Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bigmoe5067 is offline Junior Member

how this for a cut diet?

i want to start my first cycle of test prop but im at 16-18%BF so im going to cut for 6 weeks just to get it down to 12-14% range. this is my first cut thats not on keto, and i treid to make it resemble the basic diets of this website. and i log everything into fitday

my stats
    im 6'1'' weighed 243 this morning, BF% 16-18. im 22 years old, been training hard for 2 years, lifting for 4

cardio
    -i have only been doing cardio 20min a day on eliptical 2x a week but now im going to do cardio 5 xdays a week, 3 days on eliptical 30-45 min, 2 day of 20 min HITT

diet macros

Grams Calories %-Cals
    Calories 2,404
    Fat 67.1 604 26 %
    Saturated 19.4 174 7 %
    Polyunsaturated 30.6 275 12 %
    Monounsaturated 14.8 133 6 %
    Carbohydrate 151.4 587 25 %
    Dietary Fiber 22.6
    Protein 292.0 1,165 49 %
    Alcohol 0.1 0 0 %

Fat (26%) Carbs (25%)
    Protein (49%)

that didnt quite work like i thought, so here the link to my fitday log for yesterday....http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...ate=1260316800.

the diet plan itself is.
    Meal 1- 8-9am
    - 2.5 scoops whey
    - ½ cup oatmeal

Meal 2- 11am- 12pm
    - 2.5 scoops whey or lean chicken or talapia
    - 2 tbsp flax oil/or coconut oil/mac nut oil

Meal 3/4- 2-3 pm
    - 2 cups lettuce (no dressing)
    - 2 scoops whey or lean chicken or talapia

Meal 4/3 5-6 pm
    - 2.5 scoops whey
    - fruit punch powder mixer

Meal 5 8-9 pm
    - 4 oz piece of chicken or talapia
    - ½ cup whole grain rice or oatmeal

Meal 6
    - 2.5 scoops whey
    - 2 tbsp flax oil/coconut oil/ mac nut oil

what do you think i could lose in 6 weeks on this? as i said normally i do keto diets over 10 weeks and usually drop 40-50lbs, but i look so shrivled at the end, and always end up losing some lean mass

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe5067 View Post
    i want to start my first cycle of test prop but im at 16-18%BF so im going to cut for 6 weeks just to get it down to 12-14% range. this is my first cut thats not on keto, and i treid to make it resemble the basic diets of this website. and i log everything into fitday

my stats
    im 6'1'' weighed 243 this morning, BF% 16-18. im 22 years old, been training hard for 2 years, lifting for 4

cardio
    -i have only been doing cardio 20min a day on eliptical 2x a week but now im going to do cardio 5 xdays a week, 3 days on eliptical 30-45 min, 2 day of 20 min HITT

diet macros

Grams Calories %-Cals
    Calories 2,404
    Fat 67.1 604 26 %
    Saturated 19.4 174 7 %
    Polyunsaturated 30.6 275 12 %
    Monounsaturated 14.8 133 6 %
    Carbohydrate 151.4 587 25 %
    Dietary Fiber 22.6
    Protein 292.0 1,165 49 %
    Alcohol 0.1 0 0 %

Fat (26%) Carbs (25%)
    Protein (49%)

that didnt quite work like i thought, so here the link to my fitday log for yesterday....http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...ate=1260316800.

the diet plan itself is.
    Meal 1- 8-9am
    - 2.5 scoops whey
    - ½ cup oatmeal

Meal 2- 11am- 12pm
    - 2.5 scoops whey or lean chicken or talapia
    - 2 tbsp flax oil/or coconut oil/mac nut oil

Meal 3/4- 2-3 pm
    - 2 scoops whey or lean chicken or talapia

Meal 4/3 5-6 pm
    - 2.5 scoops whey
    - fruit punch powder mixer

Meal 5 8-9 pm
    - 4 oz piece of chicken or talapia
    - ½ cup whole grain rice or oatmeal

Meal 6
    - 2.5 scoops whey
    - 2 tbsp flax oil/coconut oil/ mac nut oil

what do you think i could lose in 6 weeks on this? as i said normally i do keto diets over 10 weeks and usually drop 40-50lbs, but i look so shrivled at the end, and always end up losing some lean mass
    I think your whole diet is shit because I only see one meal. once you replace EVERY shake with a real food come back. you can't drink your diet.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I think your whole diet is shit because I only see one meal. once you replace EVERY shake with a real food come back. you can't drink your diet.
    Pretty much. It may sound harsh man but it's not one bit. People make the mistake of assuming that real food can't compare to shakes in terms of benefit/calorie ratio; however, it's quite the opposite. Especially when cutting, you need lots of lean meat, veg, efa's, and complex carbs (as needed for energy only IMO). That said, re-think it a bit and give Twist something to work with. Chicken and fish are your best friend but lean beef/bison are gonna be very important for pre-workout and late night meals. Keep the liquid pro for PWO only and situations where you have no other choice. And frankly, if your dedicated to your goals, there's always a way to eat a real bodybuilding meal.

with the exception of meals 4 and 6, chicken and fish are also optional for every meal that isnt those. im pretty sure i have that listed as well. also i work 35 hours a week while being a full time student, while trying to please my girlfriend and trying to bodybuild. thats the reason im not doing keto this time around. too much preperation time

in this diet i take in a bunch of ***** 3's and i take evening primrose for quality plant sterols, and flax oil in shakes twice a day, covering me for fat.

not to mention this diet came right out of the sticky in this section of the website on cutting.

do you guys pre- cook all of of meats and fish for like a period of 3 or 4 days? i cant find the time, during summer months its easy to do, but right now its near impossible for me.

i have to agree with both of you, yetserday i had a shake for meal 1, 2, 4, and 6... it was horrible. its not what i want, but until finals are over its gotta happen.

i would like to only have shakes for me pwo meal and my final meal 6, in a perfect world.

how many of you vets have jobs or school to deal with, or did you when you were in your first few years of training. how did you deal with time issues. i need 30 hour days

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    do you guys pre- cook all of of meats and fish for like a period of 3 or 4 days? i cant find the time, during summer months its easy to do, but right now its near impossible for me.

i have to agree with both of you, yetserday i had a shake for meal 1, 2, 4, and 6... it was horrible. its not what i want, but until finals are over its gotta happen.

i would like to only have shakes for me pwo meal and my final meal 6, in a perfect world.

how many of you vets have jobs or school to deal with, or did you when you were in your first few years of training. how did you deal with time issues. i need 30 hour days
    Sleep 30 minutes less than you are now and all your problems (excuses) will be solved.

and i should probably mention that due to the lack of variation in the diet, and for just being an overall health nut , i take alot of supps
    fish oil 2,000mgs 3xdaily
    multi 2x daily
    evening primrose oil 3x daily
    co-q 50mg 2xdaily
    vitamin e 500iu 1xdaily
    vitamin c 1000mg 3x daily

joint supps
    msm 2x daily
    glucosamine sulfate 2 xdaily
    calcium citrate

kidney/urinary/prostate
    -cranberry extract 3xdaily
    - saw palmetto

mood
    st. john wort

liver
    nac 3xdaily
    milk thistle 3xdaily
    choline/ala/dandelion root extract pills

so what your saying is if i have class from 8am to around 1 pm (im up at 7am every weekday ), then gym from 1:30 to around 4, leave for work at 4:30 then work at 5 to 11m with a half hour ride home. then i do homework till 1am and am in bed by around 1:30 and asleep by 2am. that my schedule 4 of my weekdays, and i work a double on saturdays. off on sundays... that i should get up at 6:30am? 4 and a half hours doesnt seem healthy. 5 hours a night is bad enough.

by next fall i should be out of debt, god i cant wait.

i have to work full time. i was an idiot a few years back and got caught up in a felony charge. all of my excess student loan money for the last 5 semesters has been tied up in paying off my lawyer, and im paying for it hard now.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I work 40 hours a week. Am pursuing my masters degree full-time. I also spend at least 2 hours in the gym 6 days per week. Sometimes, I don't get enough sleep. Sometimes, I blow off dates. I rarely watch TV/movies - but you better believe I eat like a motherf*cker! Granted, I don't have a girlfriend/wife which helps my productivity but plenty of the guys on here have that commitment also and they are jacked from eating right and training hard too.

Just buy a bunch of tupperware (I never knew how cheap it was) and save money by buying club-packs of chicken/ground-beef/other meats. Also buy big-ass bags of microwavable veggies. No matter how much meat/veg/natty PB you buy, it will never be too much. It won't go bad before you eat it, if you're eating enough to gain optimally (5-6 solid food meals per day). Here's an example of how to make chicken meals for the week:

Set your oven to broil. Put as many chicken breasts on a baking tray as possible. Sprinkle them all over with salt/pepper/garlic powder and any other spices you like. Drizzle with olive oil. Broil until cooked. Cut into slices and portion out 4-6 oz. in different containers (food scales are cheap and effective). While doing that, microwave a big bag of brocolli or something. Add a cup of brocolli to each container as well and drizzle w/ a tspn. of olive oil. There you go - 10 minutes - 10 meals. Pro/fat/fibrous carb. Once you learn how to season properly, the stuff is actually tasty too.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    so what your saying is if i have class from 8am to around 1 pm (im up at 7am every weekday ), then gym from 1:30 to around 4, leave for work at 4:30 then work at 5 to 11m with a half hour ride home. then i do homework till 1am and am in bed by around 1:30 and asleep by 2am. that my schedule 4 of my weekdays, and i work a double on saturdays. off on sundays... that i should get up at 6:30am? 4 and a half hours doesnt seem healthy. 5 hours a night is bad enough.

by next fall i should be out of debt, god i cant wait.

i have to work full time. i was an idiot a few years back and got caught up in a felony charge. all of my excess student loan money for the last 5 semesters has been tied up in paying off my lawyer, and im paying for it hard now.
    Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. I will spare you me writing out my days schedules but I think you will find I, and many others are just as busy or even busier than you and we still find ways to make it work.

nonotone is offline Associate Member
    ----
    Last edited by nonotone; 05-20-2014 at 06:08 AM.

uksteve is offline Junior Member
    im a sales rep, my car is always loaded with cool bags and tubs and 5l water bottle.. sometimes dont have room for the shit im ment to be selling. good luck, and wow you must rattle when you walk, thats loads of supps

Thread Information