Thread: cassein?

elcrisp76 is offline Junior Member

cassein?

Hey all,

I've been working really hard at cutting up for summer (in Oz it's Christmas time).. Loads of cardio, strict diet, but still some pretty intense weights sessions (trying to bring out as much defenition as possible).. I'm really close to my target b/f, but still have a tiny (I do mean tiny) bulge in my lower abdominal region..

I'm training a minimun of 3 hours a day, between lifting, abs/core, and cardio.. I know that tiny deposit is gonna be the last to go, but now I'm playing mental games and it's doing my head in...

I'm eating super lean, I won't do into too much detail but lots of lean chicken breast, tuna, and I'm a bit clinical when it comes to protein shakes.. (I don't buy the commercial crap, I buy 20kg bags of WPI, WPC, and cassein straight from the dairy company - unflavoured - and mix it according to how I feel my body needs it at that moment)

I get up in the morning and slam a WPC shake to stop the stomach from growling, then eat solids until I train at about 6pm. I slam a WPI shake straight after the weights, eat dinner about an hour later (all extremely low carbs)... After this is where I'm confusing myself. When I'm getting ready to crash out, at about 11pm, I'm hungry, so I have a cassein shake before bed (or even a can or two of tuna - I know real food is normally preferable to powders).

I often wake up in the middle of the night (say around 3am) and I've gotten into the habit of having another cassein shake, then going back to sleep. I want to stay as anabolic during then night as I possibly can..

Now I was shooting the breeze with a bloke at the gym the other night, telling him i was on a tight deadline for my fitness schedule (yeah I'm a bit opf a control freak).. He is an old-school bb'er (20 years my senior) and he said that i should cut out the cassein shakes asap..

Now I'm sure everyone has an opinion, but with the amount of cardio I'm getting I think I'll hit my goals within a couple of weeks. I often used to take a cassein shake before bed, but only recently started slamming one in the middle of the night.. (I read somewhere that Hugh Jackman was doing the same while he was training for the recent "Wolverine" film, and he ended up pretty ripped).

I'm a lot more clinical on supplementing than most of the guys I know, but this one has me a little stumped. How many dudes on here use cassein, and how exactly do you use it? (I know it often saves my ass and curbs my hunger to down a cassein shake rather than a mid-night raid on the refrigerator)

I'd appreciate any input..

Oh yeah i forgot to mention.. I'm taking Lyothyrinine (T3) at the moment as well. One of the reasons I've become religious about the midnight c-shakes is because I've heard plenty of reports of catabolism during the night when taking thyroid meds.

But when you think about it, it just makes sense doesn't it? I mean it's giving your body protein (no carbs etc) that it needs, and if you work out of a night time then that is when your body will most need these building blocks yeah?..

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elcrisp76 View Post
    Hey all,

I've been working really hard at cutting up for summer (in Oz it's Christmas time).. Loads of cardio, strict diet, but still some pretty intense weights sessions (trying to bring out as much defenition as possible).. I'm really close to my target b/f, but still have a tiny (I do mean tiny) bulge in my lower abdominal region..

I'm training a minimun of 3 hours a day, between lifting, abs/core, and cardio.. I know that tiny deposit is gonna be the last to go, but now I'm playing mental games and it's doing my head in...

I'm eating super lean, I won't do into too much detail but lots of lean chicken breast, tuna, and I'm a bit clinical when it comes to protein shakes.. (I don't buy the commercial crap, I buy 20kg bags of WPI, WPC, and cassein straight from the dairy company - unflavoured - and mix it according to how I feel my body needs it at that moment)

I get up in the morning and slam a WPC shake to stop the stomach from growling, then eat solids until I train at about 6pm. I slam a WPI shake straight after the weights, eat dinner about an hour later (all extremely low carbs)... After this is where I'm confusing myself. When I'm getting ready to crash out, at about 11pm, I'm hungry, so I have a cassein shake before bed (or even a can or two of tuna - I know real food is normally preferable to powders).

I often wake up in the middle of the night (say around 3am) and I've gotten into the habit of having another cassein shake, then going back to sleep. I want to stay as anabolic during then night as I possibly can..

Now I was shooting the breeze with a bloke at the gym the other night, telling him i was on a tight deadline for my fitness schedule (yeah I'm a bit opf a control freak).. He is an old-school bb'er (20 years my senior) and he said that i should cut out the cassein shakes asap..

Now I'm sure everyone has an opinion, but with the amount of cardio I'm getting I think I'll hit my goals within a couple of weeks. I often used to take a cassein shake before bed, but only recently started slamming one in the middle of the night.. (I read somewhere that Hugh Jackman was doing the same while he was training for the recent "Wolverine" film, and he ended up pretty ripped).

I'm a lot more clinical on supplementing than most of the guys I know, but this one has me a little stumped. How many dudes on here use cassein, and how exactly do you use it? (I know it often saves my ass and curbs my hunger to down a cassein shake rather than a mid-night raid on the refrigerator)

I'd appreciate any input..
    diff for everyone but i had no problem cutting alot of bf drinking a casein shake twice a day--one midday and one bfor bed---also added udos oil to the one bfor bed---keep doin what ur doin---they say eat red meat bfor bed for its slower digestion but like i said i never did----sometimes i did eggs bfor bed

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    keep the shake, especially if you are waking up hungry.

Yeah.. It seems to be working out okay.. Finally starting to show some good vascularity in the abdominal region (only as of the last two days), which means the b/f is coming off for sure..

The guy who told me to cut out the shakes is one of the strongest guys I know, but he's not exactly ripped (or anywhere near ripped - lol) .. I'll keep up the shakes and just drop the calories a bit if I don't see better results soon..

Thread Information