baynethebluepit is offline Junior Member

Question Beers and calories

I've been working out for about eight weeks. i watch my diet and try to take in a low amount of total calories a day. I'm 250 6' 1" and probably take in about 2000 to 2500 cal a day sometimes less. I've been taking 50mg of winn a day. The problem is the winn is old, it was in a pill bottle for 2+ years. but what are ya gonna do throw it away or give it a shot. I'd say it held prob 50 to 60% of it's strength but the cutting power isnt there. These were left overs from my last cycle which worked great cutting but not as much power, which is backwards now, not by much. So if I average 4 or 5 beers a day, yeah I know, is that bad beyond just the calories, alcohol and added liver strain? If I switch to say coors light which is 90 cal instead of 145 for bud, will it make a huge difference or should I quit drinking completely and up the cardio? I'm out of work and can't sleep so a few beers helps ya know? maybe a xan in the mix, but that's it no drugs. My workout is 4 on 1 off, days I mean, and I throw at least 45 min of cardio in every day I work out. I do say 4 sets and at least 4 exercises per muscle group.Thanx for any feedback, plus what's the shelf life for winn, little blue circle pills. some stayed hard and darkblue and others weren't as hard and lighter blue but all pills kept they're integrity.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    mate 4or5 beers a day!.....definately need to stop.....shouldnt drink when taking steroids especially orals and when cutting 4or5 beers will be terrible for your diet!......

thanx

I here ya, it's the addictive personality. I'm working on it. If I could stop over night I would.

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    I drink 2-3 Mich Ultras a few nights/wk even when dieting. It keeps me from having cheat meals, but 4-5/day is too much.

mg1228 is offline Senior Member
    my prob is i cant stop once i start drinkin---so i dont start

beyond the cals--alcohol suppresses test production

over812 is offline Junior Member
    Moderation is the key, even at 90 cal per beer that's still 450 extra calories added on each night.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post

Snap!.....i cant have a couple, its all or nothing! lol

All good things come in time with practice. I'm on step one switched to coors light, now step two try to take a few days a week off, three have complete control and by the time i hopefully do another cyc I'll be completely free. I know if I get good orals I'll quit, I'm justifying the fact that the winn is old which it def is, when I took it before I was drinking absolut and cranberry to watch calories but I was alot younger and also taking pain killers. I posted a thread about not taking pk's because they almost ruined my life. This all ties into the addictive personality. I got almost everything else in check so I'm making progress. Thanx for the advice guys appreciate any advice and time taken to give it. At least I was taking milk thissle back in the day. So much for your body is your temple ha? jeesh,energizer bunny, love the pic, that's what life is all about. The trick is to find it. Don't tell me that's your old lady either.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Because of the impact of Alcohol on sleep quality, can decrease the secretion of HGH by as much as 70 percent! Also, when alcohol is in your body, the production of a substance in your liver is triggered that is directly toxic to testosterone . It can disrupt the water balance in muscle cells, thus altering their ability to produce ATP. Also potential mechanisms have been proposed for direct inhibition of skeletal muscle protein synthesis.

I like to drink so I'm not gonna judge, at this point only like once a week though. I did go through a time where it was 4-6 times a day every week, and at least two of those being binge drinking. As I grew up I stopped enjoying treating my body like a dumpster, and just part of getting older didn't like feeling drunk anymore. I could drink tequillia like water, 12+ beers no problem. Now 4 beers and I'm feeling it pretty damn good.
    If you need to drink every day, you should think about seeing a counsolor about it. Daily use is dependence.
    Just cause you workout doesn't mean you can't have fun, but needing a substance everyday indicates a problem.

The calories are a huge problem also. Look at it this way...if I told you I drank a pepsi every day...you'd say no big deal. If I drank a 6 pack of pepsi every day, and posted that in the diet forum, I think most people would jump on that.
    Most beer is similar nutritionally to full calorie soda. Only the quantity consumed is way more.
    Last edited by Kratos; 02-26-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    xanex too mixed with the beer sometimes, just to sleep.
    c'mon man, that's not good.
    You aren't even having fun.

When I was drinking a lot it was cause I was going out and living too crazy.
    WTF is the fun in cracking beers in front of the tv then hitting the sack?

xanex is do not mix with booz, that's drug abuse weather you think so or not.

I appreciate the responses. I'm definately an alcoholic, it's in my blood and family. I'm recently two years sober from opiate dependency so i've been working on getting better day by day. The reason I need the xans for sleep is because since getting sober I can't sleep without them, so ya know I got to knip those in the bud to. I don't abuse the xans, never have never will. It would be nice to get a night of sleep without the beer and xans, I'm almost scared to try because I know what's gonna happin, I'll be up with the bird cherps at sunrise, but hey I guess that's normal right? I was seeing a counselor but can't afford her due to lack of work. Like I said I'm two years clean, so I just need to cut the xans out, which obveously was hard being unemployed for the past six months and my schedule being screwed up, but that's gonna change at the beginning of april thank god, and to get back to before cut the beers to a one or two night a week thing, and live happily ever after. thanx again for the words of wisdom.
    Last edited by baynethebluepit; 02-27-2010 at 09:52 PM.

aedanman is offline Junior Member
    If you have a problem with drinking why did you start a cycle? Beat the addiction first.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Because of the impact of Alcohol on sleep quality, can decrease the secretion of HGH by as much as 70 percent! Also, when alcohol is in your body, the production of a substance in your liver is triggered that is directly toxic to testosterone. It can disrupt the water balance in muscle cells, thus altering their ability to produce ATP. Also potential mechanisms have been proposed for direct inhibition of skeletal muscle protein synthesis.

I like to drink so I'm not gonna judge, at this point only like once a week though. I did go through a time where it was 4-6 times a day every week, and at least two of those being binge drinking. As I grew up I stopped enjoying treating my body like a dumpster, and just part of getting older didn't like feeling drunk anymore. I could drink tequillia like water, 12+ beers no problem. Now 4 beers and I'm feeling it pretty damn good.
    If you need to drink every day, you should think about seeing a counsolor about it. Daily use is dependence.
    Just cause you workout doesn't mean you can't have fun, but needing a substance everyday indicates a problem.

The calories are a huge problem also. Look at it this way...if I told you I drank a pepsi every day...you'd say no big deal. If I drank a 6 pack of pepsi every day, and posted that in the diet forum, I think most people would jump on that.
    Most beer is similar nutritionally to full calorie soda. Only the quantity consumed is way more.
    Alcohol is very nasty to the HPTA.

Alcohol is directly inhibitive to the leydig cells. Acetaldehyde (which is initial part of alcohol metabolism converting via the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase) is even more inhibitive to the leydig cells.

Alcohol will damage germ cells inside the testis reducing spermatogenesis. It does this by reducing retinal synthesis (redox state).

It will also raise E2. Which may further be responsible for the damage to leydig/germ cells. But the primary action is through inhibiting enzymes responsible for testosterone synthesis (electrochemical balance).

That is how alcohol negatively effects testosterone/spermatogenesis producton people.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    beer is no good full of calories and supresses test

To answer why did I start a cycle if i knew I had a drinking problem, I was out of work for three months, what did I do, yeah I drank and sat around, finally I got off my ass and started going to the gym. I know alcohol and working out is not a good marriage so I've been working on it , it's a priority thing and it's been getting better by the day. After working out naturally for like six weeks i had an old thirty dayer of winn in a bottle I had for a few years, I wasn't gonna throw them out so i threw them in to the routine. I know in the back of my mind that my liver ain't happy with me but the pills were already old enuff and it was time to take them and see if any gains could be made, and they have, not neck braking but gains and a little cut. Its like smoking cigarettes, you know there no good for you and there an addiction but you smoke anyway, I don't personally, I quit after getting right, but to go from were I was to were I am now I really can't complain. I'm not trying to justify my actions I'm just looking for advice, and I appreciate all I've gotten. thanx
    Last edited by baynethebluepit; 02-28-2010 at 12:45 PM.

B1gDaddy is offline Associate Member
    Is liquor equally as bad as beer? :s

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B1gDaddy View Post
    Depends. Any shot of liquor is gonna be at least 100 calories; even flavorless vodka. Most hard liquor is better than bear with regard to carbs and bloating but some are loaded with sugar - think Soco or Jager. Anyone who actively pursues the sport of bodybuilding should limit drinking to the bare minimum for the numerous reasons sited in this thread. However, on cycle, one should not drink at all. No excuse.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B1gDaddy View Post
    Depends. Any shot of liquor is gonna be at least 100 calories; even flavorless vodka. Most hard liquor is better than beer with regard to carbs and bloating but some are loaded with sugar - think Soco or Jager. Anyone who actively pursues the sport of bodybuilding should limit drinking to the bare minimum for the numerous reasons sited in this thread. However, on cycle, one should not drink at all. No excuse.

B1gDaddy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Depends. Any shot of liquor is gonna be at least 100 calories; even flavorless vodka. Most hard liquor is better than beer with regard to carbs and bloating but some are loaded with sugar - think Soco or Jager. Anyone who actively pursues the sport of bodybuilding should limit drinking to the bare minimum for the numerous reasons sited in this thread. However, on cycle, one should not drink at all. No excuse.
    Fair enough. Thanks.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Well, this is sucky news! It's obvious why beer and wine would be no good on a (cutting) diet, but I figured i'd be safe with shots. 100 calories per shot? Fu(k, I drank about 1000 calories worth of Patron last Saturday!

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mg1228 View Post

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING ^this^

Ferdinand is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baynethebluepit View Post
    I appreciate the responses. I'm definately an alcoholic, it's in my blood and family. I'm recently two years sober from opiate dependency so i've been working on getting better day by day. The reason I need the xans for sleep is because since getting sober I can't sleep without them, so ya know I got to knip those in the bud to. I don't abuse the xans, never have never will. It would be nice to get a night of sleep without the beer and xans, I'm almost scared to try because I know what's gonna happin, I'll be up with the bird cherps at sunrise, but hey I guess that's normal right? I was seeing a counselor but can't afford her due to lack of work. Like I said I'm two years clean, so I just need to cut the xans out, which obveously was hard being unemployed for the past six months and my schedule being screwed up, but that's gonna change at the beginning of april thank god, and to get back to before cut the beers to a one or two night a week thing, and live happily ever after. thanx again for the words of wisdom.
    Man, you should stop doing drugs and focus on your drinking problem first hand. Go the the gym, train naturally focus on quitting the alcohol then think about cycling when the job is done.
    Adding a potentially new addictive compund when you have problems with alcohol is not a good idea, not to mention the health risks involved when you add 5 beers to a cycle everyday.. and orals!!

Good luck to you!

Your right, I'm not gonna take anything if I'm drinking again. I work hard physical labor and having a few beers after work is just normal, at least that's what I was raised to think. I only got back in the gym because I had the time and no choice other than stairing at the wall. Now that I'm back to work I don't need xan's to sleep, I do have high anxiety and always have, but no drugs. Is a few beers after work technically a problem when most people my age are out boosing two three nights a week? I may be in denial but one step at a time especially after just passing two years without any opiates.

Thread Information