Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    powerful intelligent is offline Associate Member

powder protein vs animal

How much of a difference would it make in my diet if i use sythetic protein in contrast to the powder? I am looking to use whey protein and incorporate chicken and other forms of protein in my diet. Should i use one form over the other? will be happy with any feedback

sully15 is offline Junior Member
    good real food is a LOT better than shakes.. only time i have a shake is post workout since it digests quickly.. should probably of posted this in the diet section..

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    Red meat for weight gain!! You should be eating a variety of proteins though. I incorporate 1-2 whey shakes every day though.

EghtySx is offline Junior Member
    I eat more protien than I supplement. But for supps I use casein at night and whey and something called Pro-Stat 101 during the day. The Pro-Stat contains "Hydrolyzed Kosher Beef Collagen Protien". Gives me variety. As far as food protien goes I love red meat, always have, but I try to eat more chicken due to the cholestrol in beef.

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    while you always want to aim for mostly real food over protein powder, people tend to overstate how much better food really is. At the end of the day, it still comes down to # of protein and # of calories. Protein powder is very convenient if you are in a hurry or if your appetite isnt big enough to handle an extra meal of chicken or something like that

chubbsub is offline Junior Member
    I never use protein shakes anymore, and just drink liquid egg whites after a workout. I have continued to make great gains, all while staying at around 8% bf.

I think the digestibility of pro powders is def. an issue, as well as how "fast" whey supposedly is. Like other heavily processed foods, I highly doubt you're getting what the label says, and much of it sluices right thru you. It's the biggest business in weight loss and bodybuilding supplements, and these companies have made us all believe we need to supplement with their product to make progress, as most of the people out there are too damn lazy to cook a piece of chicken.

whole food is the best way to go IMO......even if you're on a cycle
    Last edited by chubbsub; 10-01-2009 at 03:18 AM.

Thread Information