Little Herc is offline Associate Member

20 carbs a day for a week bad?

I'm cutting and I would like to try out a low carb diet for a week. Would this be bad in anyway as far as muscle/fat lose ratio. I've been counting calories and doing an hour a day of cardio but even when I drop calories down to a stupid lvl (1800 at 5'8 190 20%)I'm still holding on to the weight..

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Are you replacing the carbs with fat? Or are the fats low also? You dont have to run from carbs to get lean!!!..TOP

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    you would feel shit no energy what so ever if you arnt replacing them also u would get hungrier and hungrier

JinNtonic is offline Member
    ^^^ Dont agree, I eat less that 20 carbs a day and I feel fine...

Dropping the carbs would basically make my diet eggs, tuna, grilled chicken and mixed veggie. Do these foods contain enough fats or should I start eating beef again? I also could start taking more than one tablespoon of flax seed oil? I know i'm gonna be starving but I would like to see how I respond to no carbs. I'm taking clen for the next 10 days so I think that will help with the appetite abit. Today is the first day but I took some ginseng and taurine and i think it kept me from bottoming out on the cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by JinNtonic View Post
    I'm hoping thats the way ill be.
    Last edited by Little Herc; 02-26-2010 at 06:44 PM.

stokedv is offline Associate Member
    Bro I think I did the worst mistake of my life getting so much obsessed by, and avoiding carbs for 4 weeks now.. I spent my time soooo huungrryyyyyy... so prone to cheat..

Quote Originally Posted by stokedv View Post
    Bro I think I did the worst mistake of my life getting so much obsessed by, and avoiding carbs for 4 weeks now.. I spent my time soooo huungrryyyyyy... so prone to cheat..
    Is the weight coming off?

I think i'm just going to try keto atleast then i get to eat good stuff on the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Little Herc View Post
    Is the weight coming off?
    it is MELTING bro... but hey : there IS ANOTHER WAY which is as effective but you actually eat carbs, burn fat all in cardio and keep or even gain muscle .. sounds extraordinary doesn't it?

it's not.. and its what Sarcev is trying to put emphasis on in his videos.. if you are uropean you'd understand
    You can cycle carbs.. you can do ckd which also has a carboload on the weekeds... carbs mmmm

Frank1 is offline New Member
    Cycling carbs works well for me. 2 low days(about 50 gms) and then a high day(250+). If I go more than 2 low, I'll usually end up cheating, just get way too hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    Cycling carbs works well for me. 2 low days(about 50 gms) and then a high day(250+). If I go more than 2 low, I'll usually end up cheating, just get way too hungry.
    yeah the hunger will make you do nasty things.. a lil bit of low GI carbs or cycle them.. my state of mind was aweful all along

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JinNtonic View Post
    im just coming from my past experince bro its only so long before you will be low in energy without carbs also you tend to eat more with less carb diet you need your essential fats eg fish etc and good source of protein but surely you must of fealt a diffrence from adding carbs to going down to 20 ?

Well i'm on day 3 and kept carbs below 10 a day and calories below 2k and I'm not hungry at all. I have to remind myself to eat haha. When i was doing low fat low calories all I wanted to is eat sweets. It's weird that I was doing low fat and I crave Carbs? When i would eat I would be planning out when I could eat again. Keto is nice but its only day 3 so I hope it continues this way "knock on wood" Scales says I'm down 2 lbs already.

Keep it up man

digitalepiphany is offline New Member
    I cut out all processed and refined foods (which is mainly carbs) about 4 weeks ago. I get all my carbs from veggies and 1 orange a day. I increased my fat intake by cooking with coconut oil and by eating fattier pieces of meat. My caloric intake is actually less than it was before (the protein and fats fill me up quicker and sate my appetite longer), but haven't felt hungry at all. In fact, when I do eat, it's because I know that I should. When I ate a shit-ton of carbs, I was always hungry. I've lost just over 20 pounds since I started this, and I see no reason to ever stop eating this way.

Thread Information