to. I just need to feel better about myself. thank you guys for helping.

np, anytime

This is the Diet that Rugger Butt sent me.

Ok here goes.

Macros are listed as:
    Calories / protein / carbohydrates / fat

Meal 1
    3 egg whites
    57 – 12 – 1 – 0
    1 oz. (1 slice) low fat cheddar cheese
    34 – 3 – 1 – 2
    ½ packet Quaker low sugar instant oatmeal
    65 – 2 – 12.5 – 1.5
    2 Fish or flax oil capsules
    18 – 0 – 0 – 2

174 – 17 – 14.5 – 5.5

Meal 2

Salad (approxiamtely 2 cups of lettuce) with 4oz chicken breast and 1 ½ - 2 Tbsp dressing

215 – 28 – 1 – 9.5

Meal 3

1 Bowl Kashi Go Lean (or similar cereal) w/1 cup skim milk
    338 – 22 – 43 – 1
    2 Fish or flax oil capsules
    18 – 0 – 0 – 2

356 – 22 – 43 – 4

Meal 4 (or whenever pre-workout is)

1 container Yoplait light yogurt
    100 – 5 – 19 – 0
    Carrots and celery sticks (raw)
    30 – 2 – 7 – 0
    1 scoop whey protein
    150 – 25 – 0 – 0

280 – 32 – 26 – 0

Meal 5 (PWO meal)
    2 baby red potatoes
    119 – 3 – 27 – 0
    8 oz chicken breast**
    250 – 52 – 0 – 1

369 – 55 – 27 – 1

Totals
    1394 – 154 – 111.5 – 20

**This is the meal that you’ll probably want to change up from time to time. I put this one in for the purposes of the macros and that I like red potatoes for their mid range GI for PWO. You can sub the potatoes for brown rice, cereal, oats etc. You can sub the chicken for beef lean burger, eggs etc. You could also get fancy and grill some shrimp with some onions and peppers and put that over a bed of white rice. This to me anyway is the time for the meal that lets me actually enjoy eating and in my experiences helps keep cheating to a minimum.

You may also want to have a small serving of fat free cottage cheese before going to bed due to the caseinate protein.

If it is difficult for you to eat all this during the day, then just start slow. You can downsize the portions if you’d like, but just make sure that you don’t miss a meal. We’re rebuilding your metabolism as well as your diet here. Just try to work your way up to the portions I have listed over time. After you’ve seen some results and the diet is going well we’ll have to restructure your macros to prevent you from hitting a plateau.
    I think that pretty much sums it up. If you have any questions or concerns or what not, just let me know. Make sure you stick with your lifting and cardio and keep me posted on your results!
    Good luck Kats!
    Forward Message

looks decent kat.. i would add another 300kcal in the day though, your calories are just a tad too low

are you sure? I'm trying to drop a lot of weight here.

u will. trust me...

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    H@ll ,I only still lurk in the diet forum, Big. LOL, I get antsy as soon as I click out of the lab forum. I definitely have lots to learn in here ....
    ...and good luck, Ms. Kat. It looks like you've got some decent guys helping you out.

AG

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I'm easing out of my comfort zone. baby steps...
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    H@ll ,I only still lurk in the diet forum, Big. LOL, I get antsy as soon as I click out of the lab forum. I definitely have lots to learn in here ....
    ...and good luck, Ms. Kat. It looks like you've got some decent guys helping you out.

AG
    haha, i worked him outta the q and a section... lolololol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information