jccnewbie is offline Senior Member

Red wine in the evening

For all the wine lovers. Would a single glass of red wine in the evening be a big diet problem?

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jccnewbie View Post
    For all the wine lovers. Would a single glass of red wine in the evening be a big diet problem?
    I try not to drink while on (oral) cycle. I have read debates on training and alcohol all the time. It comes down to how you want to look and feel. I havent had a drop of booze in almost 2 months cause my training is most important to me right now and drinking can hinder my progress. I love scotch!

On the other hand, if youre going on a date on Saturday night to your favorite steakhouse, by all means, enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner!!

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by popsinc View Post
    I try not to drink while on (oral) cycle. I have read debates on training and alcohol all the time. It comes down to how you want to look and feel. I havent had a drop of booze in almost 2 months cause my training is most important to me right now and drinking can hinder my progress. I love scotch!

On the other hand, if youre going on a date on Saturday night to your favorite steakhouse, by all means, enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner!!
    SNAP.........but i could do with a nice piss up .........BUT im doing my best to wait till christmas.....thatl be 4 month off alchol....longest ive went since i was 12....

I wasn't aware of alcohol holding back your progress. I have had a glass of cabernet every night for al long as I can remember to unwind at night. I guess I could try without it and see if I get better gains.

stokedv is offline Associate Member
    No matter how hard we try we need our "something" to make us feel good psychologically and it's very important.. some people have their cigarettes.. some people have a glass of wine.. some people have a joint!!

If you are training/juicing/losing weight you shouldnt have alcohol every day.. but at the same time amost every body heard that red wine at 1 glass a day can be beneficial for your heart and overall blood circulatory system... so it's very debatable ...

I drink only on weekends.. and I don't drink beer anymore because of the carbs.. beer was my "thing" as I don't smoke .. and I'm cutting so I hold myself to 3 shots of Vodka one day of the weekend and not every weekend.. twice or maximum trice a month..

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    I wasn't aware of alcohol holding back your progress. I have had a glass of cabernet every night for al long as I can remember to unwind at night. I guess I could try without it and see if I get better gains.
    im sure a small glass of red wine wont hurt your training...im sure ive heard it is good for your heart.....now drinking how i do is a diff story....LOL......binge drinking or excessive drinking will effect your training.......

Quote Originally Posted by stokedv;489***7
    No matter how hard we try we need our "something" to make us feel good psychologically and it's very important.. some people have their cigarettes.. some people have a glass of wine.. some people have a joint!!

If you are training/juicing/losing weight you shouldnt have alcohol every day.. but at the same time amost every body heard that red wine at 1 glass a day can be beneficial for your heart and overall blood circulatory system... so it's very debatable ...

I drink only on weekends.. and I don't drink beer anymore because of the carbs.. beer was my "thing" as I don't smoke .. and I'm cutting so I hold myself to 3 shots of Vodka one day of the weekend and not every weekend.. twice or maximum trice a month..

Red wine is for sure my "thing". I would agree that it can be debatable.
    I am only into my first week of test cyp cycle and I have still been enjoying a single glass of wine a night.

I might be able to cut back, I like the sound of the weekend only schedule. Maybe I can add this as part of my cheat day.

Red wine is for sure my "thing". I would agree that it can be debatable.
    I am only into my first week of test cyp cycle and I have still been enjoying a single glass of wine a night.

I might be able to cut back, I like the sound of the weekend only schedule. Maybe I can add this as part of my cheat day.
    Great Idea.....

stokedv is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    Great Idea.....
    right on...

mas-polloxxx is offline Junior Member
    or you could just stop drinking as there is nothing in alcohol to help you with your physique building plans. Regardless if you're cutting or bulking alcohol doesnt help you achieve those goals.

Quote Originally Posted by mas-polloxxx View Post
    or you could just stop drinking as there is nothing in alcohol to help you with your physique building plans. Regardless if you're cutting or bulking alcohol doesnt help you achieve those goals.
    Agreed, however one glass once a week would hardly make much of a difference.

btw, currently bulking.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    i have never drank alcohol, so i dont have much experience in telling you if its good or not.
    But personally i think of it this way, i try to limit all the toxins and bad things that goes in to my body to maximise results also performs i must say.

Cause i have seen ppl drink and a day later they struggle with their training.

Brother iron is offline New Member
    If it isn't going to benefit you why bother? I don't see what good it can do while on so leave it aside. To each his own though

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    honestly bro i have a glass of wine everynight, im portugese thats just what we do lol. i dont have any problems getting to my goals. no offense too anyone here, but alot of people here dont drink so they wouldnt know how it would effect there goals. yes on orals i would minimze the wine. but other than that one glass of wine is good for you. and ya if your getting wasted everynight it will deff damper your goals bulking or cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother iron View Post
    If it isn't going to benefit you why bother? I don't see what good it can do while on so leave it aside. To each his own though
    i agree...BUT he never mentioned on gear..............plus getting drunk is so much FUN!!!!!!!

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by PC650 View Post
    honestly bro i have a glass of wine everynight, im portugese thats just what we do lol. i dont have any problems getting to my goals. no offense too anyone here, but alot of people here dont drink so they wouldnt know how it would effect there goals. yes on orals i would minimze the wine. but other than that one glass of wine is good for you. and ya if your getting wasted everynight it will deff damper your goals bulking or cutting.
    I'm also a red wine lover. It helps me sleep better if I have 1/2 glass with one of my final meals. Red wine is also rich in anti-oxidants, such as Resveratrol.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    1 glass of wine per week is not going to make a difference whether on cycle or not..

Quote Originally Posted by PC650 View Post
    That is true, there are a lot of people who do not drink here. I never get wasted, just like to sip on cabernet. I'm glad to konw there is someon else here that shares my love for wine.

Thread Information