Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Iron Man Zig Zag method

I am gonna start using the Iron Man HIT workout again and have a question about the zig zag method. Here is what the workout says to do

NOTE: If the diet is not spot on don't expect to gain a whole lot on this routine other than some added strength and density. Extra calories will be needed with an emphasis on protein. Ectomorphs will even need more fats and carbs than endo's. The best gains will come about by going over your target weight, then dieting back down later. Let it be known that it is "IMPOSSIBLE" for the majority to achieve maximum muscle "size-strength" without putting on some body fat. You will have to go over the required weight- within reason, then lose the fat slowly and keep the hard earned muscle during the dieting down period. Cycling calories by eating more for a 4 days then dropping back down to normal for 3 days can help you ZIG-ZAG those muscular weight gains to a higher standard. This same ZIG-ZAG approach is the best plan for losing body fat as well.

NOTE: For gaining mass you must add 2 calories or so per pound of lean bodyweight to your daily caloric intake 4 days each week. It's best to spread these calories out among 5-6 meals per day. Then on the remaining 3 days for that week reduce your calories back to the original (minus 2 calories per pound of body weight). Protein should be kept constant throughout during any diet but carbs or fats either one can be maipulated when bulking or cutting. It's a personal preference as to which one you like eating the best and to whether or not you want to use a low fat diet of a low carb diet. Both work extremely well as overall calories becomes the biggest factor in weight gain or loss as long as protein is the main food source.. You will need to adjust your calories monthly to reflect the new caloric needs of your increased muscle mass. (This is secret most seek but few seem to find when trying to gain weight). USE THE DIET THAT YOU CAN LIVE WITH NOT SOMEONE ELSES!!!

NOTE: For losing body fat you must do just the opposite as the mass gaining diet. For 4 days each week, reduce your calories through carbs or fats by 2 per pound of lean body weight. Then on the remaining 3 days of that week add 2 calories per pound of lean body weight back into your diet.

NOTE: The above diet methods have been found to work better than any other mass gaining and/or fat loss diet there is because it re-sets the bodies set point/Basic metabolism rate without hitting the dreaded plateaus with most diet plans!!!!!!!! Anabolic steroid users can increase or decrease their calories by 3 for each pound of lean body mass if need be. Try using ZIG ZAG your calories and stay away from extreme diet plans and you will see results!!!!!!

My question is when Bulking do you need to do the 4 days with higher cals in a row or spread them out?? which method should I use?

Method 1
    Have a surplus Mon-Fri then do maintance Sat/Sun

Method 2
    Have a surplus Mon,Wed,Fri,Sat and do maintance Tue,thurs,Sun
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 01-21-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Is this like short term carb cycling? why is this better than a regular carb cycle? just looks like a short term carb cycle to me. If I were doing this method I would probably go low on carbs every other day. BUt I don't understand why this is recommended.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea me either, Im prob just gonna stay at a surplus the entire time I bulk then worry about cycling when I am cutting back down

Thread Information